‘Magic item’ is a catch-all term that includes all metaphysically-enhanced objects in the campaign.
Items are described by their appearance, history/lore, and then their mechanical attributes [provided in brackets].
Major Magic Items in the PCs’ Possession
- Enhanced chitin breastplate: This suit of armour includes greaves and vambraces, all constructed of a light-colored rigid carapace of some desert insect. The armor has been psionically-imbued for added durability. Its history isn’t known, aside from it being sold from a travelling merchant in Fort Glamis. [+1 AP. SIZ 12. Covers torso, arms, and legs.]
- Cloak of elvenkind: Granted to Dalamar as a gift from Szar, one of the guildmasters of the House Wavir trade emporium in Balic. This grey mantle is woven of fine nibenese cloth, and enchanted to camouflage the wearer upon command. It is said that the cloak was enchanted by and in the service of elves before arriving in Balic. When active, the magic causes the cloak to reflect the environment around the wearer, essentially making the areas covered nearly undetectable. [+ 25% Stealth when activated.].
- Dew reservoir: Found in the lair of quarreling gith, this cord amulet features a small tear-shaped glass ornament. Inside of the hollow glass, crystal clear water can be seen. This invaluable item seems to indefinitely satiate the thirst of the creature that wears it. [Continually hydrates the wearer, eradicating chance of death via dehydration.].
- Longbow of frost: Crafted from sun-bleached agafari wood, this ashen-blue recurve bow was imbued with potent psionic cryogenic energy. Its history isn’t known beyond the Praetorian-hired mul bounty-hunter who was slain by Dalamar in defense on the outskirts of Balic. The bow seethes with freezing vapour when an arrow is nocked, and when let fly, the arrow leaves a silvery vapour trail of of icy crystal in its wake. [+ 3% Attack. +1d3 cold damage. Cools the wielder when in use.].
- Glamoured chitin corselet: A fitted, finely-pieced together chitin breastplate that is subdued enough to be worn beneath clothing. At the verbal command of the wearer, it can transform into other outfits, while still granting the same amount of protection. [Can glimmer into other vestments. Can be worn under concealment].
- Fiery whip knife: This braided whip features a small blade attached to the end of it. Upon command, the whip sheathes itself in magical fire. [+ 1d4 fire damage when activated].
- Giant Killer: Pried from a locked chest aboard the broken silt vessel west of Ledo, this sling’s strap is constructed of treated giant’s hair weaved to a hide bullet pouch. It’s identified to be a giantbane weapon. [+ 4% Attack vs. giants. 1d10 damage vs. giants. On a critical, a giant must roll Endurance or become dazed for 1d4 rounds.].
- Enhanced chitin half-plate: This suit of half-plate armour is constructed primarily from the light-colored rigid carapace of some desert insect. Thin leather pieces cover the underside of the plates for comfort and additional padding. The armor has been psionically-imbued for added durability. Its history isn’t known, aside from it being sold from a travelling merchant in Fort Glamis. [+1 AP. SIZ 15. Covers torso, arms, and legs.]
- Nerlikryx: A blood-obsidian arming sword. Glows in various degrees of crimson or sapphire in dark areas automatically. The blade is sentient, and can speak telepathically with its wielder. It was discovered in Uriah’s Keep, beneath the temple in Knoibune’s lair. It was previously used by a Praetor. [+ 3% Attack. 1d10 damage. AP +2. HP +2.]
- Psychometron focus crystal: Bargained from The Great Ruler of Giant-kind in Gigus, this opalescent blue crystal can be used to construct a psychometron (circlet or crown of power). [Necessary power component for a psychometron.].
- Blessed vial and holy symbol: While not truly a magic item, this holy symbol is a conduit for power. Without it, calling upon miracles with the Exhort skill is two-grades harder than normal. [Grants a water priest exhortation power.].
- Thundering Iron Greatfalchion: Two-handed falchion, enchanted with sonic energy. [+ 2% Attack. On a critical, this weapon deals an additional +1d4 damage to the target. All creatures within 12m that are able to hear must pass an Endurance roll or become deafened for 1d3 rounds. This includes the creature struck (whose Endurance roll is of Hard difficulty), but not the wielder.].