The Market District of Lis is the most vibrant area within the city. All description of wares from within the city and outside the city are sold here. The residents have the advantage of permanent shops, while the outside sellers market their products underneath a tent. The Market District tends to be noisy and smells of people, food and waste intermingle freely here.
The Market District is also known as the “Keystone of Lis” or the “Keystone District”, as most of the other districts adjoin it. As with most cities and towns, Lis has an extensive public support system, as well as businesses that are an institution in the city.
These places are:
1) Leopole’s Retreat Stay: This is one the first places that travelers experience when first coming to Lis. It is considered to be one of the best places to go in and pick up rumors inside and outside Lis. It entertains a large audience of the City Wall Guard, as well as the Gate Guard, two of the most informed organizations in Lis. The quality of the stay is better than most, but its always crowded, and rooms come at a premium price. There are a larger than usual population of beggars here.
2) Argrov the Moneychanger: Argrov is considered the most secure moneychangers in the area, and although his services are the most expensive in the city, his reputation for keeping money secure is legendary. Many would be thieves have found themselves hanging over the city walls dues to Argrov’s “aggressive” tactics in retrieving lost goods.
3) Vanishing Wuld Rest: This popular place is known for antics that happen within its walls. The last major incident was with a vanishing Wuld some say was associated with the Khzar’s First Royal Company. This has added to this place’s reputation. Like Leopole’s Retreat, the Vanishing Wuld has a higher than normal population of beggars.
4) Blacksmith of Koreggi the Grum: Koreggi is one of the three blacksmiths of renown in the city, and is the only one that makes armor for the royal and noble families. He is the only one skilled enough to make master crafted weapons and armor. His prices are astronomical and his queue is always full, but for the right price, he is known to bump up his queue for deserving clients.
5) Full Bosoms – Ladies for Hire: Full Bosums is the largest bordello in the city, and the best place to pick up information about the political and religious happenings in Lis and the Khzardom. It is also known for its very low crime rate – thieves stay away from the place. The prices are high, much like every other institution in Lis, but it has a treasure trove of information.
6) Ludris of the Golden Swords: This is the second largest ludris (guild hall) of the Golden Swords, a mercenary and sword-for-hire organization. They also have a fighting pit for combats and betting that is open to the public. This is done twice a month, and usually draws a full audience. The entrance fee is 1 Lyria, and the minimum bet is 3 Lyria. The maximum bet is 3 Danai. Fortunes can be made or lost here, and you’ll definitely be able to hire a skilled sword arm.
7) The City Guards Headquarters, Barracks and Armory:
8) The House of Korbal Solec: Korbal Solec is one of the most learned and wealthest men in the Khzardom. He is called on for particularly sticky problems that deal with the Khzardom and Khzar himself. Once a highly placed scholar and now a successful merchant, Solec tries to avoid matters of state. Known for his charity and ruthless pursuit of justice.
9) The Shop of Splendid Majicks: This shop was set up to service the city’s small community of sages and wizards, providing them all materials to cast or write spells, as well as store them. Longus Grelec owns the establishment, and was at one time one of the leading scholars in the Tower of the Sages.
10) Caravaner’s Sanctuary Stay: