Day 1, Rova 22nd – Starday
• Thom, Zynessa, Warvayne, Polynicae, and Grothor all separately arrived in Sandpoint during the Swallowtail Festival; each attended the welcoming speeches in the town square, speakers included: Mayor Kendra Deverin, Sheriff Belor Hemlock, Cyrdak Drokus of the Sandpoint Theater, and Father Abstalar Zantus.
• After his speech, Polynicae introduced herself to Father Zantus, a fellow worshiper of Desna. He is young, polite, and eager to discuss the new cathedral and the deities that it was constructed to venerate: Desna, Abadar, Sarenrae, Shelyn, Gozreh, and Erastil.
• Thom and Warvayne meet while playing “Catch a Greased Pig” (perhaps not the most original name, but it is descriptive). Warvayne successfully nabbed the swine, but not before both he and Thom were covered in mud and pig shit. Their love of competition, good food, and strong drink made them fast friends.
• Zynessa decided to try her hand at the Dragon Races (lizards wearing “wings” of cloth and leather), which was being run by Gressel Tenniwar, the proprietor of the Fatman’s Feedbag. There were several other shady-looking individuals milling about and taking part in the races. She wisely chose a strong lizard, but noticed that something might have been amiss with the game, as some of the lizards appeared to be rather lethargic. Thom and Warvayne placed a gentleman’s wager on the race, with Warvayne picking Zynessa’s dragon to win. After a rousing but incredibly slow race, Zynessa was victorious. As a result, Thom streaked through the fair, naked as a jaybird. The three were now very well-acquainted… a little too well, perhaps.
• Polynicae played the Lighthouse Smash, in which an exquisitely crafted mini-catapult was setup to knock down bottles stacked a short distance away. Aesrick Battlehorn had worked on the replica for an entire year in preparation for the festival, and was rightfully proud of his work. Thus, he was a bit shocked when Polynicae managed to break the device on her first attempt! After a quick fix and several more attempts with a numb hand, the cleric of Desna knocked down the “lighthouses”, winning a nicely crafted hair clip in the shape of a Swallowtail butterfly, all while being cheered on by Thom, Warvayne, and Zynessa.
• The group of four spent the remainder of the day together, eating, drinking, and enjoying the infectious merriment of the small town. At noon, they watched the Swallowtail Release, in which a great swarm of butterflies are released from a wagon to be chased by children for the day. Polynicae explained that the ceremony serves to commemorate a legend in which an avatar of Desna fell to Golarion, after a fierce battle with the goddess Lamashtu. She was discovered and nursed back to health by a blind child. To express her thanks, Desna transformed the child into a beautiful, immortal swallowtail butterfly so that he could explore the wonders of the whole world for all eternity.
• Meanwhile, the gruff and amnesiac dwarf known as Grothor, watched the festivities and enjoyed the free food and ale, but did not otherwise partake of the games.
• Defended the town against a surprise goblin attack
• Staying at the Rusty Dragon Inn
Day 2, Rova 23rd – Sunday
• Shopped at the Vin Vender’s General Store / Met Father Zantus to tour the new cathedral / Met Brodert Quink to talk about Thassilonian history
• Boar hunt with Aldern Foxglove
• Ameiko and her father argue in the Rusty Dragon common room
• Party attends the play “Light of the Lost Coast” at the Sandpoint Theater, as personal guests of Crydak Drokus
Day 3, Rova 24th – Moonday
• Approached by Sheriff Hemlock to investigate a disturbance at the tomb of Father Tobyn
• Party meets the family of the young boy (and dog) that they rescued during the goblin attack
• Attempted the Hagfish challenge, epic fails all around
Day 4, Rova 25th – Toilday
• After several exhausting days, with little sleep and too much activity (not to mention still feeling ill from drinking the Hagfish water), the party takes the day off.
• They meet with Mayor Deverin, Sheriff Hemlock, and an elven ranger named Shalelu Andosana in the evening. Shalelu talks at length about the five goblin tribes in the area; she has a wealth of useful knowledge regarding the area, including:
The Five Goblin Tribes- the Birdcruncher goblins, on the western edge if Devil’s Platter; the Licktoads, in the Brinestump Marsh to the south; the Seven Tooth tribe of Shank’s Wood; the Mosswood goblins farther to the east;, and the dreaded Thistletop clan, who live on the Nettlewood coast atop a small island that some say holds a passing resemblence to a decapitated head.
Goblin Heroes- Big Gugmut of Mosswood; Koruvus, the Champion of the Seven Tooths (later encountered in the Catacombs of Wrath); Vorka, the cannibal who lives in the Brinestump; Rendwattle Gutwad, obese chieftain of the Licktoads; Ripnugget, in control of the formidable Thistletop lair; and then there’s Bruthazmus. The bugbear bandit of Nettlewood is Shelelu’s nemesis, they’ve met in battle several times but neither has managed to get the upper hand.
• The Mayor and the Sheriff agree that Belor will go to nearby Magnimar to ask for assistance, and ask the party to keep an eye on the town while he and his deputies are away. The group agrees.
• They return to the Rusty Dragon, where Zynessa’s talks about Sandpoint’s recent history, and the events referred to as the “Late Unpleasantness”.
Day 5, Rova 26th – Wealday
• Bethana Corwin, an elderly halfling maid at the Rusty Dragon, wakes you early to tell you that Ameiko has disappeared and shows them the note left by Ameiko’s half-brother, Tsuto.