• Monday, December 5, 7:30 am
• V now has access to his Zemial Gnosis powers.
• They kick out the door and look out upon the city from the tall hill to look out over the city, and see the destruction that goes around them. Luma notices 10 of the flying creatures a great distance off, but still far away and not noticing them. They trudge forward, V in the lead and C holding the rear guard. They walk up to the gate, V grabs it and it turns to ash in his grip. The others comment on the strangeness of it all, and the fact that he couldn’t do that before. Isabella comments on the big man doing stranger things. They then continue to trudge forward down the street yet again.
• They see the creepy silence and change of the image around them. The air is silent, snow falls slowly. Blood, red and black gore, and the occasional limb reaching outwards from it. Isabella sings a happy tune and completely inappropriate song. The song draws in several collections of zombies, which V, H, and C deal with attacks from all of their own waves of violence and awesome. They make their way forward for a time.
• As they reach the edge of the Top Tier district H falls through a pile of snow into an open manhole. He finds himself falling below the turgid slop down below, and rises covered in complete gore and rises up. Isabella says that “Dad, you smell like ass.” V comments on the ugly appearance. Then Y, Isabella, C, H, and Luma all look around and notice a very well dressed man looking down at them from on high, with a raised eyebrow regarding H’s appearance. Isabella waves up to him. Cormac asks if he intends to actually assist them or talk to them. The man says that he would like to speak with them. They ask about who he is and what he is doing. He says that he was a researching, hoping to make his way out from the city in order to survive. He also says that he wanted to get the Book of the Dead out of the lab, but he does say that it appears one of them dealt with it. V says the book is there with them. Isabella jokes regarding it. Y asks who the man is, and he introduces himself as Ocelot Gris, the lead tactical trainer for the undead upon their tactical approaches. Then he explains that there is a great force that needs to be destroyed since it has apparently been let out to destroy the world. Then Lila asked if there would be any reason for them to actually let him try to assist and try to murder such a creature. Ocelot says that he can lead them outside, and from what he hears they have come into such a condition to lead the violence. Lila has trouble arguing. Then Ocelot says that he can assist in leading them to an exit that should be open, but that the monstrosity needs to be removed first, and they will die otherwise. Again, they have trouble arguing, so they ask if he has any idea about how they could actually kill them. Lila suggests that Ocelot could always try to kill the god of death by himself, to which he says he would have already. Ocelot suggests they attempts to gather powerful allies in order to destroy it in order to remove it so that they may all escape and live. The party asks to see if there would be any such allies in the city. Ocelot suggests they try to make contact with the Magus Order within the city, which he knows where they are based, and Samael, although he doesn’t know where they are as they often move about. Isabella asks if they would be willing to help, H knows a little bit about them but not much. They decide that they should probably go for the people they know where they are first, hoping to possibly find the Samael group on the way, or else afterwards. There are a few that wonder if they shouldn’t try to go to the Sanitarium still, as it is close to the exit. Then Ocelot informs them that Ragnarok happens to be lurking beyond the massive wall, just outside, between them and the Sanitarium. They decide going to the Magus Order base should prove to be their first objective. Then they begin to go move forward, with Ocelot running atop the rooftops.
• Through the streets they go, with Heinrich having Luma looking for any signs of life so that they can attempt to rescue them, or if they are Samael. Passing a home Luma gives him the signal, and H informs the others of living things in the two-story home across from them. V goes to the door, and turns it to ash in his touch. On the other side are a family, mother, father, two grown-up boys, with the father holding an Arquebus. He demands V leave them alone or he would fire. V stepped forward, the father fired, V stopped it with his axe, and grabbed the father by the head as the others ran away. C shook his head in acceptance of what was to come, while H, Isabella, and L discussed whether they should stay to witness this. While they were discussing whether to stay, V drove the father’s head through the wall, pulping it immediately and leaving his gun to fall to the floor. Then V moved upwards in pursuit of the family. All but Y decided to leave and continue to walk forward, although Julietta took the opportunity to grab up the arquebus and discarded shot first. They continued walking, trying to find a way out. After a time V returns downstairs and then begins walking in pursuit. Y burns the remains of the house down, drawing the creatures nearby to it, rather then them. Eventually the majority of the group (not V and Y) reach the wall of the top-tier district, and find the gate that is closed, and the gatehouse beside it. H enters the gatehouse in order to try and find the way to open it. Inside he sees numerous torn apart and partly devoured corpses, as well as a pair of unnatural monsters that were devouring the corpses. H backs up and tells the others to look out. The Aberrations then follow him back outside to the door. The others grumble regarding this mess.
• H knows the traits and abilities of the Aberrations and tells C about the pain aura. C brings out his super bolas and hurls it, splitting to hit both, crushing it into both of them solidly, and resists the Bonds of Suffering. H fires his wave of three arrows, striking solidly once, twice, and even more solidly thrice, and resists Bonds of Suffering. The Aberration littered with magic arrows charges Cormac, and his mystic wave shield soaks it up with the waves. Lila backs up and examines the case, seeing that no zombies are coming in. The other Aberration began eating a corpse instead of attacking C. Isabella fired a lightning arc into the Aberration devouring the corpse, charring off a great piece of its hide, and giggles without suffering from Bonds of Suffering. The first Aberration attacks C again, but his shield soaks it up without any harm to him, and counters with his bolas to strike both of them, decapitating the one that he countered, and nearly breaking off the back left leg at the thigh of the back one. Lila looks around once more, and notices V and Y were coming up, letting the party know. Isabella fires off another Electricity Arc at the one Aberration still standing, blowing off its left shoulder and causing it to fall downwards, and Isabella giggles out loud.
• V catches up and asks what the children have been up to, Isabella says killing, V says good, Lila says not wasting time. They continue moving on, heading through the streets of the high-class district. Any undead that attack them are destroyed quickly and efficiently. H also has Luma continue to look for any signs of life, and this time people that are not whimpering for mercy or a divine being to assist them. When passing a large, four-story building Luma senses a group that match the description. H asks if they should talk to them or just move past. L suggests they not let V do the talking with them. V moves over to the door, and politely knocks. From the other side are barked orders for him to back up and leave. V demands to know why. Those on the other side of the door simply say that they are in a very good place at the moment, and don’t need any fools ruining their strategy. H moves to get Isabella out of the direct line with the door. Y moves behind V to support him. Lila, Ocelot, and Julietta begin to ignore the situation and walk forward. Cormac backed up and allowed a resigned shake of his head. V then kicked in the door, and a trio of cannons on the other side fired at him in unison. Two V deflected, sending them each soaring in a different direction. The third struck his armor centrally, and detonated. The two that were deflected destroyed buildings, one of which Ocelot was standing upon. The third didn’t harm V, or Y as he rolled backwards out of the way. The front of the building and the operators of the cannons were not so lucky, and were quite destroyed. Then the upper floors began to fall over. V walked in, Y backed up, and C walked in, with H leading Isabella out of the path of the falling debris. V and C easily made it into the lower level before the rest fell. C then joined with L, H, Isabella, and Julietta, in following the now emerged Oselot, standing on a building adjacent to the destroyed one dusting off his clothes, in moving down and around to continue on their journey. Then V looked through some of the debris for survivors, crushed a few under wreckage, amputate the broken limbs of another (killing him in the process), and just breaking as many bones in one’s body as he could and let him crawl feebly away. Y muttered under his breath, but the mutter was something complimentary, then lit the ruins on fire before the two caught up with the other group once more.
• Reaching the edge of the High Class district, the group once more arrived at a large gate, wood bound in metal, standing between their current objective. V stepped up to the center of the gate, and split it down the middle, opening the once proud single door into two smaller half doors. Trudging ominously forward once more, they continue into the guild district.
• Moving through the streets, they continued to pass buildings, although many of these were already aflame, or else had the doors and windows battered in, corpses of civilians and undead scattered about. The milling of undead around them was lessened here, to the point where there were even fewer within sight where major streets met. Those that they saw turned to avoid their path. C muttered about something finally going right at least.
• It was while they were moving through the guild district that Isabella’s gaze was drawn by something particularly shiny. Through the shattered window of a store, littered with headless zombie corpses, on a pedestal inside, was the most expensive looking item she had ever seen, a grapefruit-sized sphere made of gold, silver, and platinum, studded with countless valuable gems. Without saying a word she sprints at full speed towards the building. H calls out to see what is wrong, while Y follows the young girl’s gaze and spots the valuable sphere. With inhuman speed he charges past her, and jumps through the window over the decapitated zombies. Furious at seeing her prize about to be snatched, Isabella unleashed an Electricity Arc at Y, but he was able to nimbly turn aside from the attack, with help from his misty cloak. Landing and coming to his feet Y tucked the orb away into one of his many satchel. Then noticing three animals in cages, a bunny, a spider monkey, and a chinchilla, Y grabs the three cages and walks out the front door. L asks him what is up with the animals, while Isabella demands he give her what she wants. Y hands her the cage with the rabbit inside, and Isabella is pleased and sated for the time. She pulls it out of the cage and names it Fred. Lila “So we are holding up pet stores now, are we?” Isabella “You can’t hold up when the owners aren’t there, then it is only robbing.” As V and C begin leading the group away from their distraction, Y sets down the other two cages, because they are too large to carry. After a short while however Y realizes that the spider monkey and chinchilla are still following him. Apparently their cages were unlocked.
