Leader: King Boranel ir’Wynarn (in name), Lord Kor ir’Wynarn (effectively)
Headquarters: The King’s Citadel (Wroat)
Members: mostly drawn from the Brelish Military. The Citadel employs members of every common races of Breland. Most are humans, but it boasts many gnomes and half-elves.
- King’s Shields. Charged with protecting the King and the royal family.
- King’s Swords. Elite warriors charged with enforcement of the King’s laws when other agencies prove inadequate.
- King’s Wands. State sponsored mages charged with supporting the other branches of the Citadel.
- King’s Dark Lanterns. Little known outside the agency. Charged with intelligence operations.
- Captain Saj Kalaes. Human. Head of the Dark Lanterns in Sharn.
- Corporal Bronal Tuck. Gnome. Receptionist at the Sharn office.
- Tikulti. Changeling. Agent of the Dark Lanterns. Betrayed the Citadel for a chance at immortality. Currently detained at Dreadhold.
Known bases of operations:
- The Citadel, in Ambassador Towers district, Middle Central Plateau, Sharn.