(Back to PC Races)
Average Height: 6’2" – 6’8"
Average Weight: 220 – 320 pounds
Born to fight, dragonborn are a race of wandering mercenaries, soldiers, and adventurers. Long ago, their empire contended for worldwide dominion, but now only a few rootless clans of these honorable warriors remain to pass on their legends of ancient glory.
- Eyes: Shades of red or gold, with slitted pupils
- Hair: Crest of hornlike scales of various lengths, resembling thick braids
- Skin: Finely-scaled hide, commonly scarlet, gold, rust, ocher, bronze or brown; only rarely the exact same hue as an existing chromatic or metallic dragon (scale color does not give any indication of breath weapon type)
- Build: Tall and sturdy
- Features: Generally, humanoid dragons without a tail. Feet have three clawed toes, and hands have a clawed thumb and three clawed fingers. Facial features include a blunt snout, strong brow, and scaled frills at the cheek and ear. The fineness of their scales ends up giving their skin a leathery texture, with larger scales on their shoulders, forearms, thighs, lower legs and feet.
- Aging: Dragonborn live about as long as humans. Dragonborn children walk only hours after hatching, reach the equivalent size and development of a 10-year old human child by age 3, and reach adulthood by age 15.
Dragonborn consider honor as their paramount concern. Enemies should be treated respectfully and courteously, and while caution is tactically sound, fear and cowardice are morally abhorrent. Oathbreaking is a dragonborn’s greatest offense, and honesty is far more common than deception. In the end, the only one a dragonborn can count on to take responsibility for their actions and consequences are themselves, and they’d have it no other way.
Dragonborn strive for excellence, constantly seeking to improve themselves and their skills. Rather than give up on something at which they have failed, a dragonborn will go to extreme lengths to accomplish what they set themselves to, and many dragonborn consider their life’s goal to completely master a skill.
- Views on Other Races: Dragonborn do not commonly stereotype by race, and those of any race who have a commitment to excellence and honor are generally well-regarded by dragonborn. This can cause others to believe them arrogant; while dragonborn are proud of their race and history, they also admire other races’ accomplishments. Finally, while the tiefling empire of Bael Turath was the dragonborn empire of Arkhosia’s enemy during the war that ended both nations’ existence, dragonborn admire tiefling strength and tenacity, both as friends and enemies.
- Views on Religion: Dragonborn most commonly look to Bahamut first, considering the honorable dragon god their most appropriate patron. Some dragonborn may also find common cause with the faiths of Pelor, Erathis and Moradin.
- Reasons for Adventuring: Dragonborn want to prove their skill, possibly gain fame and renown, and pass on those skills to future generations through example. This attitude makes them ideally-suited as adventurers.
Dragonborn Characteristics: Driven, honor-bound, noble, perfectionist, proud, reliable, reserved, rooted in ancient history
Male Names: Arjhan, Balasar, Bharhash, Donaar, Ghesh, Heskan, Kriv, Medrash, Nadarr, Patrin, Rhogar, Shamash, Shedinn, Torinn.
Female Names: Akra, Biri, Daar, Harann, Kava, Korinn, Mishann, Nala, Perra, Raiann, Sora, Surina, Thava.
(Back to PC Races)