- Ability Scores are generated by rolling 4d6, rerolling all ones, and dropping the lowest score.
- Players can be any race from the Player’s Handbook or the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting up to a level adjustment of +2.
- Characters can be of any class that has been published by WotC and is compatible with 3.5. The only exception to this rule is that the Tome of Nine Swords is not allowed.
- Each character must choose to be from one of the regions in the Player’s Guide to Faerun, and each character gets a single regional feat for free upon creation.
- Fantasy names are required for each character.
- If a character should die and be unable to be brought back to life, the player’s new character will start at the same level of experience that the lowest level character of the party is at.