A Mizukiri Witch Hunter
More to follow
These tough, unmatched warriors are forever outsiders on the world of Kes. Unlike the other races, the mizukiri are strongly anti-magical, so much so that the mere touch of a mizukiri can temporarily disrupt the mystical framework of magical items.
Created by the corrupt moon goddess of life as her witch hunters and primary weapon against her sister, Ohkani-Nushi the moon goddess of magic and creation, the mizukiri were widely feared and hated for the great threat threat that they posed to spell-casters and psychics. Since the goddess’ demise, the mizukiri have integrated as well as they can into the societies of the Younger Races.
Think: Tough; Anti-Magical; Outsiders; Unmatched Warriors.
The Mizukiri are remarkably similar to humanity and, as such, run the gamut of personalities.
The mizukiri come in all the shades and colour of humanity, with the exception of having vivid, gem-like eyes.
A Mizukiri Sword Sage
- A mizukiri’s natural weapons are considered adamantine, magical and psionic for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.
- Any weapon used by the mizukiri is considered magical and psionic for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.
- Mystical-Draining Attacks (Su) :
- A mizukiri’s attacks can weaken a foe’s magic or psionic items. If a creature struck in melee by a mizukiri fails a Will save DC 10 + half mizukiri level + Charisma-modifier + 2 (Ability Focus (Mystical-Draining Attacks)), one of the magic or psionic items in the foe’s possession is suppressed for 1 round/3 levels of the character. If a mizukiri knows a particular item in his foe’s possession is magical or psionic, he can choose to drain that item, provided he can see it. Otherwise, the item is chosen randomly. Drained items still detect as magical or psionic, but the magic appears suppressed or disrupted.
- Spell Resistance 10 + class levels + Charisma-modifier
- Power Resistance 10 + class levels + Charisma-modifier
- Hex Resistance 10 + class levels + Charisma-modifier
- Damage Reduction 3/- . This improves to 5/- at 5th, 8/- at 10th, 12/- at 15th and 17/- at 20th level.
- Spell Scent (Su) :
- Mizukiri can “smell” magic as per the Detect Magic spell as a constant effect.
- Mystical Healing (Su) :
- Whenever a mizukiri’s spell, power or hex resistance prevent a spell, psionic or hex power from affecting him, he heals 3 points of damage per level of the spell/power/hex.
- Robust Natural Healing (Su) :
- Mizukiri heal at an accelerated rate. Mizukiri recover 1 hit point and 1 ability point per character level per hour. With a full night’s rest (8 hours of sleep or more), the mizukiri recovers all lost hit points and ability points. Any significant interruption during the rest prevents them from healing that night.
- Magical Dissonance :
- Mizukiri cannot cast arcane or divine spells, nor use psionic powers or spell-like abilities, even if they take levels in a class that grants any such powers or abilities. They can use extraordinary and supernatural abilities normally.
- Magic items in their possession are subject to the same effect as their Magic Draining Ability. Mizukiri must attune to each magic item that they wish to use. This takes 1hr of concentration, meditation and attunement. Even after the magic item is attuned, it functions at a lesser ability.
- Any item that grants a numerical bonus has its bonus reduced by 3 in the hands of the mizukiri e.g. a katana +4 in the hands of a nyss instead functions as a katana +1 in the hands of the mizukiri.
- Items that do not grant a numerical bonus, but have a certain number of uses in a given time period, have the number of uses halved. If the use is only once in a given period, the period is doubled in length.
- Items that neither grant a numerical bonus nor have a set number of uses in a given time period become unpredictable. Whenever a mizukiri uses one of these items, there is a flat 50% chance that the item will fail to work as expected. This failure chance increases by 1% per character level.