Table of Contents
Partial Powers System
In the All Roads Lead to Amber game, we utilize a tiered approach to the Partial Powers system commonly used in many Amber Diceless games. This is both to keep the ambiguity of the original system, as well as the flexibility of the Partial Powers system. Generally, in a conflict between two people using powers, the higher tier power will win. Ties will often go to the higher Psyche, with weighting given for certain powers. The following powers are the publicly known levels and powers of All Roads Lead to Amber
- Supplementary Powers
- Abyssal Mysticism (This power has been demonstrated, but its capacities are currently unknown)
Oberon Barimen is the King of Amber, and the one true lord of all that is Real. Those who bear his blood, his children and grandchildren, have inherited more than just his power. This is the story of the children of Oberon, in their trials and tribulations ahead.
- Of Cymnea of Eaton
- Hexion Barimen, formerly Prince in Exile (deceased)
- Enonia of Shadow, born out of wedlock
- Of Rilga of Begma
- Bethany “Circe” Barimen
- Of Paulette of the Eastern Marches
- Aiden Barimen, Former King of Amber
- Of Bastard Lineage
- Emerson du Lac of Rebma
While not all the story rests upon the shoulders of the key characters, there are always those whose movements in the shadows can change the world.
- Oberon Barimen, former King of Amber and Chosen of the Unicorn
- Dworkin, former Grand Magus of Amber (missing, presumed dead)
- Marek Barimen, Sorcerer Prince of Amber, second child of Cymnea of Eaton and Oberon Barimen
- Caius Barimen, King of Avalon, Prince in Exile of Amber, first child of Faeilla of Shadow and Oberon Barimen
- Jonathan Barimen, Prince of Amber, first child of Rilga of Begma (missing)
- Hala Barimen, Princess of Amber, first child of Paulette of the Eastern Marches and Oberon Barimen, CEO of Fleur de Lys Multi-Industries
- Argyle, castellan of Castle Amber
- Duke Cranmore Theradune, Former Duke of House Theradune, recently ascended Duke of House Hydra, leader of the New Bloods
- Kored Theradune, Newly Acknowledged Chaos Lord-Errant, leader of the Opportunists
- Herrick Hendrake of House Hendrake, arms master of the Courts of Chaos, leader of the Old Guard
- Captain Jameson Herrd of Shadow, still alive and active
- Tomo Barringer, first child of Rhys Barimen and Nyoko Nagame of Earth
- Jonas Greensleaves, Amon’s lieutenant, fanatical Ardenite
- Legion, the sentient Trump-based superweapon created by Dworkin to destroy House Eaton
- The Amon Units, Trump duplicates of Amon created by Legion during the assault on Earth
- Queen Paulette Farriere of Amber, formerly of the Eastern Marches, former Queen of Amber
- Grand General Leonardo d’Umbrii, the Lord Regent of New Kashfa (deceased, old age)
The Next Generation
Born after the defeat of the Sorceror’s Rebellion, and coming into their own during the isolation that followed the War of the Black Road, the next generation of the Children of Amber are a varied lot. Mimicking their parents in power, at very least, time will tell if they follow in the footsteps of their actions.
- Julia Barimen, second child of Caius Barimen and Gwynevere of Avalon
- Brutus Barimen, third child of Caius Barimen and Gwynevere of Avalon
- Lilith Barringer, twin sister of Adam Barringer, child of Rhys Barimen and Nyoko Nagame of Earth
- Adam Barringer, twin brother of Lilith Barringer, child of Rhys Barimen and Nyoko Nagame of Earth
- Clarissa Thessala, only child of Crystal Thessala and Eduardo de Castille of Kashfa
- Alice Barimen, only child of Rosaline Barimen and Jonathan Barimen
- Lilianna Eno Rumos, first child of Enonia and Ulysses Rumos of Chaos
- Hector Uly Rumos, second child of Enonia and Ulysses Rumos of Chaos
Items of Power
Recurring throughout the stories of Oberon’s children are certain items of Power. While some contain a fraction of true Reality within them, others are simply mysterious sources of power and change.
- Carradoc, the Pattern blade wielded by Caius Barimen
- Gauntlet of Sorcery, the Pattern spellrack wielded by Octavius, formerly by Marek
- Trumps of Doom, the lost Trumps of Dworkin
- Colada, the golden Pattern blade wielded by Marek, formerly by Dworkin
- Clarent, the silver Pattern blade wielded by Octavius
- The Black Road, the Shadow Construct of Destiny bringing war to Amber’s doorstep.
The alliance of Shadows gathered by Oberon and connected by the Golden Pathways. They are a trade alliance that provides Amber with its significant amount of political clout.
Gathered around Firegate and the Logrus, and ruled by High King Swayville, this is an ancient society of shapeshifters and sorcerors who control vast stretches of Shadow through their mastery of the Logrus.