• The group continues forward, until Ocelot points towards a two-story home and informs the group that it is their objective. He suggests they have someone other then V do the talking, based on how the previous discussions went. V mutters and says that he would happily stay outside then, to avoid dealing with such people. Ocelot then hops to the ground, so as to make a more normal introduction. Lila “I didn’t think you could walk on the ground.” Ocelot “I can sully my feet when the need arises.” The rest of the group then pushes Lila up to the front door to do the talking for them. She knocks, and a man’s voice speaks to her from the other side. Upon reaching the Magus Orders headquarter Lila’s shield is diminished. The man asks comments that since they knocked they must actually be alive, and then he asks them if they are sane or not. Lila replies that sanity is a point of view, but that only one of their party has lost their wits. Isabella tells Lila it is not nice to talk about Big Man that way. The voice on the other side grunts, and then asks them what they are here about. L informs him of the ‘god of death’, that they are looking for powerful allies, and that Ocelot knew their location. She then asked to continue the discussion inside. The man on the other side of the door opened it for them, and invited them in. V, Y, and the spider monkey and chinchilla stayed outside while the others entered.
• The man escorting them in asked them to follow him so that they could meet the leader of this group to discuss things with her. Isabella tries to wander off to find food for Fred the rabbit, but their guide tells her to stay with the group. Pouting, Isabella listens and follows. Their guide leads them down into the basement, a room filled with books and nearly a dozen individuals working over them at a rapid pace. On old woman walks over to them, asking what the meaning of this intrusion is. Lila explains the situation, and that they need their assistance in order to try and deal with Ragnarok. The mage leader, Brunhild, comments on the fact that it sounds like they let it out, so they should deal with it themselves while the Magus Order members continue to work on their own escape plan. H asks what their plan is, and Brunhild informs them that they are trying to bring down the barrier. L comments that releasing Ragnarok would be a bad thing, and that he would proceed to kill them later. Ocelot inquires if they are aware of the location of any member of Samael, but Brunhild doesn’t as Samael tends to keep to themselves. Brunhild then suggests that the only way she will hep would be if they could draw Ragnarok out and if she could receive an item of payment in response. Isabella asked what would happen if someone’s heart was placed inside the death thingy, if they could use this method to move it where they wanted. While the others tried to silence her, Brunhild asked her some questions in a very pleasant, grandmotherly way, and was able to learn of V’s heart powering the creature, some of the powers, and the axe that devoured the Book of the Dead. Brunhild demands the axe as payment, causing Ocelot to twitch and sputter that he already was in need of receiving the axe. When Lila agreed to Brunhild’s terms, assuming she helped them kill the “soul conduit” before they take the axe from him Ocelot twitched even more. A young mage charged forward from the back, a darkness sheele on his shoulder. The Darkness Sheele and Luma stared at each other for quite some time while this young mage, Gryllinae, demanded that Brunhild come to her senses and not deal with such suicidal plans. Brunhild reminded Gryllinae of his rank, and asked him to send over her second-in-command, Gand, so they could plan. Gryllinae storms off, and soon Gand joins them. The group decides to try and draw Ragnarok to a narrow street, so they can place their forces on both sides, the mages providing support. They also want to try to locate Samael, so some of the mages begin magically probing for them. In the mean time Brunhild offers to let them rest, eat, and relax, so they may have their strength for when the inevitable struggle begins. C asks if their companions outside may join them, and Brunhild allows it so long as the “conduit” remains only on the upper floor. C and H go out to invite V into the house, which he grudgingly accepts. Y and his small furry friends come with him as well. V goes to the upper floor to bed, Isabella feeds her rabbit and makes herself a sandwhich, which Fred the rabbit attempts to sneak pieces of when she isn’t looking, making Isabella slightly annoyed. Y waits in the same room as V for a time. H assisted the other mages in the basement with their research, learning that they intended to enact a major ritual to bring down the mystic barrier locking them in the city. He provides what assistance he can. C and L goes up to a room and gets some well-earned rest themselves.
• After a time, still during broad daylight, Y decides that he should go looking for mystic treasures that all mages tend to keep in their homes, or so he hoped. Sneaking through the halls, Fingers the spider monkey and also the chinchilla in hot pursuit. Finding the door to Brunhild’s private quarters, Y tries the door and finds it locked. Nodding to himself, he begins to attempt to pick it, and fails. Repeatedly. Eventually Fingers the spider monkey gestures, chirps, and runs over to a window, opens the unlocked window, and goes outside. Y follows, and finds that Fingers the spider monkey opened the window to Brunhild’s room and is now inside it. Y follows, and gives the room a quick once over. Nothing, except for a locked cabinet catches his eyes, so he goes over there, and begins picking it. This time he is successful, and finds within a mirror, and a deck of cards in an incredibly elaborate box. He stuffs them both at the very bottom of one of his loot sacks, and then sneaks back out through the window.
• With Y out of the room, Grylinnae sneaks in and wakes V from a sound slumber, with V still in his armor of course. V rumbles to know why he is being woken up. Grylinnae informs V of the plan that the others made to use his axe as the bargaining chip for the Magus Order’s assistance in destroying Ragnarok, and that they plan to murder him afterwards. V demands to know why Grylinnae would tell him this. Grylinnae responds that he believes all the others here fools that simply don’t stand a chance of survival, but that he and V could. Grylinnae offers to assist V in the ensuing struggle, after Ragnarok has been defeated. V wishes to know what help Grylinnae could provide, so he conjures up a slight taste of his powers, and has his Sheele tear a hole in some nearby furniture in a single stroke. With a grunt V accepts Grylinnae’s offer, and tells him to get out. Grylinnae leaves, V muses over whether Grylinnae will live much longer at all, and then returns to slumber.
• Feeling successful upon his theft from the Magus Order leader, Y decides that he should pull a card from the deck that he took, once he returned to the room. Ymir draws the Judgement Reversed from the Tarot. Instantly a void sweeps out across the entire enclosed city. All that are awake find themselves surrounded by utter blackness where each individual is the only one left in all existence. Then, as quickly as it arose, the darkness vanished and all returned to normal. “Well, that is being hidden away for a while.” Y muttered to himself as he shoved the deck to the very bottom of his “loot satchel”, before pretending to fall asleep. Silence was broken as Brunhild began shrieking from the basement, and all the Seekers were awoken and dragged from their rooms to face the irate elderly mage.
• Once everyone was awake and gathered, Brunhild sputtered regarding which one of them took ‘it’, and if they had any idea exactly what they had done. C asked what she was talking about, as he had been asleep at the time, while H asked what exactly happened, and Brunhild ignored them both and cast accusing glances over the entire group while muttering things like ‘doomed us all’. L points towards Y, saying “If anyone took anything that wasn’t theirs then you should start with the thief.” Feigning shock, Y handed over his loot satchel for Brunhild to search through. After only making it through the first many layers of clothing and random items, she gave up, exasperated and saying that it really couldn’t get any worse. Then the mage on look out reported that they had found the local group of Samael in the city, and that they were on their way. Brunhild, the mages, and the Seekers (the last batch a bit more reluctantly) went up to ground level in order to meet with the Samael group, and try not to be slaughtered.
• As they stood upon the ground level, all gathered were treated with the sight of a massive creature of fire, and liquid stone charging towards them, with a female Jayan lieutenant at his side and 17 other assorted supernatural beings all kitted out for war. The mass of fire and doom, the local Archon, demanded to know who was responsible for the act that occurred. Sputtering to try and explain everything in time, Brunhild informed the Archon that they did not know, but she suspected one of the Seekers, and that if the Samael forces would be willing to assist in the destruction of Ragnarok first, then they might be able to sort this out, and murder the one responsible, afterwards. During this exchange Lila shook her head and critiqued Brunhild’s negotiating tactics, while C and H agreed with her opinions. The Samael Archon agreed, and began having all their forces moving into position to fight with Ragnarok, as a massive batch of necromantic energy could be felt approaching them. The Archon, with what was most likely supposed to be a grimace, commented that this might very well be their best chance to destroy the approaching monstrosity, as everything within the city was now as mortal as they would ever be. They formed proper battle lines, with the lesser mages standing on the Magus Order Headquarter’s roof, and everyone else mostly staying within their personal groups. Then Ragnarok burst through a building without slowing, and roared as he charged “You dare to challenge me with such audacity!? Those that would unleash such powers against me will be sent screaming into oblivion!”
• Ocelot, surprising everyone, cracks his knuckles and begins playing cat’s-cradle. Fineran-Ristmuromatt waits, Ymir draws his daggers and waits. Luma waits. Brunhild throws up a Royal Shield. The mages on the roof begin to accumulate magic. Gryllinae accumulates magic. Lila accumulates magic. Ragnarok vanishes, then appears on the roof with the mages, bringing his massive blade down to kill them all and destroying the building in the process, then appears amidst the 17 Samael soldiers and cuts 7 of them down with his Spirit Blades. Then Isabella fires a crossbow bolt with EMAA, but his armor stops it. H fires an arrow, and scratches it slightly. The Samael members try to move into position around it. Y throws a +5 dagger at Ragnarok, and it manages to pierce his armor to hurt him slightly. V then charges in on Ragnarok, tearing a hole through his armor. Julietta looks at her ineffective gun and backs up. C then throws his super-bolas against Ragnarok, tearing through Ragnarok’s left arm and then comes back to tear through his torso and have him fall to his death. V goes into his chest looking for his heart, but finds nothing but an empty shell. V warns that this is probably not the end, so Lila continues to charge. Then Ragnarok appears in their midst with all his powers, unleashing a power of Memento Mori to charge over the field with a wave of death, killing all the Samael minions, Ocelot, Grynillae, Chikara, Cormac, Viresaegar, Isabella, and all three of the animals fall over deceased. Ragnarok then announces that it is a god of death. Then they unleash their counter attacks, Brunhild firing a beam of light but it is dodged, Lila charged zeon, Gand fired an illusionary spell, but it missed. Then Ymir through one of his daggers, but it did not reach Ragnarok as it dodged around. Finerra unleashed a pair of attacks against Ragnarok, one harming it, but the other not. Heinrich then used Luma to fire a light beam into Ragnarok, but not harming him. Then Heinrich brings out the Hunter Arrow, fires it to drive a great hole through the spiritual mass, causing it great pain. Then Lila continued to charge her magic, and Finerran charged Ragnarok as it appeared behind Julietta. Ragnarok put his ghostly hand through her, tearing out Julietta’s flesh killing her. Then Finerran brought its full bulk down upon the creature, destroying it in a flail of doom and violence. With the spirit gone, they all wonder if it is over, with Lila continuing to charge zeon. After nothing happens after a time, Brunhild wandered over to take the axe from V, while H picked up Isabella’s body and beginning to walk towards the Sanitarium again. When Brunhild touched the axe, V rose from the ground once more and cut down Brunhild with a savage strike from the axe to absorb her bodily into the axe. With horror Gand looked at V, and began charging up his Zeon, only to be cut down. Y looked around to see what was going on, H drew out his Naginata, placed Isabella down upon the ground, and then moved as V charged Lila. Lila used her powers to hurl a piece of the street into V, staggering him so he could only stand over her. H then came in, swinging with the Naginata, but having it stopped by V’s armor. Lila juked back and forth in order to get out of the reach of V’s act. Then L continued to run in the direction of Finerran heading off to try and destroy his way through the barrier and into freedom. H then lunged forth once more, but his N was knocked aside, and V brought his axe down upon Luma, to cleave through her, and then destroying H also due to the overwhelming damage to his soul in the process as well. Y then asked what was going on with V, who responded by charging with the axe. A glancing blow nearly tore through Y, so he turned and fled. V then charged off.
