• Sunday, December 4, 989
• Isabella unleashed an electrical arc into one of the creatures, causing it to explode into a shower of gore and doom and collapses. Heinrich unleashes a flurry of three arrows into one of the Type-017, striking through its left forearm and left calf. Luma waits and watches, with access to his zeon. The Type-017 Madness Spinners, pairing up and unleashing a wave of Psychic Assaults and Psychic Deaths, striking Isabella for her PsR, Cormac for a point of Int and Wp, and slightly damaging Heinrich’s resistances as well, while many of the other Type-017 have sparks burst from their minds as they fail. Cormac throws his splitting bolas in order to destroy two of them by taking through their ribs and arms. Then Lila hid in the shadow of Viresaegaer, before V charged forward into the mass, swinging twice, killing 5 of the 8, then the remaining three with the second attack.
• Isabella “Does anyone elses brain feel like cinnamon and taste like purple?” C “My head hurts a bit.” Isabella “Does the colours talk back to you?” H “My head slightly hurts.”
• They look over the pedastal, and through the room. Luma finds some notes on the creation of the Type-017 Madness Spinners and puts them in his book after reading them, Cormac looks into the turned over corpses, seeing what they are. Lila and Luma look at the pedastal with its buttons and levers. They sense a great deal of energy, Heinrich knowing that it is not all magic. Lila suggests that they not push it until they know what it does, which makes Isabella run over and grab one of the two levers, but then H tells Isabella to leave it alone. Isabella looks over and begins to argue about whether they should push it or not between all of their. Then H pulls her away. They see the pit beneath the grating, and Isabella drops a GC down, and hears it hit after a 3 count. Looks quite far down. Isabella suggests trying to lower them down through, and then grabs the other lever. Lila notices that there is necromantic energy that builds around Isabella’s hands, and then tells her not to pull it, so H grabs her and pulls her off. She wants to know why, H says that it could hurt her, or them. Isabella talks within themselves and then deciding that her killing daddy might not work well. C suggests that they have V try to carve through the grating with his axe. He cuts, and then a beam of energy attempts to cut into him, but his axe stops it. Then they attempt to figure out what to do next, so V grabs onto and pushes the little blue sapphire button, and has a blast of energy. They notice the ripple of other magic there. Then C looks over and analyzes the pedastal, seeing that there is a key that would open it to function, that it attacks any failed attempts, and that it can be evaded around in order to make the way through. C asks if any of them found a key, they say the things they have that open their own things, and then C opens it up manually with his technique, and the elevator descends them down, with only C and V on it. The others glower as they descend about 150 feet. Ymir runs down the wall to reach the base of it. Then H asks that they should have like help from him to carry Isabella and Lila down there, L says she doesn’t want to go down there, but that she will anyway. H carries them down, and they find the lower region, with a set of three massive doors. They look at them, C and Y seeing that they are not trapped, but are locked. Isabella looks 1 year into the past, and finds that there are different codes into each of them. Then she gave the data, Lila memorized the more recent ones, and then V uses the codes in order to progress down the hall. They travel through the strange places and distant and scattered bodies within, trying to find the few bits of zombies. Isabella then grabs one of the zombies and starts pulling crossbow bolts out of it. She falls behind the rest of the group, so H tells her to catch up. Isabella says that they need them so that they can use the big attack that Edward likes so much. H grabs her, carrying her over one shoulder, and the body falling across his back dribbling blood. Isabella drops the corpse once she gets everything. They reach the next door, and wait several moments, Y muttering that it would be nice if someone could look into the past and find out information, like the code to the door. After a while of ignorance, Isabella decides to look into the past, since she is bored. She is able to see 1 millennium into the past, and is able to see the original owners of the city treating it as a market square, their light vanishing and choking ash covering everything, centuries of absence, and then the discover and refitting by the Black Sun, as well as every code the door ever had. As she returns from her spacing out she tells the others (in her usual indirect and not quite sensible way) about the other beings that she saw, and then lists every code the door ever had. This recitation takes 7 hours, during which the others sit down, with Y, L, and even H grabbing a quick rest and napped sleep as she continued. H only had his book record the first few numbers, and the last number combination that should be current. After reciting this Isabella said she was tired and collapsed to sleep on the floor. H lay Isabella over one shoulder, and then they entered the door code.
