The rise of the orcs marks the beginning of the Second Epoch in the history of Serinor. It was the first time short-lived mortals were seen in Serinor. This immediately disrupted the placid atmosphere of the world.
- The orcs begin hunting dragons to expand their own empire.
- After suffering significant losses, the dragons craft various races of wyrmkin and dragonspawn using blood rituals known only to them. Included in these creations are the lizardmen.
- Orcish settlers make first contact with the dwarves, who claim to have always existed in the caves beneath the surface of Serinor.
- The elven bard Carnok is elevated to true immortality by the Elder Gods after he discovers music that can warp the weave of fate itself.
- A village of halflings is discovered in territory disputed by orcs and dragons. Through determined inventiveness and dumb luck, the halflings manage to wrest land from both sides and create a peaceful homeland.
- Orcs perfect the art of alchemy and lay the rudimentary foundations of arcane power.
- Dwarves begin selling adamantium armaments to both orcs and dragons. Neither side can manage to locate or take the source of the metal from the dwarves.
- First anecdotal instances of people rising from the dead are recorded in elven epics, suggesting the arrival of the Hero Soul in Serinor around this time.
- Orcish settlers discover the Divine Light shining down from the summit of Mount Gela. They turn from the Elder Gods to worship the Light instead.