PCs are members of the City Watch in the city of Viridumar, capital of the empire of Viridstan. The campaign began in the autumn of the year 4433 BCCC, the 149th year of Emperor Hautulin Seheitt’s reign.
- Religion in Viridumar
- Government of Viridumar
- Laws of Viridumar
- Justice System of Viridumar
- Wealth and Money
- Recent Events
Districts of Viridumar
- The Shambles – the dangerous slums of the city
- Old Town – the oldest part of the city, now home to brothels and drug dens
- Market District
- Clifftop – home to wealthy merchants and traders, lately dwarvish immigrants as well
- Waterfront District – docks, warehouses, and cheap taverns
- Venture Street – the financial and bureaucratic center of the city
- Normaltown – home to students, sages, alchemists, and bards
- Military District
- Seaside – the noble quarter
- And beneath the city, the mazelike sewers
Outside the City
- Lytton, a small mining village north of Viridumar
- The Imperial Province of Effernath, north of Viridumar and overseen by Shah Orcuz from his castle of Caer Cadwen
- Elsenwood, the elvish nation bordering Effernath Province, on the empire’s northern boundary
- The Eleph territories, which pay tribute to Viridstan.
- The dwarvish mountains forming the empire’s western boundary.
- The vast deserts to the southwest, wherein lie the “Holy Cities” of Mycretianism
- In the oceans to the south and east, Gheulost Island, source of Carbelium ore for the Imperial Army
Rules Information and Game Mechanics
Helpful Links, References, and Campaign Inspiration
- d20 System Reference Document (or an alternate version)
- E6: The Game Inside D&D on EN World.
- E6: The Game Inside D&D on RPG Net.
- D&D: Calibrating your Expectations – essay arguing for the remarkableness of 6th-level characters.
- Population Demographics, or, Making Communities Make Sense – essay arguing that that, by the game mechanics, most non-adventuring NPCs would never advance beyond 3rd level.