Everything you Wanted to Know about Drow but were Afraid to Ask
A quick summary of everything the Heroes have gleaned about Drow since the adventure began.
From Mind Flayers
- Drow are an ancient enemy of the Flayer race, from some long forgotten war in a Subterranean realm
- Drow are something akin to peverse twisted offcasts of the elf race
- Drow are the substance of elven nightmares, some may even dispute if they were anything were other than legendsand myths
- Possibly originating from Stanton’s homeworld of Toril
- Demonic in appearance with skin black as coal, teeth and claws sharp like razors
- Masters of Stealth possibly suggesting some sort of teleportation magic, the ability to step through shadows
- Thought to be exterminated, or at worst imprisoned below the surface, after a crusade of noble races wiped them out
- The Underdark, the Drow realm, is a maze like network of magical caves and tunnels under his home city of Waterdeep
- Innately magical but magic that grows to taint any who covet it or are exposed to it for too long
- Many heroes foolishly set off to explore this subterranean realm to make a name for themselves. Few return.
From Thul & Glim *
- Drow may be responsible for the disappearance or destruction of the fabled Dwarven stronghold of El Dorado.
- Glim’s holographic recreation of his voyage to the planet he claims to be El Dorado depicted to be a monolithic structure potential of Drow make
From First Contact
- Although sharing a common ancestry Drow seem to have adapted or evolved over the millennia or possibly twisted by their diabolic dealings with the Spider Queen.
- Skin is black and chitinous and seemingly devoid of body hair
- There seems to be some variant or lycanthropic version of the Drow where the bottom limbs are replaced or transformed with the abdomen of a spider
From First Combat Encounter with Drow in the depths of the Temple
- Actively seeking to recover Shadow’s staff
- Possibly all female
- Appearances all identical suggesting doppelgangers, cloning or flesh crafting
- Blood is some way acidic creates noxious gas which has the potential to overcome attackers
- Possibly more vulnerable to bludgeoning weapons
- Exceptionally fleet of foot
- Prefer “hit and run” attacks
- Ability to conjure spheres of darkness which can be dispelled by light spells
- Heightened vulnerability to sun / light based effects
- Ritual suicide / murder of subordinates as a combat tactic
From the Battle of the Spider Altar on the Mountaintops of Eldorado
- They appear to be clones or in some way duplicates of each other, possibly one for each Caste or class.
- 3 Classes or breeds have been observed so far. All are incredibly fast.
- Warriors / Monks identified by their red hair
- Drider a drow torso fused to some variety of biomechanical legs. These appear to be some form of construct or golem. They are not mindless automata but seem to act as a slave or drone class completing manual labour. In combat they provide a combination of brute force and ranged support. They have the same features as a flesh golem
- Arcane Casters. Identified by their white hair. They possess the ability to shape-shift into the form of a giant spider and still cast while in this bestial form. Innate abilities include web spell, possibly as an alternative to darkness and the ability to conjure spiders as a vermin irritant, presumably in an attempt to limit the effectiveness of enemy casters. They are able to move freely through the webs they create