DAMSEL IN DISTRESS (Session 10)
Because…who doesn’t save a damsel?Game date: May 25, 2010
- Save the Princess of the Summer Court in the Feywild from an uncertain fate from her undead captors.
- True Love is out there somewhere. Hayne Kasar has given the PCs a Black Feather of the Raven Queen as a token of his love and asked them to help him search for Sharaea.
- Dajaani’s symbol of Pelor should be returned to Ryazan, a secluded but significant temple in the old tiefling empire of Bael Turath, for a reward.
- Find the Karak Lode and report any information of the lost mine to Bram Ironfell in the town of Overbrook.
Reward: 1,000 gp (half in gold, half in gems) as an upfront payment for undertaking the search.
- Help Nimozoran the Green stop his troubling dreams by finding Kravakos in the Winterbole Forest.
Reward: 2,500 gp once the PCs return with information about Kravakos and a way to stop the dream visions from returning.
It wasn’t difficult to follow the trail of the undead captors across the landscape. The mindless creatures gave little thought…nay, no thought to covering their tracks. And those tracks led straight to the foot of the mountains into cave that stank of death carried on a constant bone-chilling breeze.
Three zombies were lured from their newly caught feast out into the open by the PCs. They were killed swiftly, but the characters knew more waited inside. They entered the darkness, barely withstanding the stench. Pure light emanating from the orb held high by Thia illuminated the grizzly scene before them. Zombies held the remains of the eladrin guards in their hands, sucking the marrow out of bones and brains from helmeted heads. A pyramid of skulls had been carefully stacked in the center of the room stretching into the gloom toward the ceiling.
The characters were already taxed by their previous encounter with the undead stragglers earlier that day. And while the zombies in the tomb were slain easy enough, a three-headed skeleton lord would re-animate the monsters again and again. Remmy was constantly thwarted as the skelton lord pushed him about the tomb while Berend’s love of the fight invigorated him to shake off the creature’s attacks.
With the tomb’s guardians defeated, the PCs ventured further into the unholy place. The main trail of the captors led into the caves that wended their way under the main structure. The ghost of an adventurer fled from Berend’s approach and then dominated the dwarf when he pursued. As the PCs fought to defend themselves from their friend, a wraith attacked Furmar from behind. The narrow passageway made for a difficult fight, but the PCs concerted effort eventually released Berend from his ghostly control and the wraith’s force was destroyed.
- Mogryn has grown increasingly depressed since entering the tomb and has lost his will to live.
- The PCs are in an ancient tomb built by…the von Kirstners, who settled in the frontier of Nerath a few centuries ago.
“Welcome Party” (1775 xp)
“Two’s A Crowd” (775 xp)
- Trap Haunt (1) [Knowledge: unkown]
- Lost Wraith (1) [Knowledge: unknown] Treasure: none.
Each character (including Furmar) earned 510 XP for “Welcome Party” and “Two’s A Crowd”.
Total character experience: 9,497
Experience needed to 7th level: 503