• They open the door to screams of “Please don’t kill me and sobbing”. V shouts “Silence!”, so the sobbing is more quiet, but still desperate. Lila then tries to calm them all down, and succeeds. They asks who they are, and what they can do here, L says that they are the rescue party. Then they ask about what is going on, to try and figure out what is going on. All the people say they were simply workers in the different regions, but that none of them had much security clearance. V asks if they are all Delacroix, and they confirm that they all work for them. Then the others ask if there is anything else that they can help with. The party says that there is nothing that they can do to get them out right now, since there is nothing for them to take it now since the city is in the same, or even worse shape then the lab down here. V asks if they are the ones responsible for this then, the security is here is quite incredible after all the work that is done here. They ask for whatever details they can be provided about the layout here, saying that there isn’t all that much left where they know. Then they are told that there is a sleeping quarter and major experimental chamber down the way from across where they came in, and then there are also another smaller lab down through the other door. The Seekers ask for any assistance that they can provide, so that they can help them. They offer to give them their security cards in order to give them easier access to other rooms. Looking at the 49 cards they see that each is made of valuable metals and gems, and should be worth a great deal. They take all of them, due to the massive value entailed. They then opened the door, telling the scientists to stay where they are, and make their way through the next massive hall.
• They travel down the hall, with fewer things even then in the first. As they come to a branching path they see a few zombies shambling towards the sleeping quarters, and goo scattered around the floor. They go towards the major research room, despite many really not wanting to. They find a corpse squished in the door. H searches it and finds another key card. Then C and V push open the door, finding a massive look of things with Lila looking in to see a massive laboratory, with numerous structures, other dead people, and then a massive pit in the center with ominous rumbling. Then they walked in. Moving over to find and search the items, H finds another batch of 9 more keycards. Then V looks in to find the Necrogolem thrashing about within its magical bindings. They look down, Y suggests they leave it, most of the others agree, but V suggests that they should deal with it. C agrees, because he expects that it will follow them, and nothing could stop there, so it would make things easier in the long run. V throws one of the corpses against the barrier, and the Necrogolem then decides to try to get at it, and the field shocks and burns through it, the power eroding as H looks at it, and realizes that it will probably only last a few more minutes. H tells them, so they have to choose whether to fight it. They decide to do it, so H hides Isabella under a desk, then pats her on the cheek until she wakes up. Then H tells her that a creature will be rising up so they must kill it. Isabella says that they then should get rid of it to make it and the bad things go away. C gathered up a collection of volatile bottles, strapped them together with belts and rope, and then balanced it on the side of the pit, waiting. Then Y brought out another bottle of alcohol, and lit the wick up to wait. Then they waited, until the barrier broke away. Then C pushed in the bottles, and then Y threw in the bottle to light it on fire. Then the Necrogolem burrowed under the ground into the wall. C and V cursed.
• Waiting up above Y prepared another bottle, Lila hid nearlby to watch, H prepped his bow and Isabella cackled with lightning on her fingertips. V stood and watched, then backed up and jumped up in order to create a small shake in order to try and draw the creature up, and C activated his water shield and fully defended down at the floor.
