Museum Gas Leak Article
Tragic Gas Leak Damages SFMOMA
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Friday, April 10, 2010
(04-10) 9:05 PDT SAN FRANCISCO— Tragedy struck last night when a ruptured gas main leaked extremely flammable methane gas into the basement of SF MOMA. Several security guards were caught in the blast, and our thoughts and sympathies go out to their families at the dark time. Museum Director Art Cargile commented, “This accident costs more than lives, it costed untold cultural value in several destroyed pieces of art currently under restoration.” The SF Police have pointed towards faulty gas lines most likely ruptured due to minuscule earthquakes. The Mayor’s office has stated that they will provide additional funding to re-evaluate our cities earthquake safety in the wake of this disaster.