I’m a person just like you
But I’ve got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
- Minor Threat, “Straight Edge”
- Coterie meets to discuss all of the plans on the table. (Frank isn’t there.) They debate talking to Melaine.
- Neal takes a bet that the talk with Melaine will go badly. MaxXx agrees to teach Celerity if she loses, and Neal agrees to teach Fortitude if he loses.
- They go over the history with Melaine, and give her a call.
- MaxXx has a tense call with her, and they agree to meet at the Art Museum, which is Elysium.
- They discuss the nuances of Elysium and Anarchs.
- Fadil comes in. Jay notices right away that he’s a vampire, and examines his aura. MaxXx calls Code Edward.
- They talk, Fadil offers to sell drugs, MaxXx politely excuses him. Fadil apologizes for the insult.
- They check the security tapes.
- Seanan recognizes the pang of a blood magician. Henry recognizes him from somewhere. Seanan infodumps what he knows about the Setites.
- Blue 2013 Tesla Model S. Quiet, surprisingly tactical decision.
- Neal talks to some pigeons about following the car.
- They meet back up to discuss. MaxXx is upset about the “small, loyal customers” the Setite mentioned at Warehouse.
- Neal has the business card.
- They all to meet with Melaine.
- She’s angry. Neal and MaxXx takes swings at her.
- She breaks down and confesses that she has no one in her corner. The coterie convinces her that she’s too loud and high-strung, and she eventually agrees that she’s willing to come back to the Cam if they’re willing to give her support.
- They go to Rapture to talk to Ivan about sending drug pushers to Jay.
- Neal suggests that Jay text Melaine to tell her to hunt tonight, and she will feel better.
- Ivan is surprised by the assertion that he sent the Setite over, and offers prestation for more information.
- MaxXx, Jay, Seanan. Henry and Neal stay to indulge.