- Court in two nights.
- Go to Shooters (a local sports bar/pool hall) to meet Reggie.
- Reggie’s nervous. Afraid for his life. Nobody else seems interested in their conversation, however. He asks to talk outside (after Neal Quells him).
- Reggie tries to say he was paid to look the other way by people that said they were Coffer’s “church group.”
- Reggie is really working with the Society of Leopold. Only 3-4 that he knows of. Reggie pees himself a little at how intimidating Neal is.
- Neal tells him to call the Society of Leopold and tell them that he’s out. Set up a meeting in Lincoln Park in two hours from now, but Reggie can skip town now. Coterie agrees to help.
- Seanan gets a message from Primogen: Finger from salt statue broken off in museum break-in a week ago.
- Stake out the park. A few close calls, but they ultimately arrange the contact with “Reggie” (really Jay in disguise). Two men: one with ball cap, one bald (with True Faith).
- “Reggie” gives them a package of people asking about Coffer. Written to implicate Fadil and the Setites.
- “Georgy” (George Stantos) with ballcap. One of the hunters with Dane.
- Michael — bald, simple, but has some faith.
- Georgy shows “Reggie” the finger of the statue, claiming that it gave them visions.
- The hunters leave.
- Neal summons pigeons, but they try to eat Neal.
- Despite the pigeons, Neal follows them to a house just north of St. Francis Convent.
May 13, 2013 14:49
April 22, 2013 13:34
- Joey investigating police problems on his end.
- MaxXx and Jay talk about Dane and look into Setites instead.
- MaxXx tries to break into the III website.
- Encrypted email messages on the server. Archbishop Moran tells Fadil (Serpent of the Light) to infiltrate Cleveland. She calls Spider, and tells him. Then she calls Joey.
- Joey is concerned that the Media might also be infiltrated. She asks Henry. They go to Rapture.
- At Rapture, they run into Arthur. He says that he will have Shannon apologize at the next gathering. In exchange, he asks Henry to make sure Gangrel is not a diablorist for Lady Davis.
- Ask if Arthur has had any problem with his Media contacts. His contact in the Plain Dealer was killed last night (in the same warehouse event).
- Spider deputizes MaxXx and the coterie to look into this.
- Jay asks around with his junkie contacts. Hears stories of inhuman vampires feeding off the local homeless. Spider helps.
- MaxXx tries to find the physical computer that the “Setite” website was on. It is located in Parma Heights. MaxXx tells Spider.
- MaxXx tries to brute-force the email address for Archbishop Moran. Tries to attack swordofcaine.org. Gets as far as the file directory before someone tries to get control of her computer.
March 25, 2013 02:42
- Snapchat back to Neal. He’s back. He’s not alone. Sabbat?
- MaxXx and Jay come in to discuss. They sneak back to the bike and head back to the Warehouse.
- Meet with Spider at Warehouse. They give him the details. Spider wants, and tells them to give him a call.
- Call Melaine. Tell her to be ready.
- They make plans to keep tabs on the warehouse, so they can nab Fadil.
- They set up wireless cameras around the warehouse – four cameras places, streaming to the phone.
- Three car tail, with Jay as the anchor. Security service covers half an hour before and after.
- Next evening, Setite/Sabbat warehouse is on fire. MaxXx calls the fire department.
- 911 system has been down for the past hour, but they will get trucks there as soon as possible.
- Ten year old van, Ford, license plate is blah blah blah.
- Security company calls back — agents have been killed.
- 911 operator shot.
- Jay investigates the morgue. Finds bullet fragments. Takes a spread of pills. Makes his way out.
- Psychic impressions from the bullet: See Sullivan Dane shoot the security guards. No sense of terror from him.
- Joey calls — Coffer’s badge left on the badge of a 911 operator that was in Joey’s employ. Someone is using Coffer’s files.
- Put a passing student into a drawer.
- Sees “Smith” shoot the 911 operator. Fake cop uniform. Possibly Latino. Jay gets his aura, but not enough to read it. About an hour before the assault on the warehouse.
- They get out of the morgue.
