1,000 – 500 Years Ago
1,000 years ago – Ryndrik Woodsong is brought before a secret meeting of the Council of Seven in Sud Ilras. He is found guilty of treason for his role in what the Mad Heirophant referred to as “Wagering our sovereignty on the losing side of the most brazen gamble of all.” He is locked away in a hidden section of the Root hundreds of feet underground, where he would remain in silent solitude for over a century.
- 995 years ago – Regult Martok and his party bear witness to the apparent death of Queen Reignyth, Matron of the Amat and Ruler of the Chromatic Dragons. They follow Thoron into Infernia itself in order to avenge the fallen Dragon Queen and also in hopes of freeing Regult’s wife and unborn child of the demonic taint that caused Infernian fiends to be able to track her down no matter where they went.
- 920 years ago – Kasai Martok and her Troll companion, Kesaji Canaga, return from Imperia, having been gone for over 75 years, but only having experienced slightly more than 3 years of life. Regult had apparently been lost to the demon hordes, as had their Blink Dog companion, Caenus Graymane. Kasai settles in the foothills south of the Mount Barago in Shidima, no longer cursed with the taint of demon’s blood, and raised the first three generations of the Martok family in peaceful seclusion.
- 900 years ago – The Wild Elves of Wood Hollow, denizens of the Ilrasi Wilds, discover that Ryndrik Woodsong was still alive and imprisoned in a deep cell within the Root, prompting a widespread call for revolt against the citified elves of Sud Ilras and their leaders, the Council of Seven.
- 898 years ago – Freed from imprisonment by the Elves and Fae-folk of the Ilrasi Wilds, Ryndrik Woodsong accepts the honor of becoming the King of Wood Hollow and the Sovereign Protector of the Ilrasi Wilds. Under his leadership, thousands of Ilrasi Elves fled the city to join his cause and reclaim their ancient birthright of a nomadic life among the Fae-folk.
- 802 years ago – The Shidiman Civil War begins with the death of Empress Hirai. Her twin sons, Prince Kouga and Prince Kouten, raise armies to support their claims to the vacant throne, throwing the nation into a war that would last over a century, long after both men died of old age, the war perpetuated by their own families.
- 696 years ago – A Hellryft opens in the Bay of Taiga after Zukai Kouga makes a pact with the Oni, Bazdrul, to attain the leverage he would need to defeat the Kouten Clan once and for all. Spurred by his familial hatred of demons, Darogan Martok rallies the countryfolk of Shidima in supporting Yasirai Kouten’s pursuit of the Vacant Crown. Darogan Martok died in battle with the Oni, Bazdrul, but not before word of his courage and sacrifice reached the farthest corners of the Shidiman Empire. Zukai’s own clan turned against him and his Oni benefactors. The 108 year old Shidiman Civil War ended with the Kouten Clan victorious. A massive statue of Darogan was erected in the Bay of Taiga on the site of the destroyed Hellryft.
- 650 years ago – King Druman of Kordoth suddenly and mysteriously called for the retreat of all dwarves from the surface of Wyrmshadow to their ancestral roots in the subterranean kingdom of Dwaernon. Over the next fifty years, the dwarves cut all trade alliances and lines of communication with the rest of the world, dismantled their cities and settlements on the surface, and carried as much as they could with them in what would later be called the Great Dwarven Migration.
- 640 years ago – In late summer, a touring group of performers and mystics called the Continental Cavalcade was victim to a tragic accident. One of the victims of this accident was 15 year old performer Neraly Kacsvic. Neraly would be chosen as the new vessel for the thoughts, memories, and powers of the Elder God of Death. She adopted the divine pseudonym Nerhul, and she made the adjustment to her new role almost immediately.
- 626 years ago – Mercenaries from the city of Freeport form the Union of Swords, demanding Imperian abdication of Freeport and the expulsion of then-Baroness Ylisah Reglen. The IAF descended on Freeport to quell what was being dubbed the Freeport Uprising.
- 624 years ago – Union of Swords insurgents rallied a force to attack the Imperian Academy of Arms, hoping to slaughter fledgling knights-in-training and other young initiates before they had a chance to contribute to the Imperian efforts to quash the Freeport Uprising. The Acedemy Master of Weapons, Hiram Lochran, was the only fully trained adult in the academy at the time, the majority of the IAF occupied in Freeport and elsewhere. Hiram’s leadership led the Academy students to successfully defend the academy for over a week until help could arrive. Hiram died from injuries sustained in the first day of the attack, but he would be posthumously honored with a knighthood. He would also become the newest iteration of the God of Justice, Hyronius.
- 604 years ago – a hermit woodsman named Ehrahl Buckmere died alone at a ripe old age in his hidden cabin deep in the Anzel Wood. Ehrahl would be selected as the next host of the Elder God of Nature, adopting the divine name Ehlon and, like most hosts of the Elder Gods, adjusting to his divine responsibilities quite quickly.
- 600 years ago – Harald Martok is named the Emerald Knight of Imperia, marking the first and only time the honor would befall a member of the illustrious Martok Clan.