For a detailed description of each adventure, please read the Adventure Log starting with the first adventure.
The Shadow Knight, an enigmatic hero, leaves the city in the hands of five adventurers while he tries to discover the source of the Titan and a magic element empowering Gotham’s villains. The party prevents a citywide disaster at the hands of Man-Bat but at the great cost of one of their members. They soon discover that Jackal is behind the distribution of the magic element, also known as the Shine. Gotham’s criminal element fights over the Shine as it enables corruption and control of the city.
- Episode 1 – Knightfall
- Five adventurers, all patrons of the Cheery Dragon pub, are drawn outside by the sound of an explosion and find the Shadow Knight being harassed by humanoid bat creatures. They defend the Cheery Dragon from the creatures, and then pursue the Knight into a nearby cave.
- Episode 2 – Shadow Hunt
- The party follows the Shadow Knight through a nearby cave and a piece of the Titan. The Shadow Knight carries a decaying magic element that mutates the bats and opens a portal in the Titan. The Knight must leave Gotham but the bats are a sign of an ominous threat to the city—he gives the crystal key to his lair to the party and asks them to find “Red”. After he leaves, a powerful entity called the Jackal appears and laughs at the party but entertained, teleports them to Kane Manor as a second explosion rocks the city.
- Episode 3 – Red
- The party enters the Shadow Knight’s lair—an Ankor shrine to Bahamut—beneath Kane Manor and discover the key is also the heart of a warforged named Red, a Titan arrival whose consciousness awoke in Gotham. Red explains that he volunteered the crystal to allow the Knight access to the deeper parts of the Titan. Regarding the Knight’s parting request, Red suspects Man-Bat—a possessed alchemist—will attempt to transform Gotham’s citizens through the city’s water supply. Red equips the party and enchants their weapons with an exorcism ritual and relays that while they hunt, he will try to establish a new lair as the Jackal appears to know of the current one.
- Episode 4 – The Sleepy Guard
- The party races to Gotham’s water plant and finds it infested with bat creatures. They battle their way to an underground river and find Man-Bat performing a ritual on the huge magic crystal that purifies the water there.
- Episode 5 – Victory & Loss
- The party uses their exorcism-enchanted weapons to draw the Man-Bat out of Ender Andstrom and manage to not just banish, but obliterate him completely. Victory carries a heavy toll, as Ender Andstrom is lost and Raife leaves the group, becoming horribly disfigured in his attempt to prevent Man-Bat from ever returning to Gotham.
- Episode 6 – Trail Ignited
- The party investigates the explosions and follows a trail of Blast Ruby that leads them to the hideout of the Bridgebangers.
- Episode 7 – The Burning Hand
- Posing as Bridgebangers, the party learns the explosions were part of a contract with an unrevealed source to earn a magic element called Shine. Arnal, leader of the Bridgebangers hopes to use the element to join Thorn’s criminal network, but the Shine is accidentally destroyed in a fight with the party.
- Episode 8 – The Brothers Stormscale
- Arnal’s priest brother, Oren, happens upon the party and employs their help to sway Arnal from his path. At Arnal’s hideout in the Darkwood, the party learns Thorn is seeking an eladrin princess from Arcarius’ city. With no information about the eladrin, Arnal instead plans to bribe Thorn with Shine acquired from a pixie companion of Jackal’s, as payment for the explosions. Unable to sway Arnal without revealing their infiltration of the Bridgebangers, the party returns to the Cheery Dragon to regroup.
- Episode 9 – When Halflings Attack
- The Cheery Dragon is a good source of leads: the party learns the name of the pixie (Holly) from Sam and Cailiff suspects that Andstrom’s tattoos have religious origins. Still searching for a lead to Arcarius’ princess the party impersonates her in an area suspected of Thorn activity but attracts more attention than they bargained for.
- Episode 10 – Arnal’s Bane
- After a narrow escape from halflings in the temple district, the party regroups and spies on the meeting between Thorn and Arnal. Arnal is killed but sets off a bomb that staggers Thorn, whom the party chases after and captures.
- Episode 11 – The Face of Thorn
- The party returns to the Shadow Cave and learns their captive is a Face of Thorn. After learning about the princess and Holly, the party encounters a powerful homunculus attacking the Shadow Cave for an unseen agent.
- Episode 12 – Enter the Gorgon
- The party abandons the now-compromised Shadow Cave and investigates a lead on Aladressa to the home of Ender Andstrom (Manbat). In Andstrom’s basement, they discover two dead eladrin guards from Mithrendain and a sketch of a manor called the Red Grounds. En route, they are ambushed by bad police and afterwards meet a friendly policeman named Kamus Gorgon.