• After three turns of waiting and nothing happening the Necrogolem runs upwards in order to strike under Viresaegaer and Cormac, with the necromantic energy also striking out against Lila and Ymir. Y manages to dodge the strike with his cloak, and Lila uses the scattered debris to form a shield, which is tossed aside as her stomach is broken, C is knocked back and takes a slight penalty of Curse of Flesh, while V takes a larger penalty and is swallowed by the Necrogolem, his axe is unpleased. H shoots it with an arrow, and then Isabella fires a scalpel through it with her Magnetic Accelerator Attack. The scalpel bounces off of V’s armor inside. Luma charges zeon. H fires another light arrow to carve into it, as they note the fact that its wounds are healing. Ymir runs over to Isabella and gives her a long sword. The Necrogolem spits out a massive body at H, who has Luma block with a shield, to have the body explode in a cloud of vapor that H, Isabella, and Y were able to resist. Inside the Necrogolem V suffers much more from the Curse of Flesh, then attacks three times to tear through it harshly in order to cut his way out in a torrent of guts, then to hurt it further. Then Isabella unleashed an Magnetic Acceleration Attack in order to fire the long sword into it, harming it quite well. Then the Necrogolem catches Viresaegar by surprise, throwing its body against him to tear his left shoulder and arm from the socket, revealing some lung, and harming him again with its Curse of Flesh to increase the penalties. Then it attacks C twice with a pair of broadsword wielding corpses, but his armor soaks up both of them. Y throws another flaming bottle of alcohol, and lights the creature slightly on fire. Isabella MAA’s another scalpel into it to hurt it more. H fires another three arrows into it to harm it again quite solidly. Luma accumulates zeon. Cormac shakes off the blows. V uses his Nemesis powers to generate another arm and grab up his armor and set up his axe again. Isabella “The big man is not right.” V attacks the creature three times, carving into it again, and again, and again, taking great chunks out of it. Luma fires a doubled-up Beam of Light blast, hitting it solidly. Y throws a +5 dagger at one of the broadsword slaves, hitting it solidly. H unleashes another 3 arrows at the creature, hitting it solidly all three times. The Necrogolem brings its strike down on V once more, but the armor soaks up all of it. Then the slave attacks also fail against his armor. Isabella MAA’s with a crossbow bolt, tearing through the Necrogolem in a shower of gore, death, and a destroyed slave weapon. Cormac then destroyer attacks through it to resume its death and continue destroying it thoroughly.
• Y goes and grabs the dagger from the spitting group of ichor on the floor. H accumulates to use Recover on Lila in order to get her back up. Isabella tells Lila about V getting his arm taken off, then growing a new one, then hitting with the axe. Both C and V took extra time to completely destroy the Necrogolem in order to leave it well and truly dead. Y slightly heals C, then H also repairs all of V’s health that he could, but his arm stays off. Looking around, they find several research notes describing the Necrogolem, its making, and what its capabilities are. V votes that they go left, C has no preference, and Lila sees that they do not have any properly. V goes to the door, and with the new keycard they are able to get there. They march down the hallway, going forward they find another long hallway, and go through another door, then through it into a ground filled with individuals. V demands they stand down, and gets no response. Lila tries to ask them questions, but gets no response. V decides to walk forward, which they do. After walking in a while, Lila throwing a rock but getting no response, a voice tells them that there is another team participating and that they are not performing very well against the other team in the training area.” V asked about what other team. Creepy Voice “The other team have eliminated 37 targets.” V “What team?” Isabella “The team that killed the prime number.” V “Lead me to this team.” Creepy Voice “Inform me as to who you are and what you do.” V demands the location again. Creepy Voice tells them to act for it, or else they need to leave. Everyone but V refuses to answer, and backs up in order to get away from the voice, and is then sealed out by the doors being closed. Then the creepy voice asks them who they are again. Isabella uses her power to see back a millennium within that small hallway, seeing the original races that lived there, and also finding out that there was another Steiner Seeker team that passed through this hallway several days before, when things were still intact and the Seekers were skulking. When she returned Isabella commented that there were other groups of Seekers there. The Creepy Voice said that they are Seekers then, and wanted to know what they were doing here, and their number and identity. For a while the group, and V resisted, until H finally admitted it and told the Creepy Voice the truth. She identified them as high ranking Steiners, blamed the entire situation on the complex, and that they would therefore need to be dealt with. L asks what they mean for trying to help them out. The Creepy Voice says that they should assist in repairing and retrieving any individuals, research notes, and projects that they can in order to pay for the right to escape for all the sealed areas and exits. They agree, and ask a few questions about where to go and how to do it. The Creepy voice says she will help, once they prove themselves. C asks if killing the Necrogolem wouldn’t prove it enough. The Creepy Voice leaves for a while, then comes back and informs them that the cost of the destroyed Necrogolem would be added to their tab. With grumbles they ask what the test is. The Creepy Voice tells them to outkill the other team on the test track they are within. They set off, V in the lead, H firing arrows to destroy targets, but V only looking to hunt down and slaughter the other team. If they are dead they can’t get more hits then them, right.
