Eladrin fled to the Feywild to escape the darkness. However, many eladrin died when their rituals failed to transport them to the fey realm. Over the centuries, the eladrin have rebuilt their kingdom and mastered arcane magic. Two hundred years ago, eladrin began returning to Sarsis in small numbers, hoping to re-establish links to their past. Their return has been slowed however, due to a stifling fear amongst the population of what is now known as the “dark arts”. You now fear for your safety in a world that executes those who use magic.
If you play an eladrin, here are some things to remember:
- You were born and raised on Sarsis. You’ve never been to the Feywild.
- You know that most eladrin and a few elves reside in the Feywild.
- The Feywild is a reflection of Sarsis before the world fell into darkness.
- Your true racial identity is a dark secret due to your natural affinity for magic, so you feel the need to pass yourself off as an elf in order to avoid execution.
- As an eladrin adventurer, you can choose to explore Sarsis for lost eladrin who know nothing about the Feywild, search for allies among the elves, prove to others that not all magic is used for a dark purpose, or unearth arcane lore lost since the darkness fell over the world.