• Y End Notes: Having narrowly escaped with his life, Y skulked through the cities, down a nearby sewer entrance, and back into the subterranean laboratory. Carefully he picked his way past the undead that remained within, found one of the secret escape paths, now open thanks to The Edge of Dawn’s demise, and made his escape from the doomed city. Not even looking back he quickly traveled to reach the nearest bastion of the Black Sun organization that he could find. Trading in his report of what happened in the city, as well as the mirror and deck of cards, Y was handsomely rewarded. He maintained some freelance work on the side however. After all, not doing so would simply leave him bored.
• Lila End Notes: Travelling with the surviving Samael Archon, the two of them reached one of the external gates of the city, and with a tower show of magical and physical force were able to tear a small hole in it long enough for the two of them to escape. They traveled as far as they could in the night, until a massive build-up of power behind them made the two turn around. Lila witnessed the final moments of Terrasanta as it was consumed in the unholy maelstrom of mystical forces to reduce it from one of the most splendid metropolises of the world, to a crater of nothingness. The power of the explosion also blinded her for two weeks. The Archon, feeling sympathy for this small mortal, stayed with her and fed her until her sight returned, then informed her that he would be returning to Samael, and that she was on her own. With a shrug L accepted this fact, and decided to return home and pursue some less life-threatening employment. She took a small bit of solace in knowing that not even Viresaegaer could survive the explosion that destroyed the city.
• Viresaegaer End Notes: Stalking the city, looking for more prey, V felt a familiar sensation of a strange mind behind him. Swinging about, axe ready, V found the form of the chained, skeletal angel floating inverted in the air behind him. V said nothing and simply waited. “I must say, you have come along far better then I could ever have hoped,” rasped the unnatural creature through dry chuckles. “Even the other Lords of Nightmares themselves would tremble in your presence I suspect. What an incredible asset you would be. Would you like me to bring you from this place, so that you may spread madness and death across so much more of the world?” V considered for a moment, before rumbling “Perhaps, but first I would have your name.” The floating skeletal angel’s madness tinged eyes gleamed in amusement; “You may call me Dementia. The two of us will work together well I think. You will spread the gift of insanity wherever you tread, and our power will grow before it. Now, let us take our leave of this beautifully mad city before the powers that contain it destroy all within.” Relaxing his grip on his axe, but not too much, V strode beside Dementia, and the two vanished together into the Wake. V and his axe would greatly enjoy the years to come he suspected.
How All Tales of Darkness and Suffering Conclude
November 21, 2012 00:54
• Monday, December 5, 7:30 am
How Much Can One Man Change?
October 01, 2012 03:33
• Sunday, December 4, 4:00 pm
• And so the trudging resumes, forward into the halls where they move, V leading, C in the middle, and all the others squished together in the middle, moving forward, into the hall beyond, to reach the short distance to the next sets of doors that TEoD cannot open. Then the door cannot open by TEoD, so V holds up his axe and asks if there are any objections. L backs up to a safe distance. V brings his axe into the door, splitting the doors down the locks, tearing a chunk off, and knocking them in to smash against the back walls. Beyond there is a hall made entirely of blinding light. V begins walking in, without fear, the light running away from him but forming behind him. H and L both use their Magic Appraisal to recognize it as not all magic, but also powerful, and L knows that it doesn’t seem to like V much. V glares into the room and shouts “Do you hate me room?!” Then there was a glowing charge, and a laser cut into him. L says that it doesn’t look good. Isabella gazes into the past 10 years, seeing only an older gentleman and crates and a book coming in and leaving over the years. Y then walks into the room to look around. A charge of laser then shoots both V and Y, hitting V slightly and Y getting through them. Looking around, Luma and Lila notice there are several floating crystals, 6 small ones, and one the size of a man. Then H shoots one of the crystals, shattering it, causing the hall to fire a great beam into the hall beyond, taking damage from it being H, and C, Isabella taking a glancing blow, and L’s shield deflecting the bit to hurt her. Then H fires another three arrows, destroying another three little ones, before Isabella fires an arcing wave of lighting into the big crystal. The little crystals shatter, the big crystal absorbs the lightning, the light glows brighter, and then shatters to die all of the light in the hall within and beyond. Only Luma provides light, and they look forward to see everyone and the door. H fires a light arrow into the chambers in order to light the door. The group heads there, and then V tears the door down with his axe once more. In the small room beyond Lila asks if V has a special reason for wishing to live. V says that everything about him is special. Then L tries another more round about way, but V just tells her to spit it out. L then decides to say that they should try to survive, and try also to keep living they need to cut the shit out, such as killing people that might be helpful. V says that they were not important, and should be able. With a grumble L lets it go, then they go over to the door. L asks V if he can lockpick the door. Instead, V knocks on it harshly. After several moments there is a buzzing and a voice asking what they want and who they are. They tell him that they are sent to retrieve him. The voice asks them once more regarding who they are, and V tells them that they are Seekers, and gives them their access identity. For a moment Dr. Colbert pauses, and then lets them in with a grinding of gears and opening of locks. Then they are able to see the interior of the chamber, with all of its many apertures, notes, tables and daises, and a giant container filled with darkness and hatred fluid. Working at the desk Sergei asked what they wanted and what they were here for. They say that they are here to bring him back to the center of the security room. Sergei Colbert says that he still has a great deal of work to do on his final project, then he can leave once he is done they are willing to leave. They ask what they need to do. Sergei Colbert says that he would be able to assist further if they could retrieve the variety of notes from the different major projects, to assist with that. They ask regarding if a Necrogolem was one such project. Sergei says that it was, and asks if they say it. Isabella said that much electricity was sent through them, and that the big man was eaten and cut his way out. Sergei is surprised with them having surprised an encounter, C and H explain that the containment field shorted out shortly after they entered, and they had no choice. Sergei asks a few more questions, and then decides to give them a different offer. He says that if he can have V’s heart for his greatest creation he would go with them happily. Sergei also suggests that he should hold onto his axe and not drop it. V asks if there is a big enough table, Sergei calls one up, and then V takes his armor off and lays down atop it. Then the others sit and watch, enjoying food and drink nearby from the machines. Deploying a massive dark crystal from the ceiling which hovered, split, and tore out his heart in order to take it, rise up, and move it over into the tank. V didn’t move. Then there was a resounding sound of a heart beating. Ymir grabbed all the notes he could while Sergei was busy, seeing reference to Ragnarok Progress for it. Then V gets up, a mass of dark energy beating in his chest. Then Sergei grabs up all the other notes he could and walks out, suggesting they follow before his creation escapes. With another beat of the heart they followed. Sergei closed and locked the door with a which he then gave to H.
• As they walked through the hall Sergei suggested that they pretend he was kidnapped, and not tell TEoD that Ragnarok had been completed. He also suggested they pretend they had kidnapped him. V carries him over one shoulder, then they entered the room containing TEoD. She congratulated them on retrieving Sergei, and said that all they had to do now was to retrieve the Book of The Dead fragment. L asked what kind of security they could expect. TEoD began telling them that it was all private, owned property and so she couldn’t tell them, and then Sergei hit a few buttons and froze her for a while. Then he told them of the security in the hall beyond, to not piss it off, and gave a quick description of the threat they should find guarding the books, the two Archetypum and one NK-X. Then he unfroze TEoD, she let them go and they left for the Book Chamber.
• They entered a hall with a ceiling that looked like a starry sky. From around them they heard the voice asking who they were, and what they were doing here. Y and L could see the haunting specter, that didn’t wish to attack them. It asked why they were here instead of Sergei, they answered, it accepted, and told them not to harm its creator or it would be unhappy with them. Then they made it to the end of the hall, opened the door, and found the undead within (3 Raziel’s, one Type-666, two Type-100). Lila told them to let them in and take the book since Sergei gave them permission. The NK-X said that only Sergei could take it. A few more attempts didn’t help, so V walked in and began the fight.
