Crown City Times: Spring, 109 PA
Winter’s over! The trees are comin’ back to life, and wildlife is returnin’ from hibernation. Here’s a summary of what’s happened recently:
- Biggest news is that the mine continues to hit pay-dirt! All anyone has to do to make some money around here is get some mining gear at the Crown Plaza (Harek’s always got a sale going on on mining gear), and Urt’za continues to announce he will pay adequately for any Quartz mined. However, danger awaits you. The Ohio is starting to flood from the winter snow, and we lost 3 people to river-monsters this winter while crossing over to the mine. Sadly, Old Crown has also taken a soul (Randy, we’ll miss you). But if you’re willing to risk your neck, you may hit the jackpot! With the coming of Spring, mining equipment will go fast, so visit the Crown Plaza and get your gear on!
- News from the surrounding towns indicate that Federation of Magic is sending reps around to the towns on the outskirts of the Ohio valley demanding loyalty. We should expect a rep in the coming months. Viktor and the council will discuss their possible answer next month.
- The Port of Old Crown project will commence soon, and has Stormspire’s backing. Urt’za announced that they’re looking for anyone willing to work in Old Crown to help make travel to the mine safer. See him (or another one of the Stormspire reps) at the Spire’s Nest for more details.
- As always, there is a substantial reward for anyone able to make Timber Lake Dam usable and safe again. See Viktor for more details.
- The Instigator Squad’s recruiting! Want to show the Feds who’s boss? Sign up today. See Vermund at the Chop Shop for more details.
- Harek Stormring, Owner of Crown Plaza General Store