THE MATERIAL PLANE
ABEIR-TORIL—Planet of the Forgotten Realms, starting point for most of our heroes
- Waterdeep – City of Splendors, Sheen’s starting point.
- Kajmalari’s Exotics – former front for an elan enclave.
- Undermountain – vast dungeon complex beneath Waterdeep.
- Skullport – Iniquitous settlement beneath Waterdeep, on Undermountain’s third level.
- Murkstones – dwarven settlement found on Undermountain’s fifth level, Sheen’s former home.
- High Forest – Talan’s former home.
- Silverymoon – Former home to Joris and Kalenthor Naïlo.
- Tantras – Lissandra’s former home.
- Red Larch – Village of 600 souls, 60 miles northeast of Waterdeep, home to the Blackbutter Inn (Dhelosk Quelbeard, proprietor).
- Morard’s home – Built under a mound, site of a magical diagram which is a one-way conduit to Avernus.
- The Evermoors – rolling hills broken by tors and rocky outcroppings; once overrun by trolls, now invaded by frost giants.
- Erelhei-Cinlu – Drow city beneath the Hellfurnaces, ruled by House Tormtor
- Furyondy – Tylaric Stormwing’s former home
THE TRANSITIVE PLANES
THE ASTRAL PLANE – The “silver void” connects the Prime Material Plane to the Outer Planes.
THE ETHEREAL PLANE – The “waveless sea” connects the Prime Material Plane to the Inner Planes.
THE PLANE OF SHADOW – This dark reflection of the Prime is said to link to alternate Primes – and to different cosmologies altogether.
THE INNER PLANES
THE CITADEL OF FIRE – Built by the efreeti, then home to the Illuminated; now lost to the Plane of Fire once more.
THE OUTER PLANES
SIGIL, The Cage, The City of Doors – the planar metropolis.
Key numbers refer to this map.THE HIVE WARD
- The Blood Pit (H30) – The most famous fighting arena in Sigil. Felgar runs its bar.
- The Butcher’s Block (H22) – Greasy alehouse & inn frequented by thieves and cutthroats. Owned by Trunfeld Three-Teeth.
- The Gatehouse (H13) – Sigil’s asylum, operated by the Bleak Cabal.
- The Gatehouse Night Market (H16) – A raucous, tawdry market outside the Gatehouse, just a few blocks inside the Ward. If there’s something you can’t find in the Great Bazaar, you can try here…
- The Hive (H0) – The Hive neighborhood is home to the Xaositects in Sigil.
- The Mortuary (H12) – Where Sigil’s dead are taken to be cremated or interred. Operated by the Dustmen.
- The Black Sail (L10) – Alehouse & inn built inside the wreck of a ship, at the end of a dark alley in the shadow of the Armory. This popular Doomguard hangout is owned by Zaren; Salja Slitterknife is one of its barmaids.
- The Gate of the Clueless – portal leading to several Prime Material Planes, depending on the key one carries; found in an alley behind the Tenth Pit.
- The Great Foundry (L14) – Headquarters for the Godsmen.
- The Green Mill (L46) – elven refuge in the heart of the Lower Ward.
- The Hands of Time (L27) – Like a slice of Mechanus in the Cage, this shop sells all manner of constructs and clockwork devices. Its guildmaster is Dr. Pranav Rhasmanayet; Sheen and Yolette reside here.
- The Hooded Lantern (L20) – An alehouse favored by sharpers and knights of the post.
- The House on Smith Street – townhouse in the Swordhold district, on the other side of Smith Street from the Black Sail, belonging to Lord Cerellis, then Haden. Talan, Mal, and Hexla also reside here.
- The Parted Veil (L25) – bookshop run by Kesto Brighteyes, visited by Mal while researching the Eye
- The Shattered Temple (L38) – Headquarters for the Athar.
- The Society of the Luminiferous Aether (L8) – gentleman’s club for wizards; Mal and Mantragor are among its members, door guarded by Gamnesto the Vile.