• Lila attempts to talk the monsters into confusion in order to confuse them and break their tactics, drawing the gazes from the monsters. The NK-X lunges forward at V with his claw, grabbing him, then striking him with his Raxxor Zero for a small amount of damage, and would make him bleed if he could. Isabella fires an electicity Arc into the NK-X, but it deflects it with its sword, not hurting him or V. Isabella stares at the sparks. Then C throws one of his regular +10 bolas, but the Archetypum knocks it from the air. Ymir throws a molatov at the NK-X, but it blocks it with his sword, lighting the blade on fire. Then the Archetypum that was attacked by Cormac goes to him, and cuts him down, leaving him bleeding, but alive, on the floor, his left forearm broken. Then the other Archetype attacked Lila, which just deflected the blade in order to not take pain. Y attacks the arm of the NK-X, but its armor soaks up the attack without harm. The Archetypum that was fighting Lila enters the room and then attacks Y, but thanks to his cloak the blade goes through him. H uses a powerful Heal spell in order to get C back to consciousness, then H backs away from the door leaving Luma tells Isabella to leave. V breaks free from the NK-X and swings, with the blade deflected and swung in, which was absorbed by V’s armor. Isabella backs up to stay with H. Then the Archetypum standing over C returns to the room to attack Y, the sword passing through him thanks to the cloak again, then it lunged in with the claw, but the cloak saves his life. Y then attacks one of the surprised Archetypes in its unarmored shoulder, stabbing it solidly in the shoulder, then Y runs up the wall to get out of reach. Lila accumulates. Luma moves to H’s shoulder. Isabella waits, and then H sees one of the Archetypum coming in, and so fires three arrows into it, one striking it to stagger it, the second just deflected, and the third carving into it solidly into its flesh to have it stand before Heinrich and Isabella. Isabella then fires an electricity arc, but then is absorbed by the armor. C rises to his feet and Sagitariuses his super bolas into the Archetypum attacked many times already, and the Bolas nearly splits it in half. Luma then adds to the show with a beam of light on the mauled Archetypum, harming it even further. The NK-X lunges at V with his claw, but the armor takes it, then the Raxxor Zero comes in, grazing V through some more of his health. Y looks into the undead eyes of the creature it stabbed, then jumps from the wall with a battle cry, plunging with the extra weight into the creature’s unarmored side, then acrobatically dropped down and pulled his dagger back with it. Lila accumulates, and attempts to create an AoE “Destroy Undead”, and manages to make the NK-X explode in a cloud of undead dust and sadness. The other two Archetypes live. H then fires point-blank at the Archetype directly in front of him, and shoots through it to drop it down. C then fires a super bolas into the remaining Archetypum still within the room fighting Y, then tearing through its right thigh and dropping the creature down.
• H uses his naginata to cut off the head of the Archetype at his feet. Without killing anything V picks up the Book of the Dead Fragment, feels his axe desire the right to caress the book with his glorious cutting face, so he puts the book back on the pedestal, raises his axe, C throws a bolas to try and trap him, but it is deflected easily, and V brings the axe down upon the book. In a great column of negative necromantic energy the axe absorbs the remnants of the book in order to gain and devour its power.
• C wishes to know what the hell just happened, and they should discuss what just happened. Y looks around the room for loot, finds the other weapons of the undead, and their armor. Y looks over the metal but assumes that they are worthless, and the weapons, and thinks he could make a good deal of money off of them. Lila looks around the room to see any lingering energy, only sees the field from the axe, and the other door, but none of them want to look further in. They return to the central security room where Sergei Colbert was. They travel through the hall, Y commenting that they shouldn’t look forward to saying things, then C suggests they let V tell them, or Y suggests that they let Lila tell them in order to try and drain the pain somewhat. L wonders if they should wait for a chance to recover before they give the news to TEoD. V suggests that the dead don’t rest. C suggests keeping on, V suggests they keep going, Lila, Isabella, and Ymir would all like to rest but doesn’t say it. So they go back to TEoD.
• They travel through the hall, and the haunting shade whispers to V that it can smell the book but not see it, V says they have it, then it asks if it can smell it from inside the axe. V asks if the spirit would like to smell the axe, and then it leaves. Y comments on a smart ghost. As they travel down the hall to the central security chamber, they see the security doors beginning to close, so they run forward. V places himself in the door and keeps it open with his arms so the others can run through, even with H tripping and landing a bit on Isabella that he was carrying, and then making it through.
• As the doors closed behind them they find Sergei Colbert arguing with TEoD, regarding the large doors nearly being beaten down with massive blows. TEoD turns on them and snaps that they said the creation was incomplete, destroyed, and not to be a threat to them. The Seekers argued back that there wouldn’t actually be having said anything regarding that. TEoD didn’t appreciate the distinction, and then Sergei tried to reach the controls TEoD turned on him and told him to go down to not try to do anything. Then she turns back to the group in order to try and get them to deal with things, in order to help stop them. They say that they would rather get Dr. Sergei Colbert and the important artifacts outside in order to save them. TEoD then says that she would still be left behind. V asks if she would like to come along, and TEoD says yes, so V takes his axe and sends it driving into the massive central crystal. In a shriek of magic, psychic energy, and crying pain, the essence and forces shattering, the crystal exploding and all the lights going out. Then, with a grinding noise all the security doors open. As one, except for C and V, grumble “Shit.”
• From the other side of the door emerges the massive form of Ragnarok in all its glory. As H, Isabella, and L attempt to sneak away, Ragnarok moves in order to pop infront of them and cut them off. Ragnarok greets these fell creatures, saying that the one that binds him is now disabled, and so he and his servants, the other undead that they have slaughtered, and so now it wonders what it should do with them. L suggests that it could always let them go. Ragnarok says that now it could not do so, because its entire purpose is to unleash the true proper oblivion of existence, removing all the flawed beings from the world. Then Ragnarok blinks forward and impales Sergei Colbert upon his super blade, leaving Sergei Colbert to die with a shudder and a slight smile. Then he vanishes slightly, and reappears where he was standing again, asking what they should have him do to leave them alone. Then L suggested that it should let them leave, in order to help him spread the good word first, so that they can help. Then Ragnarok challenges them in order to prove their worth in what they can do, the few that have sanity, and those that kill for no reason, and then the others that are willing to assist others and care. Ragnarok views emotion as a weakness, and so they must learn the other things. L says that they could be the first step to oblivion if they are released. Ragnarok counters with that killing them could easily be the first step, and for them to pick their next words carefully. L says that it could be the first step, and then as she said that their release could trigger more she was able to be knocked aside as he brought his blade down into the ground. Then he returned to where he was. Once more he asked them to decide what to do, in order to cover it all. L “V, talk to your son.” Ragnarok gives them their offer, the L comments that “V, you have a strange family life.” V “I don’t have much family.” They think over the matter for a good long time, mostly within their mind, wondering what is going on, until V says that they may not like the work and offer currently, but that they will accept the terms for now, but may change later. Then Ragnarok says that he will give them some time to figure out what is going on, rest, and then go out and slaughter. He also says that he would allow them to try and fight him if they wish once they have recovered, so he can deliver them to oblivion himself. Then he vanishes off.
• With Ragnarok gone H suggests that L inform Julietta about the situation. They contact her, informing her that they reached the lab, saying that she shouldn’t come down, told her about Ragnarok, and then regarding the offer they agreed to and trying to find their way out of things. So they suggest Julietta stays down there, and then they discuss where they should rest. Isabella simply muttered to herself while staring inward, all in Ailish. They decide they should return to the surface, after V kills a zombie that shambles in. Then they finally notice that there is an elevator that fell from above the shattered crystal. They all gather up, V pushes a button, and gets blasted by dark magic again. With a grumble H pulls out Colbert’s keycard, inserts it, and has C look over it in order to check if it works, which it should now. Then V pushes the little blue crystal button and they ascend. As the doors slide open they find themselves in a basement, with a woman with an arquebus staring them down. When she sees the group, she curses to herself and puts her weapon away. After the introductions are done, as this is their first time seeing her in person, they decide that they are going to wait here in order to recover their strength. V also tells Julietta that she is coming with them or else she is meeting his axe. She accepts. They rest for 8 hours so that everyone has a chance to recover.
• Monday, December 5, 7:30 am
• Y uses Ki healing on both C and V, and H has Luma use her healing light on them also in order to help. Then they gather up their belongings, Isabella grabs up another 31 crossbow bolts. Then they make their way up, seeing that they are in an incredibly well decorated mansion. Lila guides Y forward, so he doesn’t get lost grabbing things, so Y and Julietta only have time to grab one painting each, breaking the frames and rolling them up to tuck away. Then V kicked open the doors back out to the surface.
Further Down They Go...
September 25, 2012 03:37
• Sunday, December 4, 989
• Isabella unleashed an electrical arc into one of the creatures, causing it to explode into a shower of gore and doom and collapses. Heinrich unleashes a flurry of three arrows into one of the Type-017, striking through its left forearm and left calf. Luma waits and watches, with access to his zeon. The Type-017 Madness Spinners, pairing up and unleashing a wave of Psychic Assaults and Psychic Deaths, striking Isabella for her PsR, Cormac for a point of Int and Wp, and slightly damaging Heinrich’s resistances as well, while many of the other Type-017 have sparks burst from their minds as they fail. Cormac throws his splitting bolas in order to destroy two of them by taking through their ribs and arms. Then Lila hid in the shadow of Viresaegaer, before V charged forward into the mass, swinging twice, killing 5 of the 8, then the remaining three with the second attack.
• Isabella “Does anyone elses brain feel like cinnamon and taste like purple?” C “My head hurts a bit.” Isabella “Does the colours talk back to you?” H “My head slightly hurts.”
