Elves and humans travel many of the same roads on Athas – elven tribes have at times encountered human mercenaries, just as elven warriors have found gainful employment in the armies of the city states. The merchant class, too, is overrun with traders of both races, so it is not at all unusual for children of mixed parentage to be born into the world-the half-elves.
A half-elf is generally tall, between 6 and 6½ feet tall, but more meaty than his elven counterparts. His facial features are clearly more deeply defined than those of a human, but based solely on his countenance a half-elf can usually pass for either an elf or a human.
A half-elf’s a life is typically hardened by the intolerance of others. Neither fully human nor fully elven, half-elves rarely find acceptance with either race. Elves are especially intolerant, at times driving mothers of half-elven infants from their camps into the desert. Humans are more apt to accept half-elves as allies or partners, but seldom accept them into their homes, clans, or families. Rarely do half-elves congregate in great enough numbers to form communities of their own, so they remain outsiders, forever wandering from situation to situation without a people, land, or village to call home.
- +2 Dex, +2 any.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. Half-elves retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Inborn powers: Every half-elf begins with 3 PP and a wild power off of the psion/wilder 1st-level power list. At 5th level, half-elves gain +3 PP and a wild 2nd-level power. At 10th level, half-elves gain +5 PP and a wild 3rd-level power. At 15th level, half-elves gain +7 PP and a wild 4th-level power. Use character level and charisma when determining the power’s ML and saving throw DC (if any).
- +1 Perception. This increases to +2 at 5th level, and +4 at 15th level.
- +2 racial bonus on Persuasion (when using diplomacy).
- Elven Discernment: Half-elves gain +2 to saves vs. illusions due to their elven heritage.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.
- Languages: Common. Bonus: Any (except secret languages).