Avandra The Changer, The Wanderer, Luckbringer, Dweller on the Horizon
The goddess of change, Avandra delights in freedom, trade, travel, adventure, and the frontier. Her temples are few in civilized lands, but her wayside shrines appear throughout the world. Halflings, merchants, and all types of adventurers are drawn to her worship, and many people raise a glass in her honor, viewing her as the goddess of luck. Her commandments are few:
- Luck favors the bold; take your fate into your own hands, and Avandra smiles upon you
- Strike back against those who would rob you of your freedom and urge others to fight for their own liberty
- Change is inevitable, but it takes the work of the faithful to ensure that change is for the better
- Breath of Avandra (4 Declarations)
- Unlike most of the other deities, the Changer does not have any fixed holy days of her own. Most of the faithful have minor feasts or celebrations whenever an appropriate opportunity presents itself, such as before setting out on a journey, the safe arrival of a merchant’s train, or other occasions where the goddess’s hand is noticeable. Of course, most people do the same, but rarely does it go beyond a glass raised in her honor or a quick prayer.