• They look over the pedastal, and through the room. Luma finds some notes on the creation of the Type-017 Madness Spinners and puts them in his book after reading them, Cormac looks into the turned over corpses, seeing what they are. Lila and Luma look at the pedastal with its buttons and levers. They sense a great deal of energy, Heinrich knowing that it is not all magic. Lila suggests that they not push it until they know what it does, which makes Isabella run over and grab one of the two levers, but then H tells Isabella to leave it alone. Isabella looks over and begins to argue about whether they should push it or not between all of their. Then H pulls her away. They see the pit beneath the grating, and Isabella drops a GC down, and hears it hit after a 3 count. Looks quite far down. Isabella suggests trying to lower them down through, and then grabs the other lever. Lila notices that there is necromantic energy that builds around Isabella’s hands, and then tells her not to pull it, so H grabs her and pulls her off. She wants to know why, H says that it could hurt her, or them. Isabella talks within themselves and then deciding that her killing daddy might not work well. C suggests that they have V try to carve through the grating with his axe. He cuts, and then a beam of energy attempts to cut into him, but his axe stops it. Then they attempt to figure out what to do next, so V grabs onto and pushes the little blue sapphire button, and has a blast of energy. They notice the ripple of other magic there. Then C looks over and analyzes the pedastal, seeing that there is a key that would open it to function, that it attacks any failed attempts, and that it can be evaded around in order to make the way through. C asks if any of them found a key, they say the things they have that open their own things, and then C opens it up manually with his technique, and the elevator descends them down, with only C and V on it. The others glower as they descend about 150 feet. Ymir runs down the wall to reach the base of it. Then H asks that they should have like help from him to carry Isabella and Lila down there, L says she doesn’t want to go down there, but that she will anyway. H carries them down, and they find the lower region, with a set of three massive doors. They look at them, C and Y seeing that they are not trapped, but are locked. Isabella looks 1 year into the past, and finds that there are different codes into each of them. Then she gave the data, Lila memorized the more recent ones, and then V uses the codes in order to progress down the hall. They travel through the strange places and distant and scattered bodies within, trying to find the few bits of zombies. Isabella then grabs one of the zombies and starts pulling crossbow bolts out of it. She falls behind the rest of the group, so H tells her to catch up. Isabella says that they need them so that they can use the big attack that Edward likes so much. H grabs her, carrying her over one shoulder, and the body falling across his back dribbling blood. Isabella drops the corpse once she gets everything. They reach the next door, and wait several moments, Y muttering that it would be nice if someone could look into the past and find out information, like the code to the door. After a while of ignorance, Isabella decides to look into the past, since she is bored. She is able to see 1 millennium into the past, and is able to see the original owners of the city treating it as a market square, their light vanishing and choking ash covering everything, centuries of absence, and then the discover and refitting by the Black Sun, as well as every code the door ever had. As she returns from her spacing out she tells the others (in her usual indirect and not quite sensible way) about the other beings that she saw, and then lists every code the door ever had. This recitation takes 7 hours, during which the others sit down, with Y, L, and even H grabbing a quick rest and napped sleep as she continued. H only had his book record the first few numbers, and the last number combination that should be current. After reciting this Isabella said she was tired and collapsed to sleep on the floor. H lay Isabella over one shoulder, and then they entered the door code.
• They open the door to screams of “Please don’t kill me and sobbing”. V shouts “Silence!”, so the sobbing is more quiet, but still desperate. Lila then tries to calm them all down, and succeeds. They asks who they are, and what they can do here, L says that they are the rescue party. Then they ask about what is going on, to try and figure out what is going on. All the people say they were simply workers in the different regions, but that none of them had much security clearance. V asks if they are all Delacroix, and they confirm that they all work for them. Then the others ask if there is anything else that they can help with. The party says that there is nothing that they can do to get them out right now, since there is nothing for them to take it now since the city is in the same, or even worse shape then the lab down here. V asks if they are the ones responsible for this then, the security is here is quite incredible after all the work that is done here. They ask for whatever details they can be provided about the layout here, saying that there isn’t all that much left where they know. Then they are told that there is a sleeping quarter and major experimental chamber down the way from across where they came in, and then there are also another smaller lab down through the other door. The Seekers ask for any assistance that they can provide, so that they can help them. They offer to give them their security cards in order to give them easier access to other rooms. Looking at the 49 cards they see that each is made of valuable metals and gems, and should be worth a great deal. They take all of them, due to the massive value entailed. They then opened the door, telling the scientists to stay where they are, and make their way through the next massive hall.
• They travel down the hall, with fewer things even then in the first. As they come to a branching path they see a few zombies shambling towards the sleeping quarters, and goo scattered around the floor. They go towards the major research room, despite many really not wanting to. They find a corpse squished in the door. H searches it and finds another key card. Then C and V push open the door, finding a massive look of things with Lila looking in to see a massive laboratory, with numerous structures, other dead people, and then a massive pit in the center with ominous rumbling. Then they walked in. Moving over to find and search the items, H finds another batch of 9 more keycards. Then V looks in to find the Necrogolem thrashing about within its magical bindings. They look down, Y suggests they leave it, most of the others agree, but V suggests that they should deal with it. C agrees, because he expects that it will follow them, and nothing could stop there, so it would make things easier in the long run. V throws one of the corpses against the barrier, and the Necrogolem then decides to try to get at it, and the field shocks and burns through it, the power eroding as H looks at it, and realizes that it will probably only last a few more minutes. H tells them, so they have to choose whether to fight it. They decide to do it, so H hides Isabella under a desk, then pats her on the cheek until she wakes up. Then H tells her that a creature will be rising up so they must kill it. Isabella says that they then should get rid of it to make it and the bad things go away. C gathered up a collection of volatile bottles, strapped them together with belts and rope, and then balanced it on the side of the pit, waiting. Then Y brought out another bottle of alcohol, and lit the wick up to wait. Then they waited, until the barrier broke away. Then C pushed in the bottles, and then Y threw in the bottle to light it on fire. Then the Necrogolem burrowed under the ground into the wall. C and V cursed.
• Waiting up above Y prepared another bottle, Lila hid nearlby to watch, H prepped his bow and Isabella cackled with lightning on her fingertips. V stood and watched, then backed up and jumped up in order to create a small shake in order to try and draw the creature up, and C activated his water shield and fully defended down at the floor.
• After three turns of waiting and nothing happening the Necrogolem runs upwards in order to strike under Viresaegaer and Cormac, with the necromantic energy also striking out against Lila and Ymir. Y manages to dodge the strike with his cloak, and Lila uses the scattered debris to form a shield, which is tossed aside as her stomach is broken, C is knocked back and takes a slight penalty of Curse of Flesh, while V takes a larger penalty and is swallowed by the Necrogolem, his axe is unpleased. H shoots it with an arrow, and then Isabella fires a scalpel through it with her Magnetic Accelerator Attack. The scalpel bounces off of V’s armor inside. Luma charges zeon. H fires another light arrow to carve into it, as they note the fact that its wounds are healing. Ymir runs over to Isabella and gives her a long sword. The Necrogolem spits out a massive body at H, who has Luma block with a shield, to have the body explode in a cloud of vapor that H, Isabella, and Y were able to resist. Inside the Necrogolem V suffers much more from the Curse of Flesh, then attacks three times to tear through it harshly in order to cut his way out in a torrent of guts, then to hurt it further. Then Isabella unleashed an Magnetic Acceleration Attack in order to fire the long sword into it, harming it quite well. Then the Necrogolem catches Viresaegar by surprise, throwing its body against him to tear his left shoulder and arm from the socket, revealing some lung, and harming him again with its Curse of Flesh to increase the penalties. Then it attacks C twice with a pair of broadsword wielding corpses, but his armor soaks up both of them. Y throws another flaming bottle of alcohol, and lights the creature slightly on fire. Isabella MAA’s another scalpel into it to hurt it more. H fires another three arrows into it to harm it again quite solidly. Luma accumulates zeon. Cormac shakes off the blows. V uses his Nemesis powers to generate another arm and grab up his armor and set up his axe again. Isabella “The big man is not right.” V attacks the creature three times, carving into it again, and again, and again, taking great chunks out of it. Luma fires a doubled-up Beam of Light blast, hitting it solidly. Y throws a +5 dagger at one of the broadsword slaves, hitting it solidly. H unleashes another 3 arrows at the creature, hitting it solidly all three times. The Necrogolem brings its strike down on V once more, but the armor soaks up all of it. Then the slave attacks also fail against his armor. Isabella MAA’s with a crossbow bolt, tearing through the Necrogolem in a shower of gore, death, and a destroyed slave weapon. Cormac then destroyer attacks through it to resume its death and continue destroying it thoroughly.
• Y goes and grabs the dagger from the spitting group of ichor on the floor. H accumulates to use Recover on Lila in order to get her back up. Isabella tells Lila about V getting his arm taken off, then growing a new one, then hitting with the axe. Both C and V took extra time to completely destroy the Necrogolem in order to leave it well and truly dead. Y slightly heals C, then H also repairs all of V’s health that he could, but his arm stays off. Looking around, they find several research notes describing the Necrogolem, its making, and what its capabilities are. V votes that they go left, C has no preference, and Lila sees that they do not have any properly. V goes to the door, and with the new keycard they are able to get there. They march down the hallway, going forward they find another long hallway, and go through another door, then through it into a ground filled with individuals. V demands they stand down, and gets no response. Lila tries to ask them questions, but gets no response. V decides to walk forward, which they do. After walking in a while, Lila throwing a rock but getting no response, a voice tells them that there is another team participating and that they are not performing very well against the other team in the training area.” V asked about what other team. Creepy Voice “The other team have eliminated 37 targets.” V “What team?” Isabella “The team that killed the prime number.” V “Lead me to this team.” Creepy Voice “Inform me as to who you are and what you do.” V demands the location again. Creepy Voice tells them to act for it, or else they need to leave. Everyone but V refuses to answer, and backs up in order to get away from the voice, and is then sealed out by the doors being closed. Then the creepy voice asks them who they are again. Isabella uses her power to see back a millennium within that small hallway, seeing the original races that lived there, and also finding out that there was another Steiner Seeker team that passed through this hallway several days before, when things were still intact and the Seekers were skulking. When she returned Isabella commented that there were other groups of Seekers there. The Creepy Voice said that they are Seekers then, and wanted to know what they were doing here, and their number and identity. For a while the group, and V resisted, until H finally admitted it and told the Creepy Voice the truth. She identified them as high ranking Steiners, blamed the entire situation on the complex, and that they would therefore need to be dealt with. L asks what they mean for trying to help them out. The Creepy Voice says that they should assist in repairing and retrieving any individuals, research notes, and projects that they can in order to pay for the right to escape for all the sealed areas and exits. They agree, and ask a few questions about where to go and how to do it. The Creepy voice says she will help, once they prove themselves. C asks if killing the Necrogolem wouldn’t prove it enough. The Creepy Voice leaves for a while, then comes back and informs them that the cost of the destroyed Necrogolem would be added to their tab. With grumbles they ask what the test is. The Creepy Voice tells them to outkill the other team on the test track they are within. They set off, V in the lead, H firing arrows to destroy targets, but V only looking to hunt down and slaughter the other team. If they are dead they can’t get more hits then them, right.
