I’m going to be implementing an experimental behind the scenes math change:
- Enemies will have less health. I’m starting at a 1/3 reduction, reducing the average enemy survival to 1-2 striker hits or 2-3 non-striker hits.
- Enemies will deal additional damage. The following bonuses result in a roughly 1/3 increase.
- Melee and ranged attacks receive a 2 + 1/2 enemy level damage bonus, rounding down.
- Area and blast attacks receive a 1/2 enemy level damage bonus, rounding down.
- All attacks from minions only receive the 1/2 enemy level damage bonus.
This should squish the damage of an entire encounter into fewer rounds. Hopefully this change shortens combat and increases excitement without frustrating the players. (This will put pressure on leaders who will have fewer actions over an encounter to heal with.) This is all on a strictly experimental basis; if it doesn’t work we’ll toss it.