I’m not quite sure what to make of these guys. It’s been a long damn night of working, followed by a long damn night of drinking.
All of it ended rather abruptly when Synapse was hacked, and that damn video came up on the screen. No kid should have to see something like that. We’re likely leaving, tomorrow, to take down whoever did this. This’ll be my first time fighting this Blitzkrieg guy, and, hopefully, the last, though I hear he’s hard to kill. That’s alright. It’s never stopped me, before. I can’t help but wonder how Nightmare will feel when Rot decides to use him for a chewtoy. Just in case, I’m packing along bullets, and putting in the firing pin. It’ll be nice to use a gun, again, properly; It’s been a little while. Who knows what we’ll come up against? This Bioweapon information puts a new spin on everything. Baseline or Nova, this guy’s got to die, if he’d do something like that, just for personal revenge. Understandable cause, but such an impersonal method. I thought Novas were supposed to be smarter than baselines – I guess only time will tell, on that count.
Update: We’re about to leave for West Virginia, chasing a GPS tag Synapse got on Djinn’s phone. Can’t help but feel like they’re waiting for us. We caught them off-guard once before; I doubt we’ll get that chance, again.
- Anthony Saunders is offered a huge promotion within Chase’s fraud department as the corporate fraud department’s Operations Manager. Later he finds his system has been hacked, his access codes changed, and a large number of corporate accounts drained.
- Investigating and tracking the hacker leads him to a Queens address. he gathers the rest of his nova friends, and calls Matthew back from Spain, where he leaves the nova party with great reservations.
- The group is outside an upscale condominium complex registered to a Karen Devonshire. Anthony tries to learn more about the names attached to the condo, and finds the name Harold Krieger. trying to research that name gets Krieger’s attention. His system is hacked again, and within seconds there is the sound of a sonic boom as Matthew finds himself hit in the face and on the ground, unconscious and nearly dead.
*Blitzkrieg and Djinn have made their appearance, and parley ensues. When that goes south, battle commences. Blitzkrieg whittles away at Casatina, who in turn throws a car at him, believing him and Djinn slain.
Characters are introduced to the game and to each other.
• The characters are all in attendance at the front row of a stage illusionist called AwesomAndias, and are afterwards invited to the after-party, where they meet him in person, along with Andre Corbin, Slider, and Skew.
• Anywhere from five minutes to 3 hours after the party, each character goes through their eruption and becomes a Nova.
• The characters are each brought to the Manhattan Rashoud Facility, where they are offered drugs to stymie their headaches and manage their new powers, and are offered training in how to use them for the long-term.
• They characters learn that AwesomAndias knew they were all destined to erupt, and that they needed to be brought together so that they could work to stop a series of troubles in the future that he had predicted with his revealed power to see the future.
• Near the end of their two months of training, the characters hear of a disaster in the city involving a collapsed sewer entrance right by a gas pipe. After intervening and rescuing all involved, on their way home some of the players get their first glimpse of who they think might be the culprit, a bald man in a pea-coat with orange eyes and shark’s teeth.