Character Creation Guidelines
- Ability Scores- Ability Scores will be generated using Method 2: Customizing Scores (PH pg.17)
- Backgrounds – Characters may take a general Background. If you want to take a Background that is specific to another setting (Forgotten Realms, Scales of War, Eberron, etc) then those need to be approved by the DM beforehand. You can take more than one Background, but you can only select the benefit from one.
- Races – The races listed in the Players Handbook 1 & 2 are all fair game. Races outside of that list need DM approval.
- Theme – Characters may take a Theme per the information listed in the Character Builder. Themes specific to a particular setting (Dark Sun, Eberron, etc.) require DM approval.
- Rank – All characters will begin the game as Squires in the Order of the Griffin. As such they will start with the Mark of the Squire.
When you make your characters please keep in mind how your character’s race, class, background, and theme work together to shape your character’s history and let me know the character’s general backstory.