The House Creation Rules in A Song of Ice & Fire RPG are exactly as stated in the book with the following exceptions:
- A player has the option of building an Origin House instead of building a character raised within the Perspective House. By choosing this option, the player forfeits the right to add their 1d6 as a bonus dice to the strength of the Perspective House. This is best used for exploring noble characters from other parts of Westeros who owe fealty to the Perspective House.
- Players stepping into the game new or making a replacement character may choose to be from the Perspective House or an Origin House.
- Initial Modifications, p97 All players within the Perspective House may add 1d6 to the starting Attributes of the house before region bonuses are applied. These dice may be rolled one at a time with the result applied prior to the next roll.
- Initial Modifications, p97 Each Origin House created may add three additional dice to the starting Attributes of a house. These may be rolled one at a time. In fact, it’s recommended.
- Table 6-3: First Founding, p99 You may opt to select Recent or New if you do not wish to roll randomly to determine your houses First Founding. In the era this game takes place, Table 6-3 has been recreated below to reflect different Foundings:
|1||Ancient||Age of Heroes||1d6+3|
|2||Very Old||Andal Invasion||1d6+2|
|4||Well Established||Age of Heroes||1d6|
|5||Established||Dance of Dragons||1d6-1|
|6||Recent||Second Blackfyre Rebellion||1d6-2|
- Historical Events, p98 You must roll each historical event randomly. The number of historical events is determined by your roll based on your houses First Founding.
- Heirs is a confusing bit of information. Please note that The Heirs Status Table, P103 is accurate to defining your character’s starting Status with the following exceptions: A distinguishing position other than heir to your house may raise your starting status higher. Also note that Status 3 is the mark for standard nobility and thus even Second Sons or Other Children may start at a Status of 3, reguardless of your Houses maximum status. Bastards are typically Status of 2.
- Banner Houses cost differently than depicted in the book. Please see the wiki page for more details.