February 25, 2013 20:52
And we’re all just slaves under stricter masters
We’re all slaves under stricter masters
- Bad Religion, “Slaves”
- Henry and Frank, talking about Henry’s sire.
- She’s angry that he doesn’t remember her; he’s mad that she’s trying to kill him.
- Henry asks Frank to look into it.
- Asks if the rest of the coterie should know — Henry agrees.
- Tremere Chantry
- Seanan goes to the chantry to look into Fadil Massri as a blood magician.
- Salt statue that’s come into the possession of the Cleveland Museum of Art. It’s Cathaginian.
- The Archbishop of Cleveland (not a Kindred pawn) is antsy, and claims that Sullivan Dane is continuing to poke his nose into local business. How is he getting his information?
- MaxXx freaks out on a customer, and Jay sneaks out to score drug-laden blood.
- Elliotte is warming up to Frank, and tells Frank about MaxXx freaking out on a customer.
- Frank and Henry want to talk to the coterie about his sire.
- “Didn’t that sire stick you in that steamer trunk?”
- Henry will play ignorant, while Frank finds out more. Neal wants to play it straight.
- Frank wants to know what he’s digging up.
- She raised him up to be a stage magician for the better part of a year. It was purely business. He didn’t notice any romantic intents.
- “Are any of you schtupping each other?”
- Seanan talks about what the Tremere Primogen told him.
- Neal is looking into some things with the police and the Setites. Finding a way to force them to present them to the Prince. They don’t have a right to be here.
- Neal notices that MaxXx is low on blood.
- They discuss which way to proceed. Decide to call Fadil to have a meeting.
- Neal discovered that the car was driven to a warehouse in East Cleveland, owned by III.
- Jay tries to Spirit’s Touch the card, but gets no impressions. He gets the Setite’s phone number.
- Invite Fadil to the club, then have someone trail him back once he leaves.
- Do we want to include Melaine? No. But we can talk to her beforehand.
- She comes by when the club closes.
- The Plan: Schedule the meeting with Fadil tomorrow night. MaxXx and Jay head to the warehouse, Henry watches outside.
- MaxXx texts Sullivan Dane. “Why is Archbishop pissed?” He says it’s because he’s mad at what they’re doing.
- Meet with Fadil at 3am at the club. (Club closes at 3:30am.)
- Melaine comes into the office.
- Fadil art dealer for “small fry,” including some of Melaine’s customers. Otherwise, no one’s really heard of him. The company’s so new, not even a month.
- Melaine feels like the whole thing is a fake, but she can’t figure out why.
- She really liked the hunt, BTW.
- MaxXx asks Joey to use the car wash. He gives her shit, but he agrees. She and Jay goes.
MEETING WITH FADIL
- Jay sneaks up to the door. Vague impressions of Kindred, but it fades. Also, no food debris in the trash.
- They watch the car leave. Jay senses a Kindred presence, and also a mental silence that reminds him of when the Nosferatu died (Sabbat attack).
- Henry notices Fadil stalling. He sends the message to the rest of the coterie.
- Fadil starts to pitch. Low-level crap, until he gets to slaves. Suddenly, his pitch changes, and he’s selling to a Ventrue.
- Pictures are taken in South America.
- Frank notices that most of the people are coming from heavily-Sabbat controlled areas.
- Neal pushes the lack of presentation, but then leaves it.
- Awkward pause leaving and entering car.
- Car returns to the warehouse.
- MaxXx and Jay suspect Sabbat. Jay senses an additional presence in the car on the way back.
January 28, 2013 12:45
I’m a person just like you
But I’ve got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
- Minor Threat, “Straight Edge”
- Coterie meets to discuss all of the plans on the table. (Frank isn’t there.) They debate talking to Melaine.
- Neal takes a bet that the talk with Melaine will go badly. MaxXx agrees to teach Celerity if she loses, and Neal agrees to teach Fortitude if he loses.
- They go over the history with Melaine, and give her a call.
- MaxXx has a tense call with her, and they agree to meet at the Art Museum, which is Elysium.
- They discuss the nuances of Elysium and Anarchs.
- Fadil comes in. Jay notices right away that he’s a vampire, and examines his aura. MaxXx calls Code Edward.