- The Tenth Pit (L40) – alehouse favored by baatezu and their associates.
- Vander’s – seedy alehouse on Anvil’s Square in Little Bytopia; home to Jazra, frequented by her friend Lissandra.
- Chirper’s (M23) – A pleasant and surprisingly inexpensive inn, near the Great Bazaar. Its front door is minded by the bariaur Sigrund; Marlow is one of their waiters.
- The Great Bazaar – Center of Sigil’s commerce. Operated by the Free League.
- Tivvum’s Antiquities (M21) – Shop selling portal keys and other magic trinkets, run by Alluvius Ruskin.
- The Armory (♀44) – Doomguard headquarters.
- The City Barracks (♀16) – Harmonium headquarters.
- The City Court (♀11) – Guvner headquarters.
- The Circle – Small shrine devoted to Wee Jas, Mystra, and Corellon Larethian; located in Transformant’s Square in the Temple District. Numeledes and Joris Crownsilver reside here.
- Honorgard – Lord Cerellis’s estate; located just off Aasimon Walk in the Noble District.
- The Library of the Lady – visited by Mal while researching the Eye.
- The Palace of the Jester (♀13) – Ancient, vast and empty home to Jeremo the Natterer, the self-styled Jester to the Lady of Pain. Site of his annual Masque.
- The Prison (♀26) – Mercykiller headquarters.
- The Temple of the Abyss (♀50) – dedicated to all Abyssal Lords.
- The Twelve Factols (♀17) – Alehouse and restaurant just off Dossy Street, popular with dwarves and Ysgardians, one of the best-known entrances to UnderSigil.
- Civic Festhall (C25) – Sensate headquarters
- Hall of Records (C35) – headquarters of the Fraternity of Order, formerly Bigby’s College of Academic Arts
- The Hall of Speakers (C4) – headquarters of the Sign of One
- Trina’s – scribing supply shop, across the street from the Power of the One statue (C5)
- The Glass Pearl – defunct bathhouse, Illuminated safehouse
- The Great Gymnasium (G11) – headquarters of the Transcendent Order
- Dwarven catacomb – ceremonial burial site under the Twelve Factols.
- Umber hulk tunnels – carved out by invaders several years ago.
- Ombos – abandoned burial complex built by followers of the Pharaonic pantheon; includes a mummy preparation chamber once used as an Anarchist staging area
THE INFINITE LAYERS OF THE ABYSSTHE DEMONWEB PITS pits – 66th layer, home to Lolth
- The Crystal Tower of the Yochlols – interrogation center for the Spider Queen’s enemies
THE OLYMPIAN GLADES OF ARBOREAARVANDOR – First layer, home of the Olympian pantheon and the Seldarine
- Grandfather Oak – the largest tree in Arvandor
THE NINE HELLS OF BAATORAVERNUS—First of the Nine Hells
- The Pillar of Skulls – Eternal damnation for the deceitful, provides knowledge for a price.
- The Bronze Citadel – Bel’s fortress, on the Great Avernus Road; glimpsed, but not visited.
- Portal to Sigil – Guarded by Ar’kle-mens, opened with a brick from the Great Avernus Road.
DIS—Second of the Nine Hells, dominated by the Iron City of Dis
- Disigil—The devils’ secret copy of Sigil, destroyed by our heroes
THE WILDERNESS OF THE BEASTLANDS
(called the Happy Hunting Grounds by some Clueless sods)
- “The Forbidden Plateau:http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/cold-blood/wiki/campaign-web/forbiddenplateau” – Dominated by dinosaur petitioners and their lizardfolk worshipers.
THE GRAY WASTE OF HADES
OINOS – First layer
THE CONCORDANT DOMAIN OF THE OUTLANDSPLAGUE-MORT – gate-town to the Abyss
- Rothwell’s – butcher shop and Anarchist safe house
- Margram’s home
- The Bell and Whistle Tavern – Illuminated headquarters
- The Arch-Lector’s Palace