|002||“Illumination”||January 25th, 2013|
|The Minister of Illumination, Montgomery Shaw, lives as a slum lord over the unflooded portions of the Rudshore waterfront. Being six-months out of touch with the city has left the Lieutenants at a disadvantage, and the Ministry of Illumination provides an almost perfect target for getting reacquainted with Dunwall.( See More)|
- Shaw owns a private yacht, retrofitted into a micro-warship.
- Shaw takes irregular trips back to Caulkenny to check in on his criminal interests there.
- Shaw doesn’t trust the City Watch, or the Ministry of Judgement, and actively discourages their patrols.
- There are still City Watch patrols through the Rudshore District, but they are infrequent and light.
- There are two levels of fealty a gang and pay to Shaw in his district.
- Direct Subordinates: These gangs reports directly back to Shaw in exchange for food and elixer.
- Payed Tithes: These gang’s don’t work for Shaw, but they pay him a Tithe to continue operating in his district.
- Shaw was one of the assassin’s that killed the Imperial Family, in fact he was the one who forced the King to shoot his Lieutenant.
- After the barriers broke, Shaw led a crew into the Rudshore Waterfront clearing out the Greaves Whaling House and turning it into his own private mansion.
- There are nine major factions in play around Rudshore, most of which are in Shaw’s pocket.
- Shaw charges various Whaler boats for protection against his own Flotilla, Shaw allows the ships to pay with Whale Oil instead of cash.
- Shaw keeps close tabs on the city districts and who’s in charge, he has a library filled with histories of Dunwall and maps of the city.
The camera fades in on a long table setup down the middle of the Hound Pits Pub. The Lieutenants are seated along the sides and at the head of the table sits a strange man. The camera pulls in closer to the man and underneath his face words appear: “Angelo Vaughn – Rudshore Resident”
speaks first, "Mr. Vaughn. We have been informed that Montgomery Shaw has been put in charge of the Rudshore Financial District, is this correct?
Vaughn looks slightly confused, “Ifin you mean the Waterfront, aye. It ain’t been the Financial area for months now. Not since the levies broke.”
Griswald Ferrenday scoffs, “I always told them those barriers were weak. We hadn’t sent a crew down there in fourteen years.”
Vaughn nods at that, “Yup. Once the waters poured in the place went to hell. They say the streets were red for days following. Then one day that Shaw feller shows up and starts throwing his weight around. He built new barriers and separated Rudshore into three districts.”
Alexander Worthington chimes in at this point, “We’ve heard that Shaw has a number of local gangs under his thumb. You have any details for us?”
Vaughn nods again, “Oh yeah. There are dozens of little shits running around down there but only about ten that matter. Up north you have the Society and the Kings, very similar groups but the Kings broke off from the Society when they grew tired of being Shaw’s muscle. Those two control pretty much all of the North side. Central is a little more divided but you’ve only really got to worry about the Hangmen and the RLF (Rudshore Liberation Front). RLF fucking hate Shaw and have been bombing his holdings for the last month or so. The Hangmen are mostly bullies but they tend to get work with gangs from Clavering Boulevard so they have some protection. There is the Graveyard Doctors who are pacifists that’ll patch your wounds for a can of meat. Then there are the Assassins but they just live here and Widowmakers who keep to themselves as long as you stay away from their Bell Tower. Down South the Flotilla controls the waters around Rudshore. They work directly for Shaw and hijack Whalers from time to time. Underneath is all the Unhallowed hide, people say they chain up Weepers and feed their enemies to them.”