In updating this and other Scarred Lands specific sub-races from 3.5 to Pathfinder, what I’m doing is simply making a different set of racial traits stand, drawn from the the optional list. While this will result in some changes, it should increase balance considerably.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
- Size: Charduni are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Charduni are humanoids with the dwarf subtype.
- Base Speed: (Slow and Steady) Charduni have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Languages: Charduni begin play speaking Common (Ledean or Termanan and Dwarven). Charduni with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Deep Warrior: Charduni grow up facing the abominations that live deep beneath the surface. They receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration type and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks made to grapple such creatures (or to continue a grapple).
- Hardy: Charduni gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Relentless: Charduni are skilled at pushing their way through a battlefield, tossing aside lesser foes with ease. Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the dwarf and his opponent are standing on the ground.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Hardworking: Charduni recieve a +2 on all Profession (mining) checks and Profession (mining) is always treated as a class skill.
- Rock Stepper: Charduni can skillfully negotiate rocky terrain. They can ignore difficult terrain created by rubble, broken ground, or steep stairs when they take a 5-foot step.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Charduni can see perfectly in the dark up to 90 feet however, they are automatically dazzled in bright light and take a –2 penalty on saving throws against effects with the light descriptor.
Offense Racial Traits
- Ancient Enmity: Charduni have long been in conflict with elves. Charduni receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the elf subtype.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with spiked chains and war scepters and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.