The Rise and Fall of the Van Arthog Lineage
- The bulk of the book concerns the births, deaths, and marriages of the Van Arthog family.
- The family seat was a villa on the shore of Lake Spendlowe.
- Many years ago Karl Van Arthog was the last mage to hold the post of Guardian of the Keep of Adlerweg.
- When Karl retired to the villa he brought with him a powerful magical item known as the Sentinel.
- The family history ends with Heinrich Van Arthog who squandered the family fortune and was forced to give up the villa.