Atlas – The Tyr Region
At a Glance
- Nibenay is ruled by the enigmatic sorcerer-king of the same name, also called the Shadow King.
- The city is ancient, and decadent to the core. A relatively powerless but mind-bogglingly wealthy noble caste controls all of the city’s water, and most of the land outside of its walls. Burdened greatly by their wealth, most nobles are given to arrogance, self-indulgence, and indolence.
- Common exports include timber, stone, spices, nuts, and various beans. Visitors to Nibenay, however, can find that the extravagant city offers them everything they could want- and many things they may not.
- Nibenay is surrounded by natural geothermal features and palm groves, which form the Plain of Smoking Waters.
- Wealth inequality runs rampant in Nibenay, which rests, shrouded in mist, in the fertile plains just beneath the Crescent Forest. All of Sorcerer-King Nibenay’s Templars are female, and are referred to as his wives. A secretive and retiring empire, Nibenay may be compared to Angkor, capital of the Khmer Empire.