And we’re all just slaves under stricter masters
We’re all slaves under stricter masters
- Bad Religion, “Slaves”
- Henry and Frank, talking about Henry’s sire.
- She’s angry that he doesn’t remember her; he’s mad that she’s trying to kill him.
- Henry asks Frank to look into it.
- Asks if the rest of the coterie should know — Henry agrees.
- Tremere Chantry
- Seanan goes to the chantry to look into Fadil Massri as a blood magician.
- Salt statue that’s come into the possession of the Cleveland Museum of Art. It’s Cathaginian.
- The Archbishop of Cleveland (not a Kindred pawn) is antsy, and claims that Sullivan Dane is continuing to poke his nose into local business. How is he getting his information?
- MaxXx freaks out on a customer, and Jay sneaks out to score drug-laden blood.
- Elliotte is warming up to Frank, and tells Frank about MaxXx freaking out on a customer.
- Frank and Henry want to talk to the coterie about his sire.
- “Didn’t that sire stick you in that steamer trunk?”
- Henry will play ignorant, while Frank finds out more. Neal wants to play it straight.
- Frank wants to know what he’s digging up.
- She raised him up to be a stage magician for the better part of a year. It was purely business. He didn’t notice any romantic intents.
- “Are any of you schtupping each other?”
- Seanan talks about what the Tremere Primogen told him.
- Neal is looking into some things with the police and the Setites. Finding a way to force them to present them to the Prince. They don’t have a right to be here.
- Neal notices that MaxXx is low on blood.
- They discuss which way to proceed. Decide to call Fadil to have a meeting.
- Neal discovered that the car was driven to a warehouse in East Cleveland, owned by III.
- Jay tries to Spirit’s Touch the card, but gets no impressions. He gets the Setite’s phone number.
- Invite Fadil to the club, then have someone trail him back once he leaves.
- Do we want to include Melaine? No. But we can talk to her beforehand.
- She comes by when the club closes.
- The Plan: Schedule the meeting with Fadil tomorrow night. MaxXx and Jay head to the warehouse, Henry watches outside.
- MaxXx texts Sullivan Dane. “Why is Archbishop pissed?” He says it’s because he’s mad at what they’re doing.
- Meet with Fadil at 3am at the club. (Club closes at 3:30am.)
- Melaine comes into the office.
- Fadil art dealer for “small fry,” including some of Melaine’s customers. Otherwise, no one’s really heard of him. The company’s so new, not even a month.
- Melaine feels like the whole thing is a fake, but she can’t figure out why.
- She really liked the hunt, BTW.
- MaxXx asks Joey to use the car wash. He gives her shit, but he agrees. She and Jay goes.
MEETING WITH FADIL
- Jay sneaks up to the door. Vague impressions of Kindred, but it fades. Also, no food debris in the trash.
- They watch the car leave. Jay senses a Kindred presence, and also a mental silence that reminds him of when the Nosferatu died (Sabbat attack).
- Henry notices Fadil stalling. He sends the message to the rest of the coterie.
- Fadil starts to pitch. Low-level crap, until he gets to slaves. Suddenly, his pitch changes, and he’s selling to a Ventrue.
- Pictures are taken in South America.
- Frank notices that most of the people are coming from heavily-Sabbat controlled areas.
- Neal pushes the lack of presentation, but then leaves it.
- Awkward pause leaving and entering car.
- Car returns to the warehouse.
- MaxXx and Jay suspect Sabbat. Jay senses an additional presence in the car on the way back.