• Luma realizes that they are surrounded, and so the group asks for locations and looks. Lila prepares herself. Y throws a firebomb at the closest 009 behind a rock, then the 009 jumps out to evade it and is seen. One 009 jumps through the air at a surprised V, but his armor soaks it up. Y easily dodges the one that lunges out at him. Two 009’s charge Cormac, his armor soaking up the first, and it also soaks up the second, noting the residue being left behind. Two then charge H, who dodges the first and puts an arrow into him to harm it extensively, then dodges the second attack as well. L enchants her clothes as a magical shield, to last for an entire day, and it works with mystic plates. Cormac wipes at the fluid on his armor. Isabella uses an electricity arc against one of the 009 that attacked H, destroying it with lightning, causing it to explode, not harming H, and dealing 100 points to Isabella’s shield. The first 009 attacks V again, but he blocks and counters with his axe, killing the one infront of him, gaining the life that the explosion takes from it, while it hurts the two 009 fighting C, while C avoids it with his shield. The 009 fighting Y attacks, but Y easily dodges and thrusts his dagger deep into the monster’s body. Lila cleans zombie guts, from her fingernails. The 009 fighting H turns to attack Isabella, but her shield soaks it up. H then shoots that zombie, which explodes to not harm H, but to hurt Isabella with it. H then sends his second arrow into the 009 fighting with Y, killing it to cause it to explode, but Y evades it with his mystic cloak. Cormac unleashes his splitting bolas at the healthier 009, as it doesn’t split, and hurts it but doesn’t kill it. V then are-attack charges the remaining 009’s fighting with C, killing them both in a great explosion, the first merely denting their armor, and the second slightly injuring C. Then silence fills the hall. Creepy Girl Voice “Due to the elimination of the opposing team, all of their kills will be awarded to you, and you will prove victorious. I accept you all to assist with us in what you do. What would you like to go now?” V “Take me to you.” The Edge of Dawn “You wish to come to me. Then I shall lead you to me.” Isabella “Will there be cake?” TEoD “No, I’m afraid not. All you will have to do is go back to the original door you entered through, and then take the door directly across from where you entered.” V then grunted and they keep moving. Lila to V “Can you trudge slightly less menacingly?” They continue going forward. L asks for the creepy voice’s name, and she introduces herself as The Edge of Dawn. They pass through the crossroads, to the door to the security checkpoint. Then TEoD talks over to them, telling them to try and get the security beyond the door to not shoot them in order to progress past. V jokes that they will deal with things as they must, C saying that they don’t start things, they just finish them. Then V pounds on the closed door without saying anything. TEoD then says that that may not be the best way for them to get the guards to talk to them. Then they hear a mail voice shout at them from the other side demanding them what they are, if they are alive. V, Isabella, and Lila all say that they are alive, and should let them in. The guards ask TEoD what is going on, and she says that they should let her in. The guards wonder why, because the Seekers will do more to assist them. The guard doubts it, and then TEoD suggests that failure to listen may result in garnishment of their wages. Grumbling and complaining furiously the guard tells TEoD to open the door. When one of the Seekers also asks her to she does.
• Inside the small guard room are signs of rations, kegs of water, ammunition, weapons, and armor, and 8 rather haggard looking guards. They lower their crossbows, tell the Seekers to enter before anything can follow, and then order TEoD to close the security doors again. TEoD doesn’t appreciate being told what to do, informs the guard it is not of high enough rank to give such an order, and when he persists she opens all of the other doors to the other hall. H asks TEoD politely to close all the doors so they can speak in piece, and so she does so. Then they begin to discuss things with the guards, who identify the group as Seekers based on the strange group and crazy Isabella, with them demanding to know what is going on and what they are doing. The Seekers don’t answer much at all, but say that they are moving forward to try and solve these problems and deal with things. Lila assures them that all of them are not quite crazy, and the guards are happy to hear this, while Isabella says that Lila shouldn’t call others crazy. After a brief discussion covering some of the basics about what was going on here, the guards’ position, and them to hold the line, the Seekers leave in order to make their way to central security. V hears a thrumming from his axe, and so lingers back in the room with the guards while the others leave.
• Everyone but V make it forward, until they reach the grand central security chamber, a circular room several hundred feet in diameter, with a massive glowing crystal in the center of the chamber. At the foot of the crystal knelt a young woman, clothes in tatters, covered in blood, and muttering to herself. As the Seekers stride into the room, Isabella comments that she can feel the stone and crystal singing, that there is much strength in this room. Lila then asks if they can meet TEoD in her more regular form, and so then she appears in her tiny, glowing light of red, orange, and yellow light. She greets them, and asks if they are ready to get to work. They want a little bit more information first, and H and L go over to the mumbling woman in order to ask her what is going on, and if she is alright. The woman simply mumbles, more and more and more about the failure, the death and pain, the loss of companions, the blood, the blood, the blood. TEoD introduces her as Melinda Straussa, the last surviving member of the Steiner Seeker group that broke into the laboratory, triggered all of these traps, and then watched all of her companions die terribly. TEoD has been suggesting that she might bless Melinda with the death that she wants so much, but that TEoD has decided to wait on it for a while, because it isn’t her job to kill them, so she is keeping them alive. Lila says that TEoD hasn’t taken any form of leadership seminar in the past. Then V arrived and demanded Melinada to tell her what book she was talking about. When Melinda continued to mutter incoherently V lifted her up by the neck and demanded again, so she simply began to choke. H, L, and C all ask what the hell is he doing. Then V grabs Melinda by the body instead, to ask about the book again. She eventually stammers out The Book of The Dead fragment, the cause of all this loss and pain. C asks TEoD if retrieving this book would help to assist covering their costs. TEoD says that it would, tells them where it is, and then also says that the guards there aren’t under her control, and that she can’t disable the security that leads to it. Y asks about the security, is told about the directed and focused magic and psychic energy to destroy people, which makes Y shudder. C asks for any other major people or things to retrieve. TEoD suggests that they could try and find Sergei Colbert, the head researcher that designed many of the most powerful creatures, security designs, and TEoD herself. She tells them his location, within the Ragnarok chamber. Then TEoD informs them that since Sergei Colbert was the one that designed all of the security, he has overridden her control of the security in that region, and that she can no longer observe anything that she is doing. Therefore, they decide that they should try to get Sergei Colbert first, so that he can override the security for them to let them into the region in order to gain access to The Book of The Dead.
• While the others were discussing that, V looked at Melinda, and asked her if she wanted him to end it all. She said that she wished to wake up from this terrible dream. So V buried his axe into the floor, drawing strange looks from the party, until V swings Melinda through the air to decapitate her on the axe in the ground. C, L, and H asks V what the hell he was thinking, and V simply says that she wanted her to do it, so he did. Isabella and her many selves all vote that they are slightly afraid, and dislike of the big man. Y goes over to Melinda’s body and takes all of her valuables, leaving the tattered clothes to give her some decency. Then TEoD then opens the door leading into the hall that will take them to the security checkpoint before the Ragnarok Room, and Sergei Colbert.
All Utopia's Are But Dust In The Wind
September 18, 2012 23:56
• Saturday, December 3, 989
• In the city of Terrasanta the Seekers gather in a park to await their orders from Julietta. While waiting, Lila receives the message from Julietta, asking if they are prepared to get the item. Lila asks what they mean by prepared? Julietta says in order to retrieve the item. Lila says that then they should be, since they sent at least one crazy person along. Julietta smiles and says that they should get along well. Julietta tells them of the Heart of Mnemosite, down in the Scar of the Martyr, which they have to descend, into the mutant overgrown foliage, then find the entrance to Mnemosite, go through the lost city to find the Heart of Mnemosite. Lila asks for a few details, regarding what the heart looks like (no one knows), where it should be (deep in the center, guarded by things that hopefully are inactive), and if anyone has returned (none). Lila doesn’t particularly like the sound of it. Asks for a few more details regarding the distance from the city, and their pay (anything that they get in the city except for the heart that they need). Asks about climate and a few other details. Then Julietta wishes them good luck and signs off. Lila replays the information to them, regarding going for the item that no one knows what it looks like, down a cliff that no one has returned from, through a forest that no one has ever returned from, in a city that no one has ever returned from. Heinrich comments on it being about usual for them, except that they actually know that it is a Duk’zarist city. Asks if they can climb, Isabella says that she can climb, climbs a tree, then looks down and asks Heinrich “Daddy” to catch her, which he does correctly.
• They then decide to gather some things, including food, lots of rope (Cormac buys 500 feet of rope and 400 pitons in the guild district, Heinrich buys 200 feet of rope ladder). Lila drops off her gear with a Black Sun merchant, saying that she and her companions are heading off to a business venture further away, and that there is no actual business for them. The Black Sun rep accepts it, taking them in and promising to return them. Then she goes to the library, and has a librarian retrieve a book on the Scar of the Martyr, and gets all the general geographical information of the region. When they have their supplies Cormac goes to the door in order to try and wait outside for the others. He finds a crowd gathered before the door, trying to get out, but the guards can’t open the doors. Cormac stays and watches, notices a few groups of pickpockets going through the crowd, including one in his pocket, that he tries to intimidate away him, he does and then sees the man holding some of his gold, so Cormac throws a bolas to fully paralyze the man, gets his coin back and then takes 7 GC extra. Then he watches the show. Luma notices the barrier over the city, and H notices that it is an incredibly powerful barrier of some kind.
