It fills two roles in Dallas city life. One, it’s an artsy-fartsy upscale neighborhood with lots of urban professionals (many are second generation yuppies… emphasis on the Y for “young”).
Two, it’s the center for the LGBT community in Dallas (affectionately known by members of the community… much like in other cities… as “The Gayborhood”… no really!).
- Upscale arty fartsy types
- Older established neighborhoods have swanky houses
- Trolly car!
- Yuppies, Hipsters…. Yupsters?
- New construction of high-rises, town homes, condos, duplexes… you name it.
- Fiber optics, wifi, Apple products, and expensive coffee!
- It’s a beautiful day in the Gayborhood!
- Beginning around the intersection of Cedar Springs Road and Throckmorton Street (called “The Strip” or “The Crossroads”), Oak Lawn boasts more LGBT bars, clubs, and businesses than just about any number of neighborhoods in the Metroplex combined.
Theme or Threat
ASPECT: WHEN RICH HIPSTER YUPPIES ATTACK, FILM AT 11