• Luma realizes that they are surrounded, and so the group asks for locations and looks. Lila prepares herself. Y throws a firebomb at the closest 009 behind a rock, then the 009 jumps out to evade it and is seen. One 009 jumps through the air at a surprised V, but his armor soaks it up. Y easily dodges the one that lunges out at him. Two 009’s charge Cormac, his armor soaking up the first, and it also soaks up the second, noting the residue being left behind. Two then charge H, who dodges the first and puts an arrow into him to harm it extensively, then dodges the second attack as well. L enchants her clothes as a magical shield, to last for an entire day, and it works with mystic plates. Cormac wipes at the fluid on his armor. Isabella uses an electricity arc against one of the 009 that attacked H, destroying it with lightning, causing it to explode, not harming H, and dealing 100 points to Isabella’s shield. The first 009 attacks V again, but he blocks and counters with his axe, killing the one infront of him, gaining the life that the explosion takes from it, while it hurts the two 009 fighting C, while C avoids it with his shield. The 009 fighting Y attacks, but Y easily dodges and thrusts his dagger deep into the monster’s body. Lila cleans zombie guts, from her fingernails. The 009 fighting H turns to attack Isabella, but her shield soaks it up. H then shoots that zombie, which explodes to not harm H, but to hurt Isabella with it. H then sends his second arrow into the 009 fighting with Y, killing it to cause it to explode, but Y evades it with his mystic cloak. Cormac unleashes his splitting bolas at the healthier 009, as it doesn’t split, and hurts it but doesn’t kill it. V then are-attack charges the remaining 009’s fighting with C, killing them both in a great explosion, the first merely denting their armor, and the second slightly injuring C. Then silence fills the hall. Creepy Girl Voice “Due to the elimination of the opposing team, all of their kills will be awarded to you, and you will prove victorious. I accept you all to assist with us in what you do. What would you like to go now?” V “Take me to you.” The Edge of Dawn “You wish to come to me. Then I shall lead you to me.” Isabella “Will there be cake?” TEoD “No, I’m afraid not. All you will have to do is go back to the original door you entered through, and then take the door directly across from where you entered.” V then grunted and they keep moving. Lila to V “Can you trudge slightly less menacingly?” They continue going forward. L asks for the creepy voice’s name, and she introduces herself as The Edge of Dawn. They pass through the crossroads, to the door to the security checkpoint. Then TEoD talks over to them, telling them to try and get the security beyond the door to not shoot them in order to progress past. V jokes that they will deal with things as they must, C saying that they don’t start things, they just finish them. Then V pounds on the closed door without saying anything. TEoD then says that that may not be the best way for them to get the guards to talk to them. Then they hear a mail voice shout at them from the other side demanding them what they are, if they are alive. V, Isabella, and Lila all say that they are alive, and should let them in. The guards ask TEoD what is going on, and she says that they should let her in. The guards wonder why, because the Seekers will do more to assist them. The guard doubts it, and then TEoD suggests that failure to listen may result in garnishment of their wages. Grumbling and complaining furiously the guard tells TEoD to open the door. When one of the Seekers also asks her to she does.
