Hero and Style Points
Hero points will work as described on page 322 of Pathfinder’s Advanced Players Guide. Keypoints to remember are:
- You gain 1 Hero Point every time you level
- Characters can have no more than 3 Hero Points at any one time. PCs will begin play with 3 hero points
- You cannot spend more than 1 hero point during a single round of combat.
Style Points will be awarded for awesome in character moments. Keep track of them and they can be spent in the following ways:
- 5 style points can be traded in for 1 Hero Point. You still cannot exceed a maximum of 3 Hero Points at one time, but there is no maximum of Style Points.
- 50 style points can be traded for a minor class feature of another class. Chosen feature must be thematically appropriate to character and must be discussed with an approved by GM for selection. Example — bardic knowledge, rage, smite, tracking. Your effective level will be your level -4 for the use of said ability or limited to 1/day use.
- 100 style points can be traded for a major class feature of another class. Chosen feature must be thematically appropriate to character and must be discussed with an approved by GM for selection. Example — monk’s unarmed damage, cavalier’s charge, spontaneous casting, wildshape.
Since style points are new and experimental, I reserve the right to alter this feature of the campaign.