Pantheon - Melnibone
The gods on Melniboné – Lords of the Higher Worlds
Lords of Chaos
Even before the world existed, the Lords of Chaos were. Beyond mortals, beyond gods, these great beings wielded power unimaginable. Called The Many by some, the Natharl’nacna by others, these dark ones attended the creation of the universe and called it flawed.
- Arioch, Lord of the Seven Darks, Knight of the Swords, Lord of the Higher Hell, et cetera,
- Balan the Grim or Balaan
- Chardros the Reaper, one of the three oldest Chaos Lords,the lord of destruction and beauty.
- Checkalakh the Burning God, a minor Chaos Lord made entirely of fire,like his essence, he is constantly hungry.
- Duke Teer
- Eequor, a Lady of Chaos
- Hionhurn the Executioner, a giant, green and gnarled like a tree.
- Mabelode the Faceless is one of the three oldest and most powerful Chaos Lords. He appears with his face in shadow.
- Mashabak is a rival to Arioch. Count Mashabak is brutal and direct
- Orunlu the Keeper is a purple-scaled giant with a fiery aura. This good-humored Chaos Lord is charged with guarding the Dead Gods’ Book.
- Pyaray, the Tentacled Whisperer of Impossible Secrets, appears as a giant red octopus. His soul is kept in a blue crystal on his head. Sailors who drown at sea are taken into his Chaos Fleet. One portent of the end of the world is the ascent of the Chaos Fleet to the surface.
Slortar the Old, the oldest Chaos Lord, appears ironically as a slim and beautiful youth.
- Vezhan appears as a smoky yellow, winged humanoid
- Xiombarg prefers to appear as a beautiful young woman but is sometimes referred to with the male pronoun (making a pun of her title Queen of the Swords). She is prone to shapeshifting and carries a giant sword.
Lords of Law
- Donblas the Justice Maker is the spokesman and leader of the White Lords.
- Miggea is a female Lord of Law