From the journal of Alexi….
After agreeing to go to the summit to reunite Timothy (The White Robe Mage) with his body, Whupus teleported us to the central plateau where we had first encountered that massive black dragon. Thankfully there was no black dragon there waiting for us but curiously as we cast our eyes at the entrance to the chamber and we see humans and draconicans working at tables that had been just setup below the stairs to the entrance. The draconicans are in black dragon army. We head towards the entrance and as they see us Quinn issues a warning telling them to surrender. Both the humans and the draconians that are outside flee inside the chamber (two of the humans flee to the side).
We take up positions outside the chamber entrance, as we look 3 beings appear. One is a demon warrior (again…) and two of his minions. The leader says something to another being inside (I only catch a bit of it – It’s in Supernatural – Telling him to proceed and he will handle this this. We dispatch the three warriors (I manage to activate the staff for the first time – during the experience my conscience is somehow transported and I appear to interact with a being that seems to exist within the staff. He/She explains that the staff is a creation from the beyond and that eventually I will learn to use the staff if I continue to study it. There are several beings who are able to wield this power. Unfortunately my time was limited and I didn’t get to ask everything that I wished. I did discover that the staff can be used at the temple at Neraka (similar to using it within the summit room) to close the portal to the Dark Queen.
After defeating the three demon warriors we proceed inside and discover that an apprentice of Master Udoorin attempting to using the summit room to open a portal (To the temple at Neraka). We disrupt the spell and capture the apprentice. (As the portal collapses we see a force of dragon army coming through. One of the men in the lead is our cousin and another gentleman dressed in red dragon army clothing holding a mace (Possible Cleric??).
After interviewing the human servants that were left before (A Scribe etc) we make one more interesting discovery. Outside one of the humans that had been trampled by Quinn’s horse, has suddenly turned into a dead image of Quinn’s horse. We quickly discover that the human was infact a draconian (One of the ones that turns into an image of their killer).
Items collected: A Pendant, Shoes, Circle & Telepathic Bracelet from the Draconian/Horse.
Talking to the scribe we discover that the mage was trying to track the location of the staff and he recorded some information that we collected.
As we were preparing for the ceremony to raise Timothy, a large black dragon with a rider appears and lands on the summit. The man identifies himself as Lord Luther Von Drak of the black dragon army (A Solamnic Knight family line!!). He invites (only) Quinn to join the dragon army forces and after Quinn refuses… makes one final request for the staff (which we refuse). He then gets on his dragon and flies away.
Caleb proceeds with the ritual and Timothy is resurrected. He’s very weak so we wait and talk to the ‘servants’ that were left here, and keep the apprentice comatose.
Once we explain the situation to Timothy he agrees that we have to consult with the mages at the Tower of High Sorcery. With a little help from Caleb Timothy teleports us to the Tower. We were escorted to a room where we are asked to wait. Food & Drink is provided.
We are finally escorted to a meeting with the mages. Interestingly there are 5 white mages with Par-Salian, 3 red mages with Justarius and only LaDonna from the black robes is present. We explain all the information that we have gathered (Master Udoorin is not discussed). They do not seem at all surprised or upset by any of the information gathered except for the demon warriors who specialize in hunting mages, they were also interested in the staff and one of the red robes (I found out later who specialized in artefacts) examined it and confirmed its authenticity.
They adjourn the meeting to discuss and tell us we will be resummoned later. When we are summoned to the next meeting I note that there are more mages than before but still short of the full 21 conclave.
Par-Salian tells me that they wish to take the staff from me and keep it here safe at the tower, not being surprised by the request our group had already discussed this. In the end the choice was left to me. I agreed to hand over the staff after I made sure that the traitorous Udoonin had been discussed. Par-Salian did not seem happy but I thought it was important, considering the information found in his journal relating to LaDonna. After hearing of their plans to examine and study the staff and that it would be under the protection of Justarius of the Red Robes, I agree to give up the staff.
Par-Salian says that considering the situation it would be the appropriate time to administer my test.
During the Test:
• I am the head of the white robes; Quinn is High Clerist and his Gold Dragon is fully grown and his ‘companion’.
• Our father is alive and leads the knights of Solamnia. The High Cleric tower is the one of the last remaining bastions free from the dragon army.
• We arrive at the tower and our father is preparing to fight the dragon army that is heading towards us. He asks me to go out and ‘divinate’ the location and how many coloured dragons are coming.
• I have the staff of power and it now called the Staff of Alexi – (superior attitude much!)
• I go and divine that there are only 12 dragons coming…. Seems suspicious considering we only have 20 available.
• We decide to do a pass over the army. We discover that the army is about 10x bigger than what was reported and that there is this magical shrouding around the centre of the army. We are unable to penetrate the shroud.
• We proceed back to the keep to inform the council of the impeding army. Our father is preparing to lead the our minimal force out of the keep….!?!?!?!
• We manage to convince him to abandon the plan considering the overwhelming odds against us. (GM: you both realise this is not like your father at all, your info on him and your experience was he was a superior general who always had a plan B, C and D etc.)
• My father orders me to take one of the drakes and go to the tower of high sorcery (Practically ordering me away). Instead Quinn and I discuss the situation and we discover that in fact it is my IMP!! All grown up with the dragon orb leading the dragon army!!!!
• We decide to go confront him before the army arrives.
• We set out for the army and I manage to penetrate the shroud and the imp is now a fully sized demon. He taunts us.
• We engage him in battle. Quinn & the dragon manage (as well as an attack from my staff) are able to do enough damage to the demon’s right arm and he drops the dragon orb. I manage to grab it and attempt to control it.
• I am successful is controlling it and proceed to summon every dragon in range to attack the demon. Luckily the draconians are affected as well and start turning on the army.
• With all the attacks from the dragons, Quinn & Sally, as well as my staff we manage to finally defeat the demon.
• As the demon dies the test ends and Par-Salian and Timothy come forward and congratulate me on passing the test.
• I am so thrilled to have finally passed my test and timothy asked me to become his apprentice which I readily agreed. Quinn & I spend some time discussing what we should do next.
Important Entry From the Journal of Quinn….
Alexi has finally passed his test. This is a great day indeed and if Mother and Father were alive they would be truly happy for him as well. I am so very proud of my little brother. Will we stay together or grow apart? Our lives are changing all the time but whatever happens, I know I will always have Alexi’s support, and he will have mine. Will we need may go our separate ways in the future but we are both ready as the last few months have made us grow in to the sons our parents knew we would become. (GM: very true, you both feel you have done your parents and each other proud)