Description: Gauntlet gules, wavy azure on argent.
House Steadwater stands on the shoreline of Cape Wrath, to the East the Rainwoood and to the West the Dornish Marches. The late Lord Eryk Steadwater fought in Robert’s Rebellion, losing an arm at the Trident and being granted a parcel of land by his grateful king. He has grown that land since then, and his sons have likewise continued to expand the House’s influence and land. His son Wesley inherited the title after Lord Eryk died tragically during an attack on Prince Joffrey and Lord Renly’s bannermen during the tourney in honor of Wesley’s marriage to Lady Iris of House Dannet.
History of Steadwater
The present lord to the house is young Wesley, who came suddenly to power when his late Lord Father, Lord Eryk, was trampled while trying to escape the attack of Bar Emmon’s forces during the tourney for Wesley’s wedding to Iris Dannet. Previously, Wesley became heir when his elder brother, the giant Bartholeme was struck down and killed in combat with Jamie Lannister. The late Lord Steadwater has no other children. Wesley has since married the last daughter of Lord Dannet and thus will take over their lands upon the Lord Dannet’s death, doubling the Steadwater lands.
Character and NPC Roles
- Wesley – The Lord
- Ser Oisin of Carmayar – Captain of Archers, called The Dreadbow
- Clancey – The Sheriff
- Widowed Lady Steadwater – Wesley’s Lady Mother
- Ser Sebastion Steadwater – Lord Eryk’s younger brother
- Jeor Blackmont – Master of Whisperers for House Steadwater
- Ser Rhaen Danien – Knight of Danien-and-Rimchurch, Wesley’s bannerman
- Abu Afif – A former gladiator from the Summer Islands
- Afif – Abu’s half-Dornish son and cannibalistic murderer and thief
- Maester Gregory – House Maester
- Old Gregor Grimtooth – Steadwater Town Spokesman
- Peter Eel – Tavern Keep at the Spitted Eel
The Steadwater lands include a small town, a small castle, a Mine, a Port and a Market. They employ a Maester.
- Steadwater Town : A grim port town of maybe 1000 souls, swollen by the flow of ships that dock and make use of the towns pitiful lodgings.
- Spitted Eel : The towns best watering hole. Though best might better be replaced with “not as bad as the rest”, primary place of work for Gregor Grimtooth and his mates.
The Steadwater forces consist of the following
|10||Trained WARSHIP||Awareness||Fighting||Markmanship (Long Range)|
|100||Trained ARCHERS||Agility||Awareness||Marksmanship (Long Range)|
|4||3||2||Castleforged Breastplates and Morningstars|
|100||Trained RAIDERS||Athletics||Marksmanship (Close Range)||Stealth|
Glory :: 22