• Eventually the rest join, but they see the collection of massed people and guards trying to push their way out. They notice the ten guards trying to open the gate. Then they all see a shambling man coming from the alley. Luma recognizes it as reeking of necromancy. Heinrich doesn’t like it, and then they all see the creature fall on one of the people and begin devouring them. Then the rest of the crowd notices and begins to panic. They push forward and begin crushing each other against the door, including killing the guards. Heinrich draws his Glaive and begins to attack that one, scratching it, then Luma sees 13 more coming. They begin watching, with Heinrich bringing out his bow and firing into the zombies coming forward. He doesn’t kill any, but hurts several. Then Isabella unleashes some arching lightning into the gathered zombies, bursting one at the seams of flesh. Then as they look about they see another ~150 zombies and 18 slayers coming down the stree. H recognizes the Slayers as being Black Sun creations. As the undead push forward Viresaegaer goes up to the gate, shoving his way through the crowd to the gate, then pushes against the doors, shattering them beneath his massive hands, then he strikes the barrier beyond. He glares at it. Then they move closer to the wall, Cormac going to the guardhouse close to the wall, checks the door to find it locks, and pushes it in. He blocks the three crossbow bolts that strike him, glares at the guards on the other side and runs up the stairs. Ymir and Lila follow behind. H moves against the wall on his horse, looses three arrows and then runs up the wall with Isabella tucked under one arm. Up above they look over the city, and see more zombies coming, and smoke rising from various parts of the city. H fires several more volleys of arrows, Isabella throwing bolts of lighting into the mobs of zombies, with Viresaegaear unwrapping his massive, axe in all its unholy glory, and moves into the Slayers, cutting three of them down in a flurry of crushing blows. The undead move past V, the Slayers moving into the crowd, and the zombies all around V. V slaughters 20 of the zombies in three fell sweeps. After several more volleys, and the guards from down below coming up, while Ymir prepares several bottles filled with oil and whicking them with cloth. Viresaegaer kills another 16 more zombies. Isabella uses her mirror to fire an Electromagnetic Acceleration Attack to fire her mirror through the zombies that were there, but doesn’t kill any. Then the others decide to that they should run, they see that more of the zombies are coming from the left, Lila asks if they should be heading towards it, Cormac suggests they do, Isabella suggests that they need to go through to find the end of path, through the way to find the bad things, to closes the bad things, in order to try and find the source of them to stop them to make the bad things stop. Then they decide to move forward and try to find the source. Viresaegaer carves through another 13 zombies, so the remaining dogpile on him. He stands and send them flying, the others shouting at him for where they are going. V doesn’t hear. Then he sees that 3 Hunters charge past, into the crowd, the Slayers and Zombies also tearing into the crowd, slaughtering the humans and the Slayers using the corpses to heal. V kills all the zombies that are close as they begin wandering away to try and get to the different houses, as the monsters break in the walls and begin murdering people.
• Lila, Ymir, Heinrich, Luma, Isabella, and Cormac run down the sides, looking around the city to see what is going on. More smoke rising, smaller bits of zombies and other creatures running about the streets, although not nearly in any large of distances. They look over the groups to try and figure out where they need to go, but they can’t seem to find where they need to go or where the things are coming. Then they try to look for more, Luma looks for a hole in the barrier, but as she looks around it appears to all be perfectly sealed. Therefore, they figure they may need to try to find the source of the Black Sun control inside the city. Lila tries to access Julietta through the Eru Pelegri. L is able to get through to Julietta, who complains in serious pain. L responds that there is a worse situation that they are currently in, and Julietta asks if they are actually still within the city. L says that they are, and Julietta groans even more, wondering if nothing could go right at all. While L talks with Julietta, the others continue to survey the city. They see a pair of strange flying creatures circling off in the distance, but can’t make them out, they also see a trio of people running across the roofs as they look for places where the zombies aren’t. Cormac throws one of his bolas to wrap up one of them, sending him collapsing to the tiles. They then look, trying to determine how to get there. C brings out his rope, and then lowers it down as there aren’t many zombies near. Heinrich grabs up Isabella, runs down the wall, across the street, and up onto the other rooftop before stopping. Ymir also runs across to the top. L pauses the conversation with Julietta, goes down the rope from Cormac, and then crosses to the street. Two zombies approach her, so H unleashes a flurry of arrows to drop one, and I unleashes a flurry of blast lighting to explode the other one.
• After too many of the zombies get away from him, Vilresaegar went to go hunt another Slayer, battered through its right shin, then noticed that the rest had left, although as he looked around he saw a light glowing off in the distance, and ran off in pursuit, battering through any zombies that got within his reach on the way.
• C dropped down to the ground, crashing into the ground for some pain. Then he got back up, threw the rope up, which was caught by Ymir, which helped hoist up Lila. Then everyone grabbed the rope and helped to hoist up C.
• Lila then resumed her conversation with Julietta, while C untied the bolased, and bloodied man. Lila asked Julietta what was going on, and if they were responsible for this given that H informed them that they seemed to be Black Sun creatures roaming the streets. Julietta said that it was probably a breach, and that the defenses would have been activated in order to seal the city, and that they would need to try and find a way out, survive, and still retrieve the item in question. Then C demanded to know where the man was trying to go, since H was stammering over the words to try. The man, through a broken nose and teeth, muttered that he was trying to go to the base. C says the base sounds quite tempting, you should speak more on the nature of this base. L asked Julietta if she had any more information regarding the location of the base, since they should have a button to lower this barrier and save themselves and possibly the city. Julietta suggests that it should be underground, and to check around the other Black Sun repositories for information. L suggests Julietta try well to survive, since she very much wants to be paid, and then Julietta ends the conversation. C tells the gang man to lead them to their base so they can get down.
• From down below shouts up V regarding them leaving him behind, with him completely covered in gore. C shouts back that they did tell him they were going this way, and that if he didn’t hear it wasn’t there fault. V wishes to know what they are doing next, and C tells him that they are following the man to the base. They ask if V would like to run on the roof, he stays on the ground.
• Running across the roofs, or in V case the ground and through the scattered zombies that get in his way, they follow for over an hour until they reach the corrupted nest, and reach McRill’s Slaughterhouse, which was guarded by 4 bandits with crossbows, and ten on the ground. There were 10 zombies coming down the streets, so the party and the man leading them took them down into the basement of the shop, past the hanging animal corpses. In the bottom they find McRill slaughtering a pig, with 7 more goons and the man that led them there. McRill demands why they are there, Isabella converses a few to many crazy times, Lila tries to smooth things out, McRill kills the man that led them there for not asking enough questions, gets some of his goons to hall out some rotting pigs. L asks if they know of any way in particular to get underground around here. McRill suggests the sewers, and other places for the big buildings if they were looking for it, such as in the nicer districts. One of the goons suggests the Sanitarium, McRill jokes about sending the loonies to the looney bin, the goon says it again since it is a big building, so McRill ‘promotes’ the man to leading the front line against the monsters. Then McRill says that they can take their pick. Isabella decides to use her electromagnetic manipulation to take McRill’s cleavers and stick them in a wall, McRill tries to hit Isabella with a blowdart but it is stopped by her shield. McRill puts the blowdarts away with all the others eyeing him up, and he asks them to leave. They leave, V crawling back out. When they get outside there are 10 dead zombies, and 5 dead people, one of which was the ‘promoted’ ones sent out. They ask which way to the Sanitarium, and all the survivors glare at them, then they see the two collosi, and all point in the right direction. Isabella says that they are all going to die if they keep that up. They then begin making their way to the Sanitarium.
• Down the streets they wound, Viresaegaer leading with his giant axe, cleaving any zombies that draw too close, with Ymir, Heinrich, Isabella, and Lila clustered in the middle, with Cormac guarding the rear, swirling his bolas. As they made their way towards the Sanitarium, a cluster of massed zombies block their path. H unleashed a flurry of arrows to drop one, Isabella bid farewell to her whistle as she Electromagnetic Acceleration Attack it through several zombies that do not die, and a home or two behind it. Then V strode in, and demolished the rest of them in an enormous swing. C “Good job, looks like we have this well in hand.” They then walked forward, to find a great gaping hole down into the sewers, with a zombie trying to claw its way up. V crushed the one as the others gathered around, looking down into it. H “where does it lead to?” V “Smells like shit”. L “The sewers then.” C “Then should we go down into there?” H “Why?” C “Because we were trying to get into lower places, to reach the sewers, and it seems that this will lead us to where we need to go.” Looking down at the hole, V glowered behind his mask. “I will not fit within that space.”, a five-foot diameter tunnel after all. C shrugged “I’d have to crawl too.” Isabella “Down we go to find the down, into smelly dark darkness.” A grinding comes from below, and a Slayer crawls up to the opening, its great claws gouging the stones. The Slayer then stood, its claws stretching back to try and tear into those gathered around, until V brought his mighty axe down upon its skull, destroying it and having it collapse to fill the hole. C “Looks like we’ll be keeping on to the Sanitarium then, with that creature in the hole and all.” H “We do have people strong enough to pull it out.” V pulls out the massive corpse before adding “I’m not going in there. I won’t fit.” C “Nor do I want to with those things crawling through. So we at least are going to the Sanitarium.” L “Without these two, I think I will follow as well.” They all continue forward, to the Sanitarium.