- They talk, Fadil offers to sell drugs, MaxXx politely excuses him. Fadil apologizes for the insult.
- They check the security tapes.
- Seanan recognizes the pang of a blood magician. Henry recognizes him from somewhere. Seanan infodumps what he knows about the Setites.
- Blue 2013 Tesla Model S. Quiet, surprisingly tactical decision.
- Neal talks to some pigeons about following the car.
- They meet back up to discuss. MaxXx is upset about the “small, loyal customers” the Setite mentioned at Warehouse.
- Neal has the business card.
- They all to meet with Melaine.
- She’s angry. Neal and MaxXx takes swings at her.
- She breaks down and confesses that she has no one in her corner. The coterie convinces her that she’s too loud and high-strung, and she eventually agrees that she’s willing to come back to the Cam if they’re willing to give her support.
- They go to Rapture to talk to Ivan about sending drug pushers to Jay.
- Neal suggests that Jay text Melaine to tell her to hunt tonight, and she will feel better.
- Ivan is surprised by the assertion that he sent the Setite over, and offers prestation for more information.
- MaxXx, Jay, Seanan. Henry and Neal stay to indulge.
January 14, 2013 13:19
History is laughing at us
Plotting it’s discovery
Blame it on the victory
- “Victory,” Bad Religion
- Frank comes in to help manage the club and works with the coterie to run the logistics while the rest of the Kindred focus on the war. Paying off a boon to Andy Andy.
- Seanan. Goes as a Sabbat adviser and hooks up Frank as fellow immigrants to support each other. “Security consultant.”
V for Victory
- Party at Playhouse Square Center. MaxXx gets word about the theme (“V for Victory”), and tells the coterie — dressing up in the theme would make the Kindred in question look like they’re “in the know.” They discuss how to proceed with the party.
- Everyone is wearing a “slightly 40s” style. Enough to address the theme, but still doing their own thing.
- Frank is making sure that the regulars are being taken care of, and is paying the staff much more than more.
- They all show up at the same time to the party, in a themed car.
- The Kindred are on the stage, with mortals and ghouls off near the wings.
- Spider and Joey say hello. They seem cool.
- They notice that Lady Davis is conflicted, and possibly possessing a mortal. She is charmed by Frank, probably against her better judgment.
- MaxXx takes Jay to see Henri for Jay. He’s reading a book, so they leave him alone. They go talk to Takashi instead and talk bikes.
- Arthur gets a 1-dot Boon from Henry for talking to Shannon.
- Spider mentions to Neal that there are no Nosferatu present.
- Michael Giovanni sitting in the front row. Neal sits near him. Michael feels guilty for the role he played in the Sabbat war.
- MaxXx gauges the temper of the Brujah. They’re frustrated that they don’t have a “proper” Primogen.
- Frank talks to Shannon (7 successes). Reveals herself to be Eleanor, Henry’s sire. They exchange numbers.
- Melaine bursts in and demands that that her Anarch-hood be recognized. The Prince grudgingly does so, but threatens her if she violates the laws or the Traditions. Spider cuts her off and they exchange rapid-fire Spanish.
- Paul Gerard suddenly interjects himself and demands that Frank give Melaine a project.
- Snapchat all of the Brujah clan — a self-destruct text app. Joey, Spider, and Takashi, as well as the coterie.
November 25, 2012 17:42
This is a collection of events that happen between the end of season one and the start of season two. The closest analogy to these kinds of short scenes are the pre-season “webisodes” that some shows have done, so I’m using that analogy here.
If you don’t like the people
or the way that they talk
If you don’t like their manners
or they way that they walk,
Kill, kill, kill for peace
Kill, kill, kill for peace
- Fugs, “Kill for Peace”
The Death of the Nosferatu
One of the first acts by the Sabbat was to kill the remaining, lingering Nosferatu supporters of Lupin within the city. By the time the war was over, no Camarilla Nosferatu remain within Cleveland, and the Toreador-run city doesn’t seem eager to court more Nosferatu anytime soon.
The Fall and Rise of the Clan of Kings
The Sabbat, mistakenly believing that the Ventrue were the most powerful Clan in the city, struck against Lady Julianne Davis and captured her. She was tortured for three nights before a team of Camarilla members (including Andy Andy and Neal) found and rescued her. Rumor is that she still bears some of the scars from the horrible fleshcrafters of the Sabbat to this night.
