Dumb as a bag full of hammers and as ugly as your mother-in-law, Nephilim are a queer lot. Mountain-dwellers by nature, they only roam onto the lowlands to pillage and plunder human townships, particularly around the Barony of Mejis. The same used to be true of Silver City until the local sheriff paid a posse of misfits and evil-minded fellas to round up and publicly crucify their chieftain. Unsurprisingly, the local Nephilim have proved tractable ever since.
Recent reports also suggest that a few Nephilim have joined up with some of the bandit groups in the mountains around Doz Cabezas; most notably, the second-in-command of the Hole in the Head Gang is said to be a Nephilim of particular smarts – at the very least, the fucker knows how to read and write.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence: Nephilim are incredibly strong and hardy, but are also slow-witted and find manoeuvring difficult due to their impressive size.
- Humanoid (giant): Nephilim are humanoid creatures with the giant subtype.
- Medium: Nephilim are medium-sized creatures but are subject to the special rules below on account of their greater size.
- Normal Speed: Nephilim have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Nephilim can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Powerful Build: Whenever a Nephilim is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Manoeuvre Bonus or Combat Manoeuvre Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Nephilim is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Nephilim is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. They also are considered large for the purposes of their carrying capacity (i.e. × 2 carrying capacity).
- Big Boned: A Nephilim can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Big britches: Nephilim have greater girth than most other medium-sized humanoids and find it hard to fit into armour and clothing designed for medium creatures. Nephilim are treated as Large creatures for the purposes of determining what they can wear, including how much it costs and weighs (PCR: Armour for Unusual Creatures; x 2 cost, x 2 weight).
- Large and in charge: Nephilim are very unstable and can be very intimidating, gaining a +2 bonus to their Intimidate skill to smaller creatures. As humanoids with the giant sub-type, Nephilim treat Intimidate as a class skill.
- Looming Presence: Due to their greater-than-medium build, Nephilim incur a -2 penalty to Stealth checks.
- Large appetite: Nephilim also require lots of food and water to sustain their massive stature and take twice the amount of food and water that normal medium creatures require.
- Axis Alignment: One aspect of the Nephilim’s alignment must be fixed, and chosen during character creation. The other half must be chosen when they awake each morning. They are only bound to that alignment until they sleep again. For example, a Nephilim may have a fixed lawful alignment. Every morning, he must choose to be lawful good, lawful neutral or lawful evil. This alignment change is not mandatory.
- Automatic Language: Basic proficiency in Kreyol, fluent in Hispanyola.