Characters are supposed to know a lot about the campaign worlds in which they have adventures. However…
- The campaign world of Star Wars is an entire galaxy with thousands of worlds that are known and millions that aren’t
- The Imperial Holonet is a controlled/censored tight-beam system not available on 99.9% of starships. It’s not like your local Starbucks or neighbor with an unsecured wireless access point.
- Discovery and exploration are significant subplots and themes for games
- There should be a reward for being Trained in Knowledge (Int) Skills
- Players have access to 30 years of novels, fluff, books, and information distilled into a single searchable source known as the Wookiepedia.
- I encourage the player to learn all you want to about the Star Wars universe. Just please be sure you keep in and out of game information where they belong.
I ask that you do NOT use out-of-game information for your character unless you first roll/or “take 10” a Knowledge check for stuff. For online HoloNet type posts that I make, I’ll list the DCs.
This is not something that can be “enforced” – especially for online related things like Obsidian Portal Adventure Log entries. However, it is my request for the good of the overall game that the honor system should hopefully be enough.