Morph vs Ego
Character Generation distinguishes between the character’s innate knowledge and skills (Ego) and the abilities of the Morph your character is sleeved in. Both can also have positive and negative traits.
- Biomorphs Biomorphs are fully biological sleeves (usually equipped with implants), birthed naturally or in an exowomb, and grown to adulthood either naturally or at a slightly accelerated rate or at a slightly accelerated rate.
- Flats Flats are baseline unmodified humans, born with all of the natural defects, hereditary diseases, and other genetic mutations that evolution so lovingly applies. Flats are increasingly rare—most died off with the rest of humanity during the Fall. Most new children are splicers—screened and genefixed at the least—except in habitats where flats are treated as second-class citizens and indentured labor.
- Splicers Splicers are gene fixed humans. Their genome has been cleansed of hereditary diseases and optimized for looks and health, but has not otherwise been substantially upgraded. Splicers make up the majority of transhumanity.
- Exalts Exalt morphs are genetically-enhanced humans, designed to emphasize specific traits. Their genetic code has been tweaked to make them healthier, smarter, and more attractive. Their metabolism is modified to predispose them towards staying fit and athletic for the duration of an extended lifespan.
- Mentons Mentons are genetically modified to increase cognitive abilities, particularly learning ability, creativity, attentiveness, and memory. Rumors exist of superenhanced mentons with more extreme intelligence mods, but brain-hacking is notoriously difficult, and many attempts to redesign mental faculties result in impaired functioning, instability, or insanity.
- Olympians Olympians are human upgrades with improved athletic capabilities like endurance, eye-hand coordination, and cardio-vascular functions. Olympians are common among athletes, dancers, freerunners, and soldiers.
- Sylphs Sylph morphs are tailor-made for media icons, elite socialites, XP stars, models, and narcissists. Sylph gene sequences are speci cally designed for distinctive good looks. Ethereal and el n features are common, with slim and lithe bodies. Their metabolism has also been sanitized to eliminate unpleasant bodily odors and their pheromones adjusted for universal appeal.
- Bouncers Bouncers are humans genetically adapted for zero-G and microgravity environments. Their legs are more limber, and their feet can grasp as well as their hands.
- Furies Furies are combat morphs. These transgenic human upgrades feature genetics tailored for endurance, strength, and reflexes, as well as behavioral modifications for aggressiveness and cunning. To offset tendencies for unruliness and macho behavior patterns, furies feature gene sequences promoting pack mentalities and cooperation, and they tend to be biologically female.
- Futuras An exalt variant, futura morphs were specially crafted for the “Lost generation.” Tailor-made for accelerated growth and adjusted for confidence, self-reliance, and adaptability, futuras were intended to help transhumanity regain its foothold. These programs proved disastrous and the line was discontinued, but some models remain, viewed by some with distaste and others as collectibles or exotic oddities.
- Ghosts Ghosts are partially designed for combat applications, but their primary focus is stealth and infiltration. Their genetic profile encourages speed, agility, and reflexes, and their minds are modified for patience and problem-solving.
- Hibernoids Hibernoids are transgenic-modified humans with heavily-altered sleep patterns and metabolic processes. Hibernoids have a decreased need for sleep, requiring only 1-2 hours a day on average. They also have the ability to trigger a form of voluntary hibernation, effectively stopping their metabolism and need for oxygen. Hibernoids make excellent long-duration space travelers and habtechs, but these morphs are also favored by personal aides and hypercapitalists with non-stop lifestyles.
- Neotenics Neotenics are transhumans modified to retain a childlike form. They are smaller, more agile, inquisitive, and less resource-depleting, making them ideal for habitat living and spacecraft. Some people find neotenic sleeves distasteful, especially when employed in certain media and sex work capacities.
- Remade The remade are completely redesigned humans:humans 2.0. Their cardiovascular systems are stronger, the digestive tract has been sanitized and restructured to eliminate aws, and they have otherwise been optimized for good health, smarts, and longevity with numerous transgenic mods. The remade are popular with the ultimates faction. The remade look close to human, but are different in very noticeable and sometimes eerie ways: taller, lack of hair, slightly larger craniums, wider eyes, smaller noses, smaller teeth, and elongated digits.
- Rusters Adapted for survival with minimum gear in the notyet- terraformed Martian environment, these transgenic morphs feature insulated skin for more effective thermoregulation and respiratory system improvements to require less oxygen and filter carbon dioxyde, among other mods.
- Neo-Avians Neo-avians include ravens, crows, and gray parrots uplifted to human-level intelligence. Their physical sizes are much larger than their non-uplifted cousins (to the size of a human child), with larger heads for their increased brain size. Numerous transgenic modi cations have been made to their wings, allowing them to retain limited flight capabilities at 1 g, but giving them a more bat-like physiology so they can bend and fold better, and adding primitive digits for basic tool manipulation. Their toes are also more articulated and now accompanied with an opposable thumb. Neo-avians have adapted well to microgravity environments, and are favored for their small size and reduced resource use.
- Neo-Hominids Neo-hominids are uplifted chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans. All feature enhanced intelligence and bipedal frames.
- Octomorphs These uplifted octopi sleeves have proven quite useful in zero-gravity environments. They retain eight arms, their chameleon ability to change skin color, ink sacs, and a sharp beak. They also have increased cranial capacity and longevity, can breathe both air and water, and lack a skeletal structure so they can squeeze through tight spaces. Octomorphs typically crawl along in zerogravity using their arm suckers and expelling air for propulsion and can even walk on two of their arms in low gravity. Their eyes have been enhanced with color vision, provide a 360-degree eld of vision, and they rotationally adjust to keep the slit-shaped pupil aligned with “up.” A transgenic vocal system allows them to speak.