More to follow
A Ryujin Champion of Clouds
Think: Impulsive; Passionate; Outgoing; Warrior Mages.
Ryujin are proud and passionate beings, with their moods matching the mercurial nature of the Air element which threads so deeply through their very minds, bodies and souls. Ryujin love challenges and puzzles, often throwing themselves into competitions of the mind and body to prove themselves. They tend to learn sword craft as well as the powers of the arcane, weaving them flawlessly into a storm of fury that they unleash upon their enemies.
The ryujin lament the current state of their “elder cousins”, the dragons, who have fallen into a madness following the corruption and murder of their queen. Some ryujin actively seek a means of overcoming the madness by seeking the fallen queen’s soul gem to cleanse it, in hopes of reversing the damage done by the Oni Court of Sin.
Ryujin are broad shouldered with large, expressive reptilian wings on their backs. Ryujin have tough, scaly hide and long, draconic heads that sit upon muscular, serpentine necks. Their skin runs the full gamut of the rainbow, from deepest, void blacks through to midnight blues, emerald greens and blood reds. Dracha mature at approximately the same rate as humans, though often live to 250 years old.
Movement : A ryujin has wings and can fly at 60 ft. with good maneuverability.
- Darkvision 300 feet
- Sun Vision 500ft:
- The ryujin spend a great deal of time in the sky and, as such, have developed a strong resistance to looking at the sun. A ryujin can look directly into the sun without negative effect and are immune to being dazzled, stunned or dazed by any effect that relies upon light to accomplish the effect.
- As long as the ryujin has line of sight, this also allows the ryujin to view up to 500ft away as though standing within 5ft.
- +4 racial bonus vs Primal Magic
- +8 racial bonus to Fly
- Electricity Resistance 25
- DR 1/magic (improves to 3/magic at 10th level and 6/magic at 20th level)
- Mastery of Air (Su) :
- Ryujin are partially-elemental creatures of Air and, as such, have a particular affinity with magic that uses it. Ryujin have a + 1 caster level when using any spell that affects or uses wind, clouds, air, storms, lightning or sunlight.
- Constant – Freedom of Body (Su)
- Ryujin are an elusive and mercurial race with strong roots in the element of Air. As a result, ryjuin are difficult to impede or slow, being able to move and attack normally even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog , slow , and web . Ryujin also gain a +10 racial bonus on any combat maneuver checks and Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin. Note: this does not provide any protection against petrification.
A ryujin has two claw attacks (1d6/1d6) and a bite attack (1d8), and the claws are the primary natural weapon.
A ryujin fighting without weapons can use both claws and its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it can use the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it can use a claw as an additional natural secondary attack.
- Breath Weapon
- 60-ft. line, 3d8 lightning damage, Reflex DC 10 + 1/2 HD + ryujin’s Con modifier