ow here’s a tavern with allot of local color! Live music is at hand most nights, and bar fights are not uncommon. The food is good and cheep and so is the beer. In fact, the Downlander is also a distillery of Dwarven Ale. Silver Wheat is the house special, and it is famous throughout the land. While the Downlander is primarily known for its beer and good eats, it does take in boarders. However, quarters are cramped, and privacy is not to be had. The Tavern is owned by a stout, bald, black bearded Dwarf named Edreth MierOblan who takes pride in his brew. He often lets traveling minstrels and bards stay for free in exchange for a night of song and dance. MierOblan is generally a good natured fellow, just don’t mention “dragons” around him or else you’ll regret it.
Proprietor: Edreth MierOblan.
Clientele: Farmers, Herdsman, Merchants and Adventurers.
Lodging: Poor. Everyone sleeps in one of 3 sleeping porches with 8 bunk-bed like cots in each.Food: Decent. The menu consists of:
- Breakfast: “The Downlander Fry-up”: Wyvern eggs & sausages, bacon, tomato, and beans.
- Lunch: Bread, cheese, tomato and Bison steak.
- Dinner: Potato Hash, stewed tomato, tuber cakes, Bison pot-roast and wineberry cobbler.
- Snack: Potato fritters and spicy BBQ Wyvern bites.
- Yellow Moon: A pale ale with more hops than you can shake a stick at!
- Glef’s Hammer: Don’t drink this imperial stout unless you don’t mind being laid out for few days.
- Oatmeal Stout: Full of dark sweet, malty goodness!
- Ondroth Red: A well balanced, lightly hopped beer with a pleasant roasted malt flavor.
- Silverwheat: A light, crisp, hoppy beer with citric notes that cannot be beat!