- On the trail of the whispering way, the group embarks on a journey through the Shudderwood on an old hunting trail.
- The party encounters and murders a group of Ettercaps.
- Not long after, all members but Morrigan hear the melody of a harp and are compelled to enter a decrepit watchtower.
- Inside the watchtower, Santos mercilessly destroys a Weaverworm.
- Inside the tower, the mutilated bodies of various animals, and 2 humans are discovered.
- On the body of one human, a note is found declaring an Ascanor Lodge reservation for one Echtmoor Dravin.
- Further along the trail, the corpse of a naked man is found tied to a tree. His mouth is stuffed with wolfsbane and a large silver hunting knife is embedded deep in his heart.
- As evening falls, the group arrives at Ascanor Lodge only to be turned away by the halfling porter, Belik of Courtaud.
- Shortly after, two men, Duristan Ariesir and Delgros Kroitzcer, are seen leaving the gated hunting lodge.
- Duristan calls to the party, inviting them to come along to track a werewolf and, in exchange, offers to take care of their room and boarding at the lodge.
- They find the flayed carcass of a buck and, nearby, encounter a pack of dire boars.
- Duristan suggests they camp for the night to see if the werewolf comes back for the buck. Delgros, calling it a fool’s errand, leaves them and returns to Ascanor.
- After drinking some fine brandy offered by Duristan, the party encounters a werewolf who has killed 2 of Duristan’s hirelings.
- The werewolf speaks to the party: “Your false explanations are meaningless. Go tell whoever sent you to stay out of wolf affairs! Let him know that his dealings with Mathus Mordrinacht and the Silverhide pack do not sit well with the other tribes of this wood. There shall be much blood spilled between our kin before a Silverhide packlord sits upon Highthrone. Mathus the betrayer shall never claim the title, and should you and yours continue to support him, the wrath of the wolf packs shall fall upon him! Now leave our territory and return to your cozy wooden den, or share the fate of these poor little sheep!”
- The party easily deals with the dire werewolf and scare off it’s partner who was hiding nearby in the woods.
- Upon returning to the lodge, the porter apologizes profusely for not recognizing their reservation and lets them in. He asks that they meet with lodge master, Estovian Lozarov.
- Estovian greets the party and encourages them to use the various libraries for whatever the “member of the Order” need.
October 29, 2012 03:16
Please login to comment.