Andy Andy, horrified by the event, took the opportunity to “expand his business overseas” as soon as the war was over, leaving Cleveland for a time and handing formal ownership of The Warehouse over to Elliotte. As a result of this, Lady Davis called in some of her favors to her Clan to shore up the dwindling Ventrue influence. Further, she has started mentally possessing a collection of stunningly-attractive female ghouls to conduct business for her.
The Birth of the Anarchs
Arthur was another target of the Sabbat, in an attempt to destablize the Toreador of Cleveland. Melaine got wind of the attack and stepped in to protect Arthur, buying him time before the newly-minted Sheriff, Spider Morales, could arrive with his deputies to fight them off. Out of gratitude, Arthur reversed his public dismissal of Melaine’s artistic standards and offered her a significant boon for her bravery.
Melaine immediately cashed it in, demanding that the Toreador Clan support her desire to be considered an Anarch once the war was over. Arthur was furious, but he was good to his word: once hostilities ceased, he announced that no member of Clan Toreador would harm the Anarch known as Melaine as long as she made no move against the Toreador or violated the Traditions.
The Sacrifice of the Brujah
Partially out of loyalty to the Camarilla, and partially to build up his heavily-damaged political clout, Johnathan Francis (Prince Emeritus and Brujah Primogen) offered to lead the front line of troops against the Sabbat. He was killed by a pack of Sabbat while protecting the Prince, ending up as one of the few Camarilla casualties of the war (along with Scourge Emeritus Simone and her ghoul Rosario).
MaxXx was nominated to act as Brujah Primogen, but she punched three of the Brujah who nominated her. As such, Takashi agreed to act as Acting Primogen when Joey Naples couldn’t fill the role as Seneschal.
The Betrayal of the Giovanni
Michael Giovanni was forced into serving the Sabbat during the war, using his necromantic power to bolster the Sabbat’s ranks with zombies. The Prince discovered the betrayal and publically declared Michael in violation of the Promise of 1528, forcing him to owe her several Boons that he is now trying to pay off.
The Absolution of Atrocity
After the war was concluded, Prince Vivian Schreck had a problem on her hands. A few Camarilla Kindred took advantage of the wartime conditions to commit diablerie upon their enemies. Rather than hunt down and deal with each individual who had done so, Prince Schreck offered a blanket amnesty for all Camarilla Kindred who committed diablerie, as long as they pledged support for her Praxis. Her wording made it clear that this absolution did not extend to independent Kindred or any who claimed the title of Anarch. It was a controversial declaration, and there are rumors that some Camarilla Kindred may start dealing with diablerists on their own.
Some of Vivian’s herd have been killed off the past couple of weeks. Some whisper that it’s retribution for her amnesty.
March 12, 2012 16:45
This time you’re really dead
Once followed, but always led
You thought you’d rise above it all
It’s all inside your head
All ripping it up in shreds
I know someday you’re gonna fall
- Offspring, “Rise and Fall”
Lady Davis asks Andy Andy to try and stop the Praxis seizure, but subtly.
Mentions the St. Francis of Assissi fire, and Ventrue’s involvement with it. It’s being used as blackmail against Lady Davis.
Jay touches Gaz’s ashes, and goes comatose.
The coterie talk over tactics before they go to court. At one point, Neal suggests staking MaxXx or Andy Andy in order to lure Lupin into a trap.
They try to call Simone, but the number is disconnected or no longer in service.
Rosario also hasn’t seen her in a couple of days, but will call if he hears anything.
MaxXx calls Joey. He will try to get an audience with the Prince.
She meets them in a sports car in the parking lot of the Cleveland Institute of Music.
They agree to work for the Prince, and she agrees to sanction their actions.
She reveals that she has Simone in her custody, because she led the hunters to the city.
Henry Thurston calls Lupin and tells him that he will deliver Andy Andy to St. Francis of Assassi ruins. After a moment, they agree.
They stage a staking in front of the church. Lupin tries to stake Andy Andy, but they turn on him and stake him instead.
