Your Energy will translate to Energy Points which will be used to tweak the story in your favor.
How to Spend Energy Points (EP):
- Reroll: Characters can reroll up to three times per scene. The 1st attempt will cost 5 EP, 2nd attempt will cost 10 EP, and 3rd attempt will cost 15 eps.
-On Snake Eyes or Box Cars, there are no rerolls!
- “Play the hand dealt to ya!” 20eps A hero can switch a situation in his/her favor dependent on one of their Qualities. Example: Master Don the human Mastodon must fix a giant complex time machine to return to his own timeline. Now he’s not the brains of the group but he has the Quality “When in doubt, smack it!” so he spends the 20eps crosses his fingers and headbutts the device. He makes the proper roll vs a target number and voila! He’s back in 1966 Impact City!
- “I got my second wind!” 15eps When they are depleted to their lowest score of health, once per scene and if their Quality applies a Hero or important NPC can spend Energy Pts to recover a step of health.
Example: Wendy Go! takes a tidal wave blast from Pharaoh Faucet and is taken down to 14 Health. After she makes her roll to make sure she’s still conscious she decides her “No man can slow me down!” Quality is in order. So spends her eps to raise her back to 28 (her second score of health). This comes at a price, the hero’s check to remain conscious throughout the scene is now Above average (Target number 15)
- “. . .I’m. . .not . .down . . .YET!” 40eps Once per scene a Hero or important NPC can activate a Quality to spend their eps on one last action before falling into unconsciousness. No need to roll the action is an automatic success, though the player can choose to roll on a result of Box Cars the result is even greater! Example: Johnny Deeds is almost down and out but before he blacks out he activates “The pluckiest Actioneer” spends the eps and dive for the button that frees Doc Action and the rest of the Actioneers from the death device of Professor Atrocious!
- “Retcon!!” Once per episode Heroes can spend eps to come up with a detail previously unknown (information, a device, a detail, or npc) that could help with the scene. The retcon may even involve a role-played flashback.
-Minor retcon 10eps= “This storeroom probably has the right tool to crack open this door”
-Major Retcon 20 eps= “Good thing I’ve got a set of keys from that slave girl. Let’s get out of here”
-Retcon EXCELSIOR! 50eps= “Phew! Good thing Superman is my best friend and watches me all the time. Thanks for tearing the roof of the building Supes!”
- “Let me try something new!” 10eps A Hero can spend the eps to attempt a power stunt they may not have on their sheet. Whether it’s using superspeed to create a tornado or pushing your invisibility to make others invisible. Roll + Stat vs Target Number.