These are to be ratified at the next gaming session…
- Roll ability scores, 3d6, maybe arranged in any order.
- 1st Level, max hit points…roll for additional HP at new levels as normal.
- Unconscious at zero hp, if taken to negative hp save vs death or die, then save if hit again or every turn.
- Combat Dominance: A fighter (and ONLY a fighter) gets his or her level in melee attacks per round vs. opponents of < 2HD (i.e. up 1+ x). He cannot move and make multiple attacks though.
- When firing a bow (short or long, not a crossbow), you can fire two arrows per round if you do nothing but fire. (No movement, etc.). You cannot use ranged attacks if youʼre engaged in melee combat. You cannot use long bows from horseback. Short bows and crossbows are at -1 to hit while mounted. Shooting into a melee gives the target a +2 cover bonus, and a natural 1 automatically hits a random friendly adjacent target (if any).
- If a character does not move or take damage before their attack roll that round, they may take an aiming bonus of +1 to hit with any ranged weapon. Bows cannot fire twice per round and get the aiming bonus.
- You cannot cast non-touch spells if engaged in melee. A touch attack goes against AC 9, modified by any DEX adjustment and magical protection. e.g. rings of protection or the pluses from enchanted armor/shields.
- All Out Defence The character makes no attacks this round, but anyone trying to hit him in melee must make two attack rolls and take the worse. “Dodge! Parry! Spin!”
- All Out Attack In melee, the player makes two attack rolls and chooses the better one. If the target survives, he gets a single immediate, free, normal attack against the PC. “Left myself open.”