Step 1: Primary Ability Score Generation
- Determine your character’s initial primary ability scores by rolling 3d6 for each ability score, in order. Make sure you record the individual die rolls, not just the total results.
- You may re-roll any 3 dice from the above step.
Step 2: Secondary Ability Score Generation
- Roll 3d6 for each of the following attributes: Overland Movement (modify by dex), Size, Comeliness, Perception
Step 3: Select Your Character Race
- Apply racial modifiers to ability scores.
Step 4: Select Your Character Class
- The following classes are available from the PHB: Fighter, Ranger, Wizard (Scholar), Cleric, Thief, Bard (Divine only)
- The following classes are available from the 1e Unearthed Arcana: Barbarian, Cavalier, and Thief-Acrobat.
- The following classes are available from HR1: Vikings: Berserker, Runecaster (Renamed Rune Warrior)
- Check the Character Classes page for house rules. Most classes have house rules of one type or another.