Much of what happened was character specific. The general summary would be though…
- Solzak is seen back in Tyr spotted by veil informants talking to a templar they believe was abdiel
- Slavers and mercenaries are being sought to travel to tyr and ‘help’ with the escaped slaves
- The first slaver to have entered tyr is a dray warlock/battlemind called Horlax the blight. A known terror of villages in the Tyr valley due not only to himself but the blind female mul-slave assassins that are his companions and assistants
- Assassins are being hired by Templars to track down and kill the leaders of the free
Jekall and Solzak are still separate from the rest of the group above ground whilst everyone else rests in Under-Tyr
- Frost and Naraaku initially investigate the Tree of Life, Naraaku is not allowed close by Durwalda (mainly because he is a filthy Elf). Frost and later Forlan report the strange power of the tree as if by touching it the individual is flooded, and nearly overloaded with energy.
- Frost discovers a little more about his past and that he now searches for an Eladrin wanderer who sought to harness the power of an ancient spirit but now was forced to flee so his whereabouts are unknown. He also discovered that his father, a druid named Roland, may not be dead either
- Athrialix is summoned by Forlan to discover more about the cavern where the free now live and the tree. As he divines with Forlan he activates an ancient ‘memory’ which is shared by the others who are sleeping. The shadows of soldiers dressed in ancient armour that seems to glisten like metal walk through the cavern and approach the tree, they then bend down to where it now stands as if praying or placing something on the ground. Above their heads from the cavern entrance a creature flies over the tree, seemingly pouring some kind of liquid upon it. The creature looked like a man with the head of an eagle, a huge pair of leathery wings, and the lower body of a coiled serpent. Eben, Frost and Athrialix recalled seeing an image of this creature on the windows of the ancient shrine 2 days ago in Under-Tyr as they had fled the templars from the cellar of the drunken giant. * The image then fades and changes to the same soldiers crowded around a full grown tree. * From the cavern entrance come another group of soldiers, including undead! They are led by a withered knight in grand robes wearing a crown. The knights are slain as if insects and the evil knight (whom they all believe must be Kalak) marches up to the tree and begins defiling when from behind them the creature flies out from the caverns and with a blast of bright energy and storm winds beats Kalak back. The power struggle lasts for several seconds until Kalak is beaten back from the chamber where in another moment the walls to the entrances collapse as if hit by powerful magic
- The vision fades and Eben, Orsk and Frost awake (Frost had been meditating by the tree) and rush to see Athrialix and Forlan finish their divination and sit, exhausted by the effort.
- As they all discuss their shared vision their thoughts turn to the shrine which they had seen a few days ago. What could this creature be? How did a tree grow underground and what is the link between the temple and this place?
- Only one way to find out’ Orsk quips, ’but let us rest first, for there may be more battles ahead
- Besides, now we’re two men down!….