• Inside the small guard room are signs of rations, kegs of water, ammunition, weapons, and armor, and 8 rather haggard looking guards. They lower their crossbows, tell the Seekers to enter before anything can follow, and then order TEoD to close the security doors again. TEoD doesn’t appreciate being told what to do, informs the guard it is not of high enough rank to give such an order, and when he persists she opens all of the other doors to the other hall. H asks TEoD politely to close all the doors so they can speak in piece, and so she does so. Then they begin to discuss things with the guards, who identify the group as Seekers based on the strange group and crazy Isabella, with them demanding to know what is going on and what they are doing. The Seekers don’t answer much at all, but say that they are moving forward to try and solve these problems and deal with things. Lila assures them that all of them are not quite crazy, and the guards are happy to hear this, while Isabella says that Lila shouldn’t call others crazy. After a brief discussion covering some of the basics about what was going on here, the guards’ position, and them to hold the line, the Seekers leave in order to make their way to central security. V hears a thrumming from his axe, and so lingers back in the room with the guards while the others leave.
• Everyone but V make it forward, until they reach the grand central security chamber, a circular room several hundred feet in diameter, with a massive glowing crystal in the center of the chamber. At the foot of the crystal knelt a young woman, clothes in tatters, covered in blood, and muttering to herself. As the Seekers stride into the room, Isabella comments that she can feel the stone and crystal singing, that there is much strength in this room. Lila then asks if they can meet TEoD in her more regular form, and so then she appears in her tiny, glowing light of red, orange, and yellow light. She greets them, and asks if they are ready to get to work. They want a little bit more information first, and H and L go over to the mumbling woman in order to ask her what is going on, and if she is alright. The woman simply mumbles, more and more and more about the failure, the death and pain, the loss of companions, the blood, the blood, the blood. TEoD introduces her as Melinda Straussa, the last surviving member of the Steiner Seeker group that broke into the laboratory, triggered all of these traps, and then watched all of her companions die terribly. TEoD has been suggesting that she might bless Melinda with the death that she wants so much, but that TEoD has decided to wait on it for a while, because it isn’t her job to kill them, so she is keeping them alive. Lila says that TEoD hasn’t taken any form of leadership seminar in the past. Then V arrived and demanded Melinada to tell her what book she was talking about. When Melinda continued to mutter incoherently V lifted her up by the neck and demanded again, so she simply began to choke. H, L, and C all ask what the hell is he doing. Then V grabs Melinda by the body instead, to ask about the book again. She eventually stammers out The Book of The Dead fragment, the cause of all this loss and pain. C asks TEoD if retrieving this book would help to assist covering their costs. TEoD says that it would, tells them where it is, and then also says that the guards there aren’t under her control, and that she can’t disable the security that leads to it. Y asks about the security, is told about the directed and focused magic and psychic energy to destroy people, which makes Y shudder. C asks for any other major people or things to retrieve. TEoD suggests that they could try and find Sergei Colbert, the head researcher that designed many of the most powerful creatures, security designs, and TEoD herself. She tells them his location, within the Ragnarok chamber. Then TEoD informs them that since Sergei Colbert was the one that designed all of the security, he has overridden her control of the security in that region, and that she can no longer observe anything that she is doing. Therefore, they decide that they should try to get Sergei Colbert first, so that he can override the security for them to let them into the region in order to gain access to The Book of The Dead.
• While the others were discussing that, V looked at Melinda, and asked her if she wanted him to end it all. She said that she wished to wake up from this terrible dream. So V buried his axe into the floor, drawing strange looks from the party, until V swings Melinda through the air to decapitate her on the axe in the ground. C, L, and H asks V what the hell he was thinking, and V simply says that she wanted her to do it, so he did. Isabella and her many selves all vote that they are slightly afraid, and dislike of the big man. Y goes over to Melinda’s body and takes all of her valuables, leaving the tattered clothes to give her some decency. Then TEoD then opens the door leading into the hall that will take them to the security checkpoint before the Ragnarok Room, and Sergei Colbert.
Further Down They Go...
September 25, 2012 03:37
• Sunday, December 4, 989
Please login to comment.