• The Seekers reach the Sanitarium, its stone walls and iron gates sealed. No undead seem to be moving within, and the few nearby without are slaughtered by V. C checks the gate to find that they are locked. Isabella begins laughing and rubbing her hands together, and H tells her to only open the gates, not to break them. L agrees with that idea, as there appear to be no undead within. Isabella tries, but can only rattle the massive steel objects. From the other side of the wall came a voice of an older man, wishing if they would like to be let in. The party says yes, and they hear the gate lock grinding open, and the door is opened. An older Daevar man in a laboratory coat greets them, and asks them to step inside quickly, they do, except for V who says he will watch the perimeter. The gate is closed and locked behind them. The man introduces himself as Dr. Verfrend Matinbrochen, the man in charge of the Sanitarium. He asks if they are picking someone up, or looking over at Isabella, if they are dropping someone off. L wonders why he is continuing to keep this place working after ‘the end of the world’ has started. Dr. Matinbrochen says that it is in order to ensure the safety of his many patients, and that they have no where to go anyway. Isabella uses telemetry in order to see the last week outside the Sanitarium, seeing that 5 days ago many people talked more about it. She tells everyone that there were so many different people coming and going, and then all at once. The Dr. then asks again if Isabella is being dropped off. Isabella mutters to herself that she doesn’t like this place, until a young, malnourished, and wild-eyed young man comes up to here, saying that she is one of them. Isabella asks what he means, and what his name is. The boy introduces himself as Frans, and says that Isabella is one of them and should meet The One. Isabella asks about this one, and if the others could come to. Frans says no, they are not one of them and would not be able to see The One, but that The One knows everything and can experience and let her see it all too. Isabella says that there is no way for anyone to know anything, Frans insists that The One does, and can show her as well. Isabella says that she doesn’t like this place, but asks where The One stays. Frans says that The One hides in the dark places, that it changes, and that finding him is a game they play. Isabella smiles, says that she likes games, and tells H that she is going off to play, so she and Frans run off into the Sanitarium, despite Heinrich’s shouts for her to come back, so H went of in pursuit. Dr. Matinbrochen then invites the rest of them in.
• V wanders the outskirts, killing any zombies that draw near to the walls.
• Dr. Matinbrochen escorts L, Y, and C to one of the lower offices. The furnishings are plain, the furniture fairly uncomfortable, and the lighting poor. Dr. Matinbrochen takes a seat behind the plain desk in the room. From a side cabinet he brought out a pitcher of water, and several glasses. He offered L, Y, and C a seat and a glass of water. C accepted both, L sat down but politely declined the water, and Y hovered near the door accepting neither seat nor beverage. Dr. Matinbrochen asked them why they were here, and C responded saying that they were looking for an entrance to the sewer. Dr. Matinbrochen say they had no direct access, since it could be hazardous to the patients if they could get access to it. L asked for a little bit more details then regarding all of the actions that could go on here. Dr. Matinbrochen simply says that he tries to provide assistance and treatment to many of the psychologically damaged individuals within Terrasanta. They hold an open door policy for the bringing in of new people, and others can return to see them, so long as they respectfully avoid whatever time they are working regarding the treatments. L asks how exactly some of these treatments are performed, to which Dr. Matinbrochen says that he cannot reveal those secretes.
• Roaming the walls outside, Viresaegaer killed all zombies that were within reach. The occasional Hunter would look over him, nod its massive skeletal head slightly, and then go grating off into the other portions of the city. During the other time V hurled the chunks of still steaming black ichor from his armor. Then, off in the distance he could hear loud cries for help. Running towards the sound he found a broken door into a home, with fire and smoke licking through the windows. Wading inside V found seven zombies preparing to fall upon a woman huddled over two small children. With one sweep of his might axe V destroyed all the zombies at once. With tear filled eyes the woman looked up and thanked the giant monstrosity of a man, sobs of pure joy wracking her frame. V then felt a dark thrumming shudder from his axe. The next thing he remembered he was back outside the Sanitarium, another two dead zombies at his feet, steaming ichor covering him once more. At his belt is a bright silver necklace.
• Inside the Sanitarium, Frans and Isabella run along the lower levels. Noting that Heinrich is following her, Isabella decides that if they stand perfectly still H shouldn’t be able to see them. They stand perfectly still, and H plays along, while telling Luma to keep an eye on them, so when they run away he can follow them again. After giggling to themselves for a few moments Isabella and Frans set off up the stairs into the medical wing. Through the dark halls they went, past the clouded doors, until he she ran into the dark Main Experiment Chamber, although she couldn’t make out the dark details of it.
• Down below Dr. Matinbrochen excused himself for a few moments to fetch them some patients to speak to, in case any of them know something that could help them. Once Y is sure that Dr. Matinbrochen will be gone for a while, he leaves, going through different rooms. He finds further empty offices, the privy, and also finds the Guest Store room. Seeing the collection of weapons that are present, he unwraps one of his sacks and stuffs it with items.
• H steps into the Main Experiment Chamber, and sees all of the actual features; skin curtains, bone wind-chimes, bottles of fluids and organs, and skinned bodies decorating the walls. Then one of the bodies on the wall moaned “Help me.” Isabella flinched back as Luma’s light revealed it all. Then Luma gave H a warning of something behind him. H spun around and lashed out with his +5 Naginata. The monstrous creature (Dr. Matinbrochen’s Sickles of Madness Form) nimbly dodged away from the attack, then lunged forward, his massively clawed hands being narrowly deflected by the naginata, cutting hard into H’s armored sleeve, tearing into it. Isabella began conversing with herself, about not liking this place, and knowing what they needed to do. Grabbing a scalpel, Isabella unleashed an Electromagnetic Acceleration Attack, but the creature dodged it as well. With another lunge H sent his naginata flying forwards, but the creature evaded and lunged forth, slicing through some of H’s hair. Luma unleashed a beam of light, but it was as though the creature’s bladed surface bent away from the light unharmed. Unfortunately for the monster, it dodged right into Isabella’s arcing lightning. In a great tearing suffering wave the creature convulsed and died, reverting once more into the form of Dr. Matinbrochen.
• H returns his attention to the skinned man, looks him over and realizes that he will die shortly if he isn’t treated. Reaching into his zeon stores, H uses a Recover spell to fully regenerate the man, then lowers him from the wall. Frans shakes his head and wrings his hands, saying that The One’s speaker is now fallen, and that a new one will need to be found, and that Isabella would make a good speaker. Isabella says she wouldn’t like that, and begins collecting scalpels, finding 12 on the operating desk nearby. H then takes the other two downstairs, where he finds Y standing out in the hall, V just walking into the doors, and C and Lila still in their seats in the office. H tells them that the Dr. Matinbrochen is dead, C asks how, and Isabella says that Edward killed him, even if Cathy thought they shouldn’t. C ignores Isabella and turns his attention back to H, who explains the monster appearance, and the look of the upstairs room, and the man that he saved (not mentioning that he started skinless). Lila asks him what was going on here. The injured man, exhausted begins to croak out that the Dr. did terrible things to them, and then a few days ago it got even worse. He shudders at the thought. C asks the man his name, and he simply says they called him One, except that he was about to die and then another would be called One, instead of Two most likely. L asked for an information that could help them, and One suggested they try the basement. V dragged Frans off to the side, demanding to know more about this monster thing that occurred, and what was going on. Frans mentioned the one, the blessed and cursed one that falls in the dark places, guiding to only be seen by the ones that embrace the darkness, the madness, their dementia. V asks how he could make this thing appear, and Frans suggests he take out the lights. One tells the others that there were terrible sounds from the basement, so much screaming. They decide that the basement should be their next stop then, and then they hear the sound of shattering glass as V uses his axe to destroy all the lights within his reach. C asks him what the hell he is doing? V says that he is bringing this one down so that he may kill him, by making it dark. Everyone else thinks that this is a bad idea, but V says that he will anyway, and shatters the other dull lanterns nearby.
• In her head Isabella hears a voice, saying that she should join him, become one in order to know everything, to embrace the eternity of darkness and madness. Then before her appeared an inverted, skeletal angel covered in chains and white leather wrapping his form. Isabella stares at it, asking what they will do to it, except that no one else can see it, and the angel says as much. Then a wave of power rolls out over him, and H begins hearing voices and seeing flashing images, including the creature. The angel comments that two can see him now. With another deep thrum from his axe, V takes it in his hands, and his mind is swept away a bit. The angel comments that three can see it now, and that Isabella should join with it. In his panic H draws an arrow and fires it, slightly harming the angel, which laughs as H stares at the flickering images. V then feels his axe tell him to strike the creature, and he does, the massive weapon hitting it without harm, and then the axe speaks, saying that it is finally awake. With a rasping laugh and parting thoughts to Isabella that it may have found someone better it vanishes. V stares at the axe for a while, as the axe speaks into his mind. It informs him that V will give it what it wants. V asks back about what it wants? The axe simply says slaughter, death, and destruction, that you have fed me well this night, and so your friends may live while we continue forward, until all others fall beneath its blade, and then, in the end, finally even his companions will fall and fade away. Then the axe goes silent, so V sends it to kill Frans with ease. C asks why he did that, and V responds that the insanity made him dangerous. There wasn’t a good argument against it, so they went through the back doors in search of the basement, V kicking them open and nearly crushing an inmate. V’s axe finished the hapless man.
• They walk through the garden, the plants grey and dead, until they find the cellar doors down into the basement. V easily tears them open, and then they descend. At the base they find the sleeping cells for the patients, blank walls, and nothing else. Isabella uses telemetry once more, and sees the passage of all the poor souls that lived, and were taken away to die within, walking through the secret door, until they were all released 5 days ago. Isabella tells the others of this, Ymir mumbles about the bad stench in the air, and then C and H both latch on to the, they walked through the wall, bit. V smashes the wall in that was spoken of. Beyond is the hidden laboratory, with its operating tables, notes, strange implements, elevator of hatched metal and strange risen pedestal covered in metal knobs and levers, crystal juttings, and a large central slot, and the massive twelve shattered crystal containers. As they stepped inside they noticed the 12 huddled figures in one corner, their skin tight, metal bursting from their bones and replacing parts of their skull, wires and crystal in strange places. Then the creatures whipped back their heads and screamed into the night.