“1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
21. Never stray from the Way.”
― Miyamoto Musashi
The Sapphire Throne – The Most Precious Thing of All
Prologue: Winter Court – The Tournament of the Samurai
Chapter 1: Writ of Justice
Chapter 2: Way of Death
Chapter 3: Compassion
Chapter 4: The Topaz Championship
Chapter 5: A Change of Color
Chapter 6: The Shadowlands
Chapter 7: Twenty Goblin Winter – Strength From Weakness
Chapter 8: Twenty Goblin Winter – The City of The Lost
Chapter 9: Twenty Goblin Winter – Tomb of the Seven Thunders
Chapter 10: Four Funerals and a Wedding
Chapter 11: Grave of Heroes (Formerly “Hair of the Dog”)
Chapter 12: Test of Purity, Part 1
Chapter 13: Test of Purity, Part 2
Chapter 14: Bits and Pieces
Chapter 15: The Battle of Shiro Usagi
Chapter 16: From the Ashes
Chapter 17: The Hidden Heart
Chapter 18: A Hard Rain Will Fall
Chapter 19: Celestial Journey
Chapter 20: A Trivial Thing
Epilogue: For Two Men to Keep a Secret…
“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
― Miyamoto Musashi