One of the Nosferatu (dressed as a Venetian doctor) tries to speak to Andy Andy, but he makes him forget and believe that Lupin has already left.
Neal diablerizes Lupin.
Lupin is out. Jonathan is out. Joey is Seneschal.
[Everyone in the coterie has a point of Status.]
March 01, 2012 19:50
This was a fucking bomb
For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon
There was a firefight
- “Love Lost In A Hail Of Gunfire,” Bleeding Through
Andy Andy meets with Shannon at the club. He admires her paintings.
“Whenever you want to use DJ Gray, just give me a call.”
Shannon wants Henry to never be in her sight. Andy tries to weasel out of it, but agrees.
Brujah rant is at the Lorain Marina. Flame barrel du jour.
Meet Spider, Takashi.
Joey throwing nuts and bolts at a metal barrel.
Jonathan starts talking about changing Prince, before revealing that he’s supporting Lupin.
Andy Andy convinces the local Brujah that this is a bad idea.
At that point, Gaz comes in with two grunts: Crash and Burn.
A FIGHT HAPPENS. IT IS EPIC.
“We can’t all be Henry Thurston.”
MaxXx scoops up Gaz’s ashes.
February 13, 2012 16:15
I turned away because I thought you were the problem
Tried to forget until I hit the bottom
But when I faced you in my blank confusion
I realized you weren’t wrong, it was a mere illusion
- Daft Punk, “Face to Face”
Andy Andy resets security at his home and calls MaxXx, just after she gets her text.
She texts him back “Where?” but gets no response.
He rushes to the Warehouse, where MaxXx has wrecked the manager’s office.
Elliotte is nervous, and working behind the bar.
Andy Andy tells her that Gaz is hanging around a hospice, and confesses that his sister lives there.
MaxXx confesses that Gaz has defected to the Sabbat.
MaxXx says that she’s cool with Sullivan Dane.
They both decide to blow off some steam and they decide to drive down to the hospice.
Parma is “Venrue-adjacent” area.
Andy Andy mesmerizes the guard and goes to his sister’s room. She’s very lucid, and remembers Sullivan Dane visiting and praying for her soul. Also there was a gang around a few days ago.
Andy Andy and MaxXx compare notes.
Neal hunts and gets some blood. Once he’s full, MaxXx texts him.
Meeting with Shannon Morgan. Andy Andy forgets, and calls Ivan to apologize. They agree to have DJ Gray play for free for the next few weekends.
Neal asks about the hostage. MaxXx says he’s at Elliott’s place. They get Neal up to speed on Gaz.
There is a lot of concern. Neal is upset at how much the hunter is involved in their life, and tries to talk with them out of blindly charging to find Gaz.
MaxXx realizes that Elliotte’s at the club, even though she told her to stay at her apartment with Coffer.
They call Elliotte. She was texted to come into work. Andy Andy tells her to go back to her apartment and check on him.
Meanwhile, MaxXx calls Jay and tells him and Henry to come.
She calls back a few minutes later. Coffer is gone. Andy Andy tells her to get a new apartment and go to the club.
The coterie fight about Coffer’s loss.
Andy Andy will come to pick them up.
Neal and MaxXx fight, and Neal threatens to take her out if she pulls a stunt like that again.
They go to the graveyard to try and confront Gaz.
Gaz has been spraypainting the Sabbat symbol.
They confront him. He pulls out a smoke grenade and throws it at his feet.
He was never there. The grenade never happened.
Ghouls were actually mortals. Very confused. The coterie leaves.
MaxXx gets text: Clan Rant Tomorrow. Be There.
MaxXx calls Joey. They exchange info. Jonathan is making a bid for Praxis.
Andy Andy gets call from Lady Davis.
Joey yells at MaxX to FIND THE HUNTER.
Andy Andy goes to Rapture. The rest of the coterie go to Elliotte’s apartment.
Genevieve Coffer is buried at Riverside Cemetery
They drive the roads to Riverside Cemetery and catch up with him before he enters the cemetery. This is close to the Giovanni’s territory.
Henry tries to use Presence, and he freaks out. Neal bundles him into the car, and then chokes him out.