The use of cloudfaring vessels started when the first arcanotechs discovered how to utilize blue arcanium without causing an explosion. The immense energy was first harnessed to power giant cannons that can tear through castle walls, and then giant magical shields to defend against them. Once the stalemate of war was reinstated, engineers decided they did not want to chance walking into cannon fire, so they decided to go over the land. Ship + arcanium + float magic = cloudship. Once cloudships became widespread, they replaced seafaring vessels almost completely, as they travel much quicker and do not require nearly as much wind to move, and can move even without it.
Cloudships appear in just as many varieties as seafaring ships.
Speed is listed in kph. This is the top speed the ship can move if the minimum crew limit is reached.
MB is the Maneuver Bonus, added or subtracted to or from Initiative and Pilot checks.
Cargo is listed in tons.
Crew is the number of crew the ship requires to move at full speed.
- Arcanotech Cannon: 30 arcane damage, penetrates 10 armor, low penetration shields 10, slow, inaccurate, -4 tons, +1 Major
- Arcanotech Turret: 20 arcane damage, penetrates 5 armor, low penetration shields 10, autofire, -3 tons +2 Minor
- Bombing Tubes: 20 fire damage, area 4m, burning, unique: only drop straight down, -10 tons, +2 Minor
- Cargo to Crew Conversion: -5 tons, +1 passenger. Free
- Extra Arcanium: +20 speed, -10 tons, +1 Major
- Extra Plating: +10 armor, -10 speed, +1 Minor
- Enchanted Hull: +5 arcane resistance, +2 Minor
- Magical Shielding: 10 shields, -5 tons, +1 Major
- Port & Polish: +10 Speed +2 Minor
- Ram: +20 damage when ramming, -5 tons, +1 Minor
- Retractable Ballista: Allows for ship grappling +1 Minor
- Ship Redesign